Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Decoder is offline Banned
    His entire diet sucks. Unless your lossing 1+ pounds effectively a week from it scratch it and re-write a new one. I already offered to make you a killer diet. ITS MY JOB I DO IT ALL DAY AT WORK.

yellows2k is offline Member
    Originally posted by Decoder
    His entire diet sucks. Unless your lossing 1+ pounds effectively a week from it scratch it and re-write a new one. I already offered to make you a killer diet. ITS MY JOB I DO IT ALL DAY AT WORK.
    VERY, VERY much agreed.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame

I have........

given every suggestion under the sun, and remember yes I do programs professionally, so my time is limited.........and I told him I could do a customized diet if he needed one, but then again u know everyone wants a free ride.............

BUT.........I stayed here to help, over and over and over, so I'll let ya'll say what he came up with as a conclusion sucks, as I'm very tired of saying that!

LOL.................and no more suggestions from me as I covered it all 4 times over...........

Someday, somehow, he'll solve this problem. There was certainly no shortness of help here.

Now, time for me to get ripped!

Guys, how do I go about cutting? Is white bread okay to have before bed, or before doing cardio?????? LMFAO......

~SC~

Re: I have........

Originally posted by SwoleCat
    given every suggestion under the sun, and remember yes I do programs professionally, so my time is limited.........and I told him I could do a customized diet if he needed one, but then again u know everyone wants a free ride.............

BUT.........I stayed here to help, over and over and over, so I'll let ya'll say what he came up with as a conclusion sucks, as I'm very tired of saying that!

LOL.................and no more suggestions from me as I covered it all 4 times over...........

Someday, somehow, he'll solve this problem. There was certainly no shortness of help here.

Now, time for me to get ripped!

Guys, how do I go about cutting? Is white bread okay to have before bed, or before doing cardio?????? LMFAO......

~SC~
    If it's any consellation, he seemed to take your advice more than others.

H BOMB is offline Senior Member
    damn bro sucks for you swolecat was the best thing you had going for ya. looks like you better get a part time job and hit swole up with a donation cause this man knows his shit ( look at him) and if he tells you that your diet sucks than it sucks. good luck on your quest

SAME HERE SWOLE CAT. I THROW THIS KID ADIVICE THAT MY CLIENTS ARE PAYING 55 AN HOUR FOR FOR FREE. YET HE ARGUES.

I'm done too.

The problem with your diet Dan, Is way you are dealing with these umm road bumps? you find a problem so you find something to replace it with example, supplement or some food that is high in protien, instead of looking at the over all picture wich is LOW CAL's. You daily values are nowhere close to 65% carbs 30%protien 15%lipids/fats whatever you want to call them. That would be VERY EFFECTIVE FOR YOU. Is your diet based off of info you gathered off AR? or did you read dieting books and went solo making one from what you read? When I'm making an EFFECTIVE diet for my clients, it includes 5-6 meals, each one is around 300-400 cal's It's also based off their current BF/LBM (LEAN BODY MASS) Your diet is just some generic fade you picked up somewhere. Continue with your cardio 45 mins and do more resistence training like swole said, that will speed up the weight loss process, high reps, 1 minute rest between sets to keep a high heart rate to increase metabolism
    Last edited by Decoder; 02-03-2003 at 05:18 AM.

Here is a sample of diet of mine. Mind you, I am cutting, and I am 5'8 155lbs. 155lbs!! And I get 2200 calories for cutting. You look close to 190-200 lbs.

9AM
    -1/2 cup of oatmeal
    -protein shake

11am
    -natural pb 1tbsp
    -can of tuna
    -serving of carrots
    -1/2 cup of oatmeal or brown rice

2pm post workout
    -cup of grape juice if i dont have dextrose, otherwise 50g of dextrose
    -protein shake

3pm
    -chicken breast
    -serving of celery
    -protein shake

6pm
    -1/2cup of oatmeal or brown rice
    -1 tbsp of natural pb
    -can of tuna
    -serving of carrots or celery

8pm
    -chicken breast
    -1tbsp of natural pb
    -serving of carrots or celery

10pm
    -protein shake or can of tuna

12-1am
    -Night time protein shake

Total: ~2200 calories
    ~275g of protein
    ~40-50g of fat
    ~160g of carbs

ON this diet, I do 2 days of 16g of carbs then 1 day of 80g of carbs and I cycle that. If my diet is lacking anything, anyone is more than welcome to critique.

