SOuLjAh is offline New Member

post shake really important?

Is a post w/o shake really that important or should i have a post meal instead. Im trying to get the right answer so i can blow up. all posts appreciated. peace

painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member
    I personally have had the best results by this method. In the locker room when I am all done training I have 12oz of grape juice, then when I get home I have some type of protein shake (whey, is best for this time) I am now using N-Large. Then 1 1/2 hours later I have a real meal. I like using protein shakes after I workout because it digests faster and therefore gets working faster. From most of the research that I have done that seems to be the way to do it.

Pain.

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Post w/o shake is extremely important! ASAP after workout you want a high protein simple carb shake and about 1 1/2 hours to 2 hours after you want a good meal. This is very important.

Yung Wun is offline Member
    it is important bro
    powder drinks are more easily absorded than if it was solid food

willpharmd is offline Junior Member
    I agree with these guys. You need to switch your body from a catabolic to a anabolic state buy getting protein and carbs as quickly as possible to start rebuilding the muscle you've tried so hard to tear down.

chinups Guest
    I actually feel so much better after post workout shake. I am not sure if it is in my head or what. I would def always have a shake after workout, your body eats that shit up and quick and so what maybe you eat 30 minutes later who gives a shit if your eating right it shouldn't matter.

Buddha_Red is offline Senior Member
    for me the shake is to take care of business but no way is that a replacement for my breakfast after my 5:30am workout hehe

I drink the shake on the way to the shower then its a good high protien breakfast.

you can find good deals on the shakes if you look around a bit and its worth the few bucks.

SOuLjAh is offline New Member
    Thanx everybody, your info was alot of help.

xplicit is offline Member
    How long after working out should you have one? It sometiems takes me anywhere from 15- an hour to get home after the gym.

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    xplicit- As soon as possible!!! Now I've heard many different theories on this and have stuck with this one, you have a 30 minute window to consume your post workout shake(protein/carbs). Then an hour after your shake you want to eat a good meal. I always make my shake and take it with me to the gym so I can drink it immediatly after my workout.

MarkyMark is offline Member
    I would suggest a protein shake with moderate carbs about 20-30 minutes after training has ended.

MM

Big_Dippin is offline Associate Member
    Immediately after my workout, I have a shake. Then about 1 1/2 hours later, I eat my postworkout meal. Usually high protein, moderate carbs.

Somnius is offline Junior Member
    Can u have a protein bar instead of the shake?

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Originally posted by Somnius
    Can u have a protein bar instead of the shake?
    Anything with no fat (or very, very little), high in carbs/protein will do. Best sources are whey protein and simple carbs.

Thread Information