Thread: Mayo and Cheese

Wrath1664 is offline New Member

Thumbs down Mayo and Cheese

I was wondering if anyone out there could help me. I am committing to loose weight and look good for the summer. IM 6`1 290 lbs and my goal is to be 230 lbs. I have weird hours for work and here’s what my diet consists of.

(9:30AM) Breakfast: 1 cup of plain Oatmeal with 2 scoops of Why Protein w/water.

(11:00AM) Go to the gym and hit the weights and Cardio (50min) very hard six times a week.

(1:30PM) Lunch: Two slices of light whole wheat with 4 slices of roast beef or turkey and 1 slice of SWISS CHEESE or one can of tuna in spring water with 1 TABLE SPOON OF REGULAR MAYO and 16oz of skim milk.

(4:00PM) Snack: Designer Whey fruit Protein Drink

(6:00PM) Dinner: Salad w/light oil & vinegar dressing, 4 chickens thighs w/out the skin and trim the fat off and put Shake and Bake on it and Bake it.

(8:00PM) Snack: Whey Protein shake w/water

(11:00PM) Snack: One slice of light whole wheat w/ 1 tablespoon of light peanut butter and 1 cup of Skim milk.

It’s easy to bring protein drinks to work with my schedule. For dinner I will substitute Fish and Boneless chicken breast. I also drink about 1 gallon of water a day/

Let me know if IM on the Wright path for success.

Thanks,

Wrath
    Last edited by Wrath1664; 01-23-2003 at 05:37 PM.

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    Bro, if you are committed to losing weight there are several suggestions I will make immediately:

1) Substitute mustard for mayo. 1 tablespoon of mayonaise has 11g of saturated fat = 100 calories fron fat!!!

2) Lose the cheese. 1 x .75oz slice of swiss cheese has 6g of fat (54 calories from fat) and 90 calories total!

3) No more sliced (deli) meats. They are highly refined, utilize fillers and additives and are usually very high in sodium.

4) No breads at all! For complex carbs use sweet potatos, oats or brown rice. Stay away from refined carbs such as whire rice, pasta, breads (bagels). Also, no carbs after 4pm except for veggies (salads, steamed veggies)

5) No more chicken thighs OR shake and bake! 6.6oz of chicken thighs (approx 2 pieces) has 18g fat = 162 cals from fat....1 x 6.5oz chicken beast has 4.5g fat = 36 cals from fat. Shake 'n bake is also high in sodium and additives, if you want to add flavor and crunch to chicken try mixing a scoop of oats with garlic powder, roll you chicken breast in the mixture and bake.

6) You need more protein in your diet. In order to maintain LBM you should be getting at least 1g of protein per pound of LBM. So if your BF% is 30%, your LBM is approxomately 200lbs....therefore you need AT LEAST 200g per day....I would recommend 250-300g/day. Get your protein from lean cuts of beef (try to limit this source), boneless skinless chicken breast (and turkey breast), tuna, egg whites (with a few yolks...good fat) and all types of white fish fillets (haddock, cod, sole, flounder, etc...)

7) Fats should only come in the form of EFA's (essential fatty acids). Flax seed oil, virgin olive oil, natural peanut butter (moderate use), unsalted nuts (moderate use), egg yolks (moderate use) and fatty fish such as salmon.

8) If you are training in the morning, perform cardio AFTER weights and be sure to ingest a drink that is high in protein (whey) and has added simple carbs (such as dextrose or maltodextrin). These should be the only simple carbs in your daily eating regime.

Good luck bro!

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame

if.......

u ditch the bread and refined crap, there is nothing wrong with the tuna and real mayo...........I get to 3% bodyfat eating that shit, and cheese........just include some good fats like flax/olive/natural p.b/udo's/avacado, etc at other times, and you're all set!

Don't be scared of fat.......u need fat to let fat go, otherwise you're setting yourself up to lose some muscle there! Your body has no reason to hang on to something it gets enough of. Just watch those carbs with the meals containing fat.

~SC~

Wrath1664 is offline New Member
    Thanks guys, I appreciate the response!!

Big_Dan is offline Associate Member
    Hm yeah you really shouldnt be eating before your cardio. Trust me, i went down that road and you lose zilch - nada.
    Eat AFTER your cardio and at least for me, low carbs is what works.
    In my many diets, carbs in the mornings with no carbs in the evening is what works best. High protein and good fats too.

Big_Dan is offline Associate Member
    Also, be sure to separate good fats from carbs.
    EG
    Whey with 1tbsp pb
    instead of
    brown rice chicken and olive oil

It has to do with insulin and fat storage, andplus, when you cut out carbs from the rest of the day, and you are left with plain protein, youre gonna want to stackit with fat. So thats why.
    There you go man thats my .02c

Thread Information