Somnius is offline Junior Member

Food vs Supplements, Which one Wins?

This is basically the question I've been trying to get answered for a long time. I hear different answers all the time... Lets say that u have a meal with a certain amount of each nutrient. And a bar with the same. Do they influence ur body in the same manner? There has to be slight variations in how ur body is affected by each. Maybe it depends on what time of the day, or how many times uve already eaten. Very confusing. Can neone shed some light on the matter for me pls?
    Thank you

harl is offline Associate Member
    I would say supplements. Creatine for instance you would have to eat 2 lbs of steak to get 5grams of creatine.

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    There's alot of factors involved, and like harl pointed out there are situations when a supplement is much better. However i would say that for the most part food is better. Supplements are just that, they supplement your diet, u don't depend on them. I would say for your example, that mother nature has a peculiar in which it determines why things are that they are and done this for a long time. Its hard to synthetically just "make" food. However, with the case of the bar and the food, i would say its best to eat both. If u do some readin about protein u'll find that there are different proteins are digested at different rates.

zzo18 is offline Associate Member
    Well said saboudian.

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Originally posted by saboudian
    There's alot of factors involved, and like harl pointed out there are situations when a supplement is much better. However i would say that for the most part food is better. Supplements are just that, they supplement your diet, u don't depend on them. I would say for your example, that mother nature has a peculiar in which it determines why things are that they are and done this for a long time. Its hard to synthetically just "make" food. However, with the case of the bar and the food, i would say its best to eat both. If u do some readin about <a href="http://www.allsportsnutrition.com/listproducts.php?style=category&value=PROTEIN" target="_blank">protein</a> u'll find that there are different <a href="http://www.allsportsnutrition.com/listproducts.php?style=category&value=PROTEIN" target="_blank">protein</a>s are digested at different rates.
    I think that sums it up just nicely.

Thread Information