Decoder........

Agreed! LOL......

yellows.......looks good.......only question I have is the fetish with the carrots? It's a very high glycemic food, and really is nothing but another form of sugar. It's your choice to include it I'm not saying take it out, but I can think of many other better choices. Just curious as to the carrot thing........Bugs Bunny fan?

~SC~

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    "Nyaaaaaa......what's up doc?"

Brocoli or spinach man myself........yes I grew up watching Popeye!!!

Since everyone is posting their diets....
    6am
    8 eggs 3yolks
    1.5 cup oatmeal
    2 whole wheat toast w/ peanutbutter

9am
    2 chicken breasts
    1.5-2 cups rice
    3/4 cup mixed veggies

noon
    turkey breast sandwhich mustard only
    1 can tuna (YUCK!!!)
    1 apple or grapes

3pm
    2 chicken breast
    1.5-2 cups rice
    3/4 cup mixed veggies

6pm
    pork chops (daughter loves 'em so....) or steak/fish/lean ground chuck
    1 cup veggie
    1-2 baked potatoes

8pm
    protein shake w/1 cup oats
    9:30pm
    protein shake w/dextrose

10:30pm
    2 cans tuna or 10 egg white omlete(spelling)
    baked potatoe
    green veggie (spinach, brocoli, green beans)

11:30pm
    protein shake

I know about eating carbs so late, but I don't get to the gym usually until 8 or 9pm and nned to eat a good meal within an hour or two of my workouts right?

hardasnails1973 is offline New Member
    Swolecat sounds like your reasoning is very similar to massive eating by john berardi. Your diets probably center around utilizing insulin levels to the maxium potential by taking advantage of the 2 times of day that it can be used to our advantages (breakfast and post workout for 2-3 hours post ) and having stable insulin levels rest of the day by having protein/fats/fiber. Do you believe in spiking insulin before work out (protein/ carbs) could slow down fat process or does it make it more advantages to gain lean body mass. More I ready your post more i respect your logic and knowledge of dieting. John was my old training partner a few years ago and from him I learned alot about intesity. And all I can say Swolecat is one person's comment I highly respect. Just so you don;t think I'm just another meat head. I have a 4 year degree in kinesiology and nutrition but what we learned in school applies little to real world results..its just helps me better to under stand exactly what is going on at the biological level...Keep us good work SwoleCat and some times you just run into stubburn people not understanding your responses LOL

thanks......

for your kind words and support, it feels good to have an appreciative person speak out. Thank you.

Spikin slin before a weight training session is not something I personally endorse, but it's not "wrong", but just doesn't really add any benefits. U can actually make a reg. workout quite intense by taking short breaks between sets, like when u are in your cutting/precontest phase, adding to the fat burning properties. Besides, with the spike to come afterward, we can just as soon wait, as spiking it before working out doesn't allow slin to do it's work with no where for the nutrients to go, i.e. no stimulation has taken place yet.......why hinder more fat u could burn while training is what I'm saying. As well, pre-workout "meals" aimed at giving "energy", don't help as most think by giving "carbs for strength", simply because your workouts should not take that long to require any excess glycogen that would be made available by such meals.

You'd be surprised with CONSISTENCY how much u can really trick the body...........it's almost damn near too easy.

Also, I'm not too much on spiking slin in the a.m., no, but I am into all of the postworkout opportunities however. As long as a positive nitrogen balance is achieved over-night and into the next day, u need not spike slin in the a.m. I've tried that, and the end results don't differ at all, suggesting that slin spikes a.m. are not needed to remain anti-catabolic. U must simply give your body enough other macros to work with at this time.

~SC~
    Last edited by SwoleCat; 02-03-2003 at 11:24 AM.

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    swole i was thinking, would it be ok if i used the oats at night?? just a half cup to up my calories??

p.s. I am trying to cut and get into a comp. here soon

p.s.#2 I would like for you to give me a diet and i am not paying for one!! period.

p.s. #3 That sandy beach front property in oklahoma is bull shit, I want my money back!!!!
    abstrack@protonmail.com

Re: Decoder........

