solidj55 is offline Member

Can someone outline what the BFL diet looks like?

I never read the book just wondering what the diet looks like.

kc
    kc is offline Female Member
    BFL Diet...no problem

6 meals a day consisting of 6 portions of protein, 6 portions of carbs and 3 portions of veggies

the book outlines a list of "authorized" foods that you should use and explains that a portion is the size of your fist (carb and veggie) and the size of the palm of your hand and a deck of cards thick (protein)

basically; you eat every 2-3 hours, drink lots of water and spend about 45 minutes 6 days a week in the gym (+ time for stretching)

this explain it enough?

casey

Thanks darlin, that explains it well enough. I thought that was about right from what Ive heard.

kc
    you thinkin of doin it or somethin?

I thought I might give the diet a whirl. I wont do the workout but the diet yes. I have my own workout that is very effective(for me)

kc
    cool, one thing i found was that it doesn't work for adding mass. I had to add 3-4 more portions of protein &/or carbs a day for that. I'm back on it now..tho i eat about 1.5 portions of protein each meal..my hands are little, my lbm isn't so little

yellows2k is offline Member
    Originally posted by mnkc
    cool, one thing i found was that it doesn't work for adding mass. I had to add 3-4 more portions of <a href="http://www.allsportsnutrition.com/listproducts.php?style=category&value=PROTEIN" target="_blank">protein</a> &/or carbs a day for that. I'm back on it now..tho i eat about 1.5 portions of <a href="http://www.allsportsnutrition.com/listproducts.php?style=category&value=PROTEIN" target="_blank">protein</a> each meal..my hands are little, my lbm isn't so little
    It doesn't add mass cuz it has you eating too few calories.

kc
    yep..thus the need to add 3-4 portions of food

even now, while i'm trying to lean out...i need more calories. If i stuck to the portion size, i'd only eat about 1200 calories a day..that's way too few

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame

beware......

that diet sucks!

No better way to lose fat and MUSCLE too at the same time.

Anytime you merely reduce overall calories and each macronutrient equally, you are looking at making yourself a smaller, fatter person. Your bodyfat %age stays the same, you just weigh less from losing muscle and fat.

Not something I'd like to do, no thanks!

~SC~

kc
    ok, i believe you know your *$&% but...

this diet can't be all that bad...i mean..ok, i added protein and cut carbs but..generally...i get 1700-2000 calories a day with a 50-30-20 ratio..somebody starts tellin me that's bad for losin fat and keepin muscle..i'm gonna hurt ya so..gimme the short version...what's wrong with this?

Re: beware......

Originally posted by SwoleCat
    that diet sucks!

No better way to lose fat and MUSCLE too at the same time.

Anytime you merely reduce overall calories and each macronutrient equally, you are looking at making yourself a smaller, fatter person. Your bodyfat %age stays the same, you just weigh less from losing muscle and fat.

Not something I'd like to do, no thanks!

~SC~
    So SC what would you recomend? I am all natural by the way. I am about 12-13%BF and I want to get around 8% or so.

well.......

the diet fails at not lowering carbs enough and upping fats and healthy fats, the key to fat loss. Fats are also anabolic in a sense, encourage testosterone production, and help let stored bodyfat go. Carbs do none of that, excess is stored as fat, and the sugar in the blood from carbs will keep you out of fat burning mode using fat for energy.

There is a TON more to it than that, but that's a rough idea of one of the myriad of faults. For the average joe who just wants to be a smaller person and will be happy that they just "weigh less" with no regard to body composition, then it surely fits the bill. Anyone in my profession or career interest knows better.

We all have our own take on issues, this is mine and those who who work with me.

~SC~

Well I have no aspirations of bodybuilding anymore, if I were completely injury free I would be back to what I love, Powerlifting!!! But since that is a thing of the past I just want to lose fat and get down to a bodytype similar to what is found on the cover and in the pages of Mens Health. Yea they arent really big but they are lean and muscular and have a very nice appearance. Any ideas SC?

yeah......

get about 1.5 grams of pro per lb. of LEAN mass, add some healthy fats at about 3 of those meals, keep fats and carbs seperate, and make sure to use that window of opportunity after training to the fullest extent. That is key to half of your desired body composition change, the other half would be cardio and fat loss.

Those are guidelines, you'll have to do the number crunching and specifics. Alternatively, you can contact me @ [email protected]

Regards!
    ~SC~

Southern Cross is offline Associate Member
    Originally posted by solidj55
    Well I have no aspirations of bodybuilding anymore, if I were completely injury free I would be back to what I love, Powerlifting!!! But since that is a thing of the past I just want to lose fat and get down to a bodytype similar to what is found on the cover and in the pages of Mens Health. Yea they arent really big but they are lean and muscular and have a very nice appearance. Any ideas SC?
    To look like one of those cats on a men's health mag would be sweet! Life is to short to be fucking around anymore. I'm a total piece of shit an I'm trying to do something about it. Good luck bro!

Originally posted by Southern Cross

To look like one of those cats on a men's health mag would be sweet! Life is to short to be fucking around anymore. I'm a total piece of shit an I'm trying to do something about it. Good luck bro!
    Good luck to you to dude.

Oh and thanks Swole.

Thread Information