RyDawg88 is offline Junior Member

protien bars or shakes

Ok, im thinking of starting the keto diet. i have one all made up, the problem is i go to school from 7 to 1, than usually work at 3 right after to about 9. I can probably get the 6 eggs before school, and some chicken breast after school and before work. But what about my other 4 meals? Could i take a Nitro Tech protien bar instead while at school and work? That would prolly be 3 protien bars a day?

Buddha_Red is offline Senior Member
    you will have to look at the breakdown of the bars and make sure that there are no hidden carbs in them as with atkins bars.

If the bars are low enough, i dont see why a couple would hurt ya. Just try to get in as much real food as you can.

Oh and never forget the huge amounts of water, gotta have that no matter what diet or cycle.

painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member
    Originally posted by Buddha_Red
    you will have to look at the breakdown of the bars and make sure that there are no hidden carbs in them as with atkins bars.

If the bars are low enough, i dont see why a couple would hurt ya. Just try to get in as much real food as you can.

Oh and never forget the huge amounts of water, gotta have that no matter what diet or cycle.
    Good point, a lot of bars have glycerol (not sure of spelling) it helps make them softer and easier to chew. The FDA doesn't count them as carbs so they show up now where except in the calorie count. They have 4 cals each g. Add up all the cals from fat, protein and carbs and see if it equals the total cals for the bar.

Pain

Big_Dan is offline Associate Member
    Thats gonna be real expensive, three bars a day. Id buy a 5lbs jug of protein from optimum nutrition, mix it with oats in a shakr and take it to school and work. THAT you can have three times a day, and you dont get nasty pigs feet cattle skin etc hidden as glycerol or other names.
    Some carbs dont have that as 100% pure protein, but that one has carbs. So shakes are the way to go if youre looking for cost health and benefit.
    Good luck, and get real food as well.

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    I do not think that Protein bar would be a good idea, all low carb protein bars have glycerol in them and when there is low sugar in the blood like on a KETO diet, the body has a tendency to convert glycerol into sugar which will prohibit you from going into ketosis which in turn will defeat the purpose of doing KETO diet, take some whole eggs with you to school and steak to work, or even chicken or hamburger patties, f*ck but a big mac and through away the bun and you are set, remember on KETO diet fat is your friend so you can eat quite a bit of it, good luck...XXL

HiFi is offline Associate Member
    haha you dont want a big mac, theres hardly any lean meat in that, and its mostly fillers, and have you ever seen how much salt they put on those hamburgers when they make them

Deadend is offline Associate Member
    I face the school and work isssue as well bro, it's tough. Each night I take a couple of cans of tuna, safflower mayonaise, and pickle relish and mix up some tuna salads. In the morning I put em in small plastic containers and then in a small cooler. It can be a pain in the ass but it's the best thing I've come up with so far. Good luck.

Thread Information