xplicit is offline Member

I want to get abs but i also want to add some mass ...

How should i go about my diet then? My stomach isnt big its just soft and a little flabby i been doing abs a lot latley hoping to tighten it up. My problem is I want to add a little more mass so i want to eat more but im scared ill make my stomach bigger which will hinder my abs. The weird thing is i am very active between going to the gym walking 40 minutes everyday and working a job that has me lifting and running around all day but i cant seem to tighten my belly and i know i need to eat more to have enought enrgy to go about my days.

I really dont understand wny my belly is still soft anyone have an idea why?> I dont work out abs much only latly i have but could that be the main reason why its so soft and a little flabby???

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame

what u eat.......

when u eat it, why u are eating it, how much u are eating, and what you are eating it with, all play a bigger role than how much activity you do physically per day.

~SC~XXL~2K3~

yellows2k is offline Member

Re: I want to get abs but i also want to add some mass ...

Originally posted by xplicit

I really dont understand wny my belly is still soft anyone have an idea why?> I dont work out abs much only latly i have but could that be the main reason why its so soft and a little flabby???
    Probably cuz you have too much body fat. Think of it this way, if you have fat on your belly you aren't going to see abs. SO what makes you think training them will make them appear? If you squat and deadlift, your abs should be getting worked hard anyway. If you wanna add mass, you cant do it without adding a little bit of fat. So why don't you cut down to 8-10% body fat, then bulk to about 13-15% then cut down and go from there? Sure its impressive to see a big strong guy, but isn't it more impressive to see a ripped strong guy.

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    You can do crunches forever, but if you are eating more then your body burns you will never see your abs, it's all about the diet Bro, what you want is what everybody wants and almost no one can do...XXL

Yea i know everyone wants that happy medium of getting cut and putting on mass at the same time its either one or the other.

The thing i dont understand is i really dont take in that many calories or fat in a day and i am very active I have always been active and yet i still have a soft belly i dont understand it. It doesnt make sense to me and im beginning to get fustrated cause i dont know what to do.

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    It's not how many calories you're eating, it's what you're eating. Also genetics plays a big role in it.

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    I have posted a diet for lean muscle gains somewhere in this forum a while back, go check it out it should be somewhere 1/2 down this page...it works for me anyway...enjoy...XXL

Im eating good i dont eat junk and when the few times i do eat like shit like around the holidays i dont gain any weight i dont understand. I guess ill just have to cycle again and maybe ill be happ with those results doing it the natural way is long,frustrating and unrewarding.

yellows2k is offline Member
    Originally posted by xplicit
    Yea i know everyone wants that happy medium of getting cut and putting on mass at the same time its either one or the other.

The thing i dont understand is i really dont take in that many calories or fat in a day and i am very active I have always been active and yet i still have a soft belly i dont understand it. It doesnt make sense to me and im beginning to get fustrated cause i dont know what to do.
    There you go, taking in too few calories slows down metabolism. How much fat do you take in, it should be at least 20% of your caloric intake. And I don't mean mayo and butter and crap like that, I mean olive oil, fish oil, peanuts, natural PB, etc.

I would figure anywhere from 20-40 percent bread, milk,protein shakes, and oatmeal all have a little bit of fat in it that adds up. Dinner i sometimes have pasta and im not really sure how much fat is in all of that. But the fat i do take in isnt from junk its usually from meals.

I guess when i lost a lot of weight 2 years ago i went on a strict diet and lower my calorie intake significantly and got used to eating a good diet sometimes i cheat but who doesnt, but i have basically kept that diet thinkin ill gain fat if i eat more. Its in the back of my head all the time if i eat too much even real food like chicken and pasta or eating too much bread all of it will turn to fat when in reality it probably wont.

Thread Information