Thread: Atkins & Gear

GandolfReturns is offline Junior Member

Talking Atkins & Gear

Hello,

I hve been on atkins diet for ten days and I have lost 12 pounds, all of which looks like to be fat and water.

I plan on doing a cycle in two weeks
    Deca - Sust - Prop - finish with winny and primo,

My question is whether or not I can stay on this eating regime while Im on gear?

My daily calorie intake is huge including 325 grams of protein.

Any advice woould be greatly appreciated.

G

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    Not recommended. I'm very much against the Atkins diet, especially for bodybuilders. If you want to gain muscle then you must eat carbs...period! If you want to be thin, stick with what you're doing but be prepared to have flat muscle with very little tone. Yes you will lose fat, but you will also, most definately, lose muscle. If you're lucky, AAS may aid in sparing SOME of that muscle but you will definately not gain, and why waste the money? Use your cycle to add lean body mass which in turn will speed up your metabolism overall and will help you to burrn fat more efficiently later on. Just a suggestion.

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    I just looked at your preposed stack. Looks very odd to me. Could you lay it out for us? winny and primo for finishing? Are you trying to get big or trying to get lean? Because prop, winny and primo are all suited for lean hard muscle whereas deca and sust are classic bulkers. If you want to get quality gains switch the deca to EQ and nix the sust altogether...stick with prop for the entire 10 weeks.

One last thing bro, no flame intended but your calorie intake is nowhere close to huge. You are averaging about 1400 calories per day excluding fat. You say you are low fat as well? Lets say for example you are at 25g/day fat. You are now at a total of 1650 cals total.
    Last edited by Pete235; 01-10-2003 at 06:34 AM.

No prob thanx for the critisism!

My cycle looks like this

1-10 200mg deca
    1-7 525mg sust
    8-12 100mg prop e3d
    10-16 50mg winny eod
    10-16 300mg primo
    14 days after last primo start clomid

I m looking to do a bulking/cutting cycle

As far as the atkins , Ill be back to carbs and protein by week 3

16 full eggs
    1lb of bacon
    1 ceasar salad minus croutons
    2 cans of tuna
    4 scoops of mayo
    2 t-bone or striploin steaks
    2 pro peptide shakes
    1 bag of pork grinds
    2 6oz chicken breast
    7 1/2 ozs of cheese
    5 litres of water

Average daily intake of food + multi vitamins, glucosamine sulfate, beta carotene, vitamin E & C

My strength is increasing in the gym and I haven't lost any muscle as far as mine and my wifes eyes can see

Just lost 12 lbs , starting to look good pics are a comin!

georgie24 is offline Member
    dont go nuts on the protein

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    Don't go nuts on the protein?

What the hell else can u eat when u're on the atkins diet? Pure Fat? I don't think so.

10 days=12 lbs lost, yikes. Its hard to beleive for me that u lost all fat, unless u're like that subway dude who just diets his entire life and doesn't care about muscle i'd be worrying about how much muscle u have lost. U do not want to lose this much weight in that short amount of time, u only want to lose 1-1.5 lbs per week, as a rule never lose more then 1% of your total weight per week. If u stick to this u will lose pretty much only fat, any extra weight u lose after this per week will largely be muscle.

I have not done any gear and i have not tried the atkins diet so i could definitely be wrong on this. As i understand, if u're not on gear, once u start your atkins diet, i beleive that it is more of a diet to maintain muscle and lose fat, i think it is just about impossible to gain any muscle while on the atkins diet and not on gear. Of course it is very hard on any diet to gain muscle if u're not on gear, but i think its pretty much impossible to gain muscle on atkins while not on gear.

I have no experience with gear, but from what i understand, If u do plan on juicing during your diet, its best to begin juicing and dieting on the same day. This way u keep your positive and high nitrogen balance.

Like i said, i have never tried juice or atkins, so u might want to get a couple more opinions.

MarkyMark is offline Member
    Pete knows what he is talking about... I for another will say get the HELL off the atkins diet...

Round out your diet ...

60/40/10 .. I am not a huge fan of FAT CONTENT ... It is a very UNHEALTHY way to gain... On a bulk up if you go between 10-20% overall of daily intake that wouldnt be too bad...

Good luck.
    MM

Thanks again for everyone's insight, Ill post results as they happen!

Thread Information