Wrath1664 is offline New Member

How much fat????

How much fat and what kind of fat should I consume to loose weight and keep muscle???
    IM 285 pounds and my goal weight is 230. I hit the weights very hard and after I do cardio for 50min.

painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member
    How much fat to consume depends on your bodies preference for energy sources, does it like carbs or fat better. If it likes fat better I would cut down on the carbs and get around 120g of fat a day. If your body likes carbs better I would up your carbs and get about 90g of fat a day. (This is also dependent upon your metabolism, I am assuming you have a "normal" metabolism, adjust those numbers to meet your metabolism) As for sources get about 2tbps per day from flax and borage oil (26g right there) Then see where your diet, of hopefully lean meats and diary products puts you at. If you are under those number (which you should be if your diet is lean) add peanuts, pb, or any other type of nut till you reach your desired number or g of fat. Hope this helps.

Pain

yellows2k is offline Member
    Fat does NOT mean from mayo, or any othet type of fat which basically serves no benefit. You need EFAs.

painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member
    Originally posted by yellows2k
    Fat does NOT mean from mayo, or any othet type of fat which basically serves no benefit. You need EFAs.
    Yup, that is why I put in 2tbsp of EFA oils and then little from diet and the rest from nuts.

Pain

Thread Information