AnabolicKarma is offline Junior Member

***Water Myths and Misconceptions***

Hello guys,

Ok..theres alot of misconceptions about water consumption timing throughout the day...From someone thats done a thesis on the nutrtional value of water..Here we go...

1) Always drink water 30 minutes before or after a meal (never drink water with a meal) To maximize the usefulness of your natural enzymes in your stomach cause no supplement will ever mimic to the best degree what ur body always produces no matter how natural it is.

2) if ur body has alot more natural enzyme production, its much less easier on your kidneys with higher protein consumption diets.

3) Teas, shakes, etc, and stuff made with water, does not count toward your daily water intake...once in a different form your body doesnt treat it like pure water.

4) Never drink distilled water, the best transport for water for minerals in the body is water/blood, and tissue oxygenation..etc...needs minerals...And i find that the oxygenated waters like 02..etc..are a bunch of marketing myths anyhow...

5) Use ph strips to test your urines ph level which is a better indicator that u need to alakanize via vegetables and greens like chlorophyl....And if ur urine is not a darker yellow in color thats a symptom that ur body is consuming way too much water

6) Urine frequency has not only alot to do with bladder control, but also diabetes and blood sugar levels...Always make sure blood tests are apart of every routine physical..because your the customer..and ur doc will rarely order them...but do it anyhow!

Tell me what u think..Peace!!

Crew is offline New Member

Re: ***Water Myths and Misconceptions***

Originally posted by AnabolicKarma
    Hello guys,

....And if ur urine is not a darker yellow in color thats a symptom that ur body is consuming way too much water

Tell me what u think..Peace!!
    i disagree with this part. i thought your urine is supposed to be clear almost translucent. i don't think your urine is supposed to be darker yellow. I also heard that it's impossible to consume TOO much water.

painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member

Re: Re: ***Water Myths and Misconceptions***

Originally posted by Crew
    i disagree with this part. i thought your urine is supposed to be clear almost translucent. i don't think your urine is supposed to be darker yellow. I also heard that it's impossible to consume TOO much water.
    I think if you drink over 6 gallons in a day it throws your PH balance off and you feel like you are drunk..

Pain

Lostsoul is offline Associate Member

Re: Re: Re: ***Water Myths and Misconceptions***

not to mention you'll be shitting water for a week, i've done this (it was a REALLY hot day 48 degrees C), and i drunk about 5-6 gallons and i was sick for ages.
    Last edited by Lostsoul; 01-19-2003 at 08:04 AM.

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    Hyperhydration is a very real illness. It can even be fatal.

FedSki is offline Creator of Cycle Planner
    Ok here's some more tips.

If you're thirsty the chances are you're dehydrated. Hyperhydration is very dangerous as it can thin the blood so don't over do it.

Your urine will be very dark yellow in the morning but should lighten once you start hydrating your body. Your urine should not be dark yellow throughout the day - if it is the chances are you're not drinking enough water.

Cold water is released from the stomach (into the small intestine) quicker than warm water so carb drinks (refuelling) should be made with cold water.

Drinking a little water (a glass) during a meal wont affect breakdown and absorbtion of food too much. However the best advice is to drink before or after a meal as suggested. I have read drinking orange juice during a meal is a good idea as the acid helps break down protein.

Try to drink between 1 and 2 litres of water per day and as stated that doesn't include tea, coffee, mixes, etc.
    Last edited by FedSki; 01-20-2003 at 09:10 AM.

Thread Information