alert is offline Junior Member

diets and how to do it without losing muscle ..

alright ... i have decided to stop bulking and start cutting ... i really wanna get my abs to be visable as i have never seen em my question is what diet to go on as atm im around 25% bf im 5"11 at 206 ... i want to retain my muscle and just burn the fat ... should i reduce total calories to say -500 my bmi and start doing some walking running in the mornings take an eca stake to perhaps ... i want my muscle to stay but the fat to go ?? any ideas suggestions ? links ? any help would be great thx

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    I would at least start some a.m. cardio before you eat breakfast and then maybe later on add an eca. After doing that for awhile then I'd start cutting calories a bit.

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    Key is to lose weight slowly, 1-1.5 lbs per week, that way nearly all the weight u lose should come from fat. If u lose too much, then chances are that some of it or alot of it is indeed muscle.

So figure how to incorporate changes slowly. Don't make more changes until u are "stuck"

Here is my rough plan as i plan on cuttin in february. I go to the next step when i am stuck.

1. ECA, 2weeks on, 2weeks off
    2. No carbs after 6pm
    3. Begin cycling carbs, Moderate/Low/High
    4. Cycle carbs as moderate/low/low/high
    5. Begin cardio in morning on empty stomach, 1/2 hour powerwalking, about 2-3x a week.
    6. Change form of cardio to light jog,1/2 hour, increase frequency per week as needed.

This is pretty much my basic outline, i haven't tried it yet, but i'm hoping it works. Obviously, there are tons of other things u're gonna wanna do or change to your own preferences. Some things that are gonna be similar in all diets is high protein intake, lots of glutamine, and several small meals a day. U might want to consider clenbuterol , i have thought about taking it, but i have no idea where to get any at all so i'm probably not going to include it in this diet this time around.

I would say once u do some more research, post your meal schedule and your ideas in some type of rough draft and let ppl critique it.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame

try........

contacting whackthebid, and two others from this board I am helping currently with a program. You will lose NO muscle, many gain lean mass, and you'll come out cut as all hell.

Don't believe me? Check this forum out and tell me what you think.........results don't lie...............

http://www.gotfina.com/forum/forumdi...?s=&forumid=17

if u can't access the page because of the server which is being revamped, keep clicking the link over again and eventually u will get the forum. It gets over-loaded with people visiting GotFina, no kidding!

~SC~XXL~2K3~

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    Just start by following the advice given to you by BIG TEXAN and Saboudian. And do as much research as possible, there is plenty of information in our archives. Simply hit the search button at the top of the page and search away. Good luck.

yellows2k is offline Member
    One I would like to add is if you are bulking and say you eat 3000 calories, do so for one more week and add cardio to this. Then the next week cut 500 carbs while keeping the cardio. Then the next week cut 500 more so you are 2000 and thats 500 below maintenance. And of course like sab said, cycle the carbs as you don't want your metabolism going to near stoppage. Good luck.

metzger66 is offline Associate Member

thanx

Thanks all for the great info in this post

Metz

yellows2k is offline Member
    not 500 below bmi but 500 below maintenance.

Thread Information