Originally posted by SwoleCat
    Agreed! LOL......

yellows.......looks good.......only question I have is the fetish with the carrots? It's a very high glycemic food, and really is nothing but another form of sugar. It's your choice to include it I'm not saying take it out, but I can think of many other better choices. Just curious as to the carrot thing........Bugs Bunny fan?

~SC~
    LOL, I didn't know it was high GI. I also like celery, is that better? if not, I will just use broccoli or lettuce.

LMFAO........

abs is fuckin' hilarious...............PS#3 is laughs.........

Yellow, yeah, brocolli sounds like a good choice, lettuce is actually just a lot of water and, well, nothing.......

~SC~

Swolecat so basically in a nut shell you want to have stable blood sugar through out the day and then spike insulin post workout whey/dextrose and replenish the glycogen levels for several hours later with low GI index food and minimal fat, fiber. All varibles would stay the same except if you are bulking you increase the amount of dextrose post workout as well as the carbs in the following meals and then level off insulin levels before going to bed. This is easier said then done and this is where your calucations and expertise come into play...A normal person doesn't know how meticulous and percise the calculations must be and have no idea what other variables (drugs, amr, somato type, ect) can really alter these. Normal guidlines I have heard are 11-13 per lb of LEAN body mass for cutting, 14-16 for maintence and bulking 17-20. but people only use there body weight not lean body mass and this is the major mistake and then usually end up over eating and never getting results..Keep up good work

so a typical cutting would look like this for a 220 at 10% bf
    meal 1
    50-60 grams protein low fat
    1/2 dry cup oatmeal (bulking - 1 cup oatbran dry )
    5 strawlberries
    1 teaspoon flax
    500 mgs ALA
    1000 ginger root
    meal 2-4
    50 -60 grams protein
    15-20 grams fat (majority from EFAS)
    fiberous greens (spinach , broccolli, ect

before workout 1/2 hour before
    25 grams whey protein isolate
    10 grams glutemine
    5 grams bcaas

here comes magic
    postworkout
    30 grams dextrose bulking ( 100 grams dextrose)
    50 grams whey isolate
    10 grams glutemine
    5 grams bcaas
    500 mgs ALA builking( 1000 mgs ALA) or 6-8 ius humalog

hour later

next meal, before bed
    50-60 grams protein
    15-20 grams fat (mostly efas (bulking low to no fat)
    fiberous carbs (bulking 80 -100 grams low glycemic carbs,500 mgs ALA)
    1000 mgs gingeroot

bulking may be want to taper carbs before bed time to protein.fats.fiber just remember it take 3-4 hours to humalog to clear from fats if you use it ..

Hope this helps

FKITLETSGO is offline Senior Member

My Little Project Diet

5:45- 1 thermadrene and 1 glass of water

6:00-6:45- 45 minutes of cardio (walking)

7:45- meal number one 9 whole eggs with onions and bell peppers

10:45- meal number two 2 frozen chicken breasts grilled with brocolli

1:45- protein drink (40 grams whey)

3:30- train from 3:30 - 4: 45 including abs or obliques whichever

4:45- Postworkout meal 40 grams whey protein with 35 grams dextrose/maltodextrin mix with 10 grams of creating

5:45- exactly one hour after postworkout meal 20 grams more of whey protein to keep body from going into catabolic state after all nutrients and amino acids were used from postworkout meal

6:45- steak/ground beef hamburger/chicken/tuna/tilapia or whatever other protein source I choose for the night

9:45- protein shake with efa's or 7 whole eggs..

Alrigth boys tell me what you think I may also want to add cardio session for 30 minutes after my 6:45 meal...... any replies appreciated

Mr. Trenton is offline Associate Member
    In my opinion man and what i'm saying is not goin against swolecats replies or thoughts on your diet cause god know he has 10x more knowledge than me on dieting but i've dieted for shows before and i ate more food than you are eating and i got pretty ripped not below 8% bf, but thats only cause i fucked up on the diet too close to the show, but that has all changed. Anyway to get back to your diet, what you're eating for breakfast is nothing, 4 eggs altogether and 1 cup of oatmeal. If i were you i'd eat atleast 6-10 egg whites, fuck the yolks, 1 c of oats made with water but if you insist on using milk, make it skim and artificial sweetner is fine. and besides that i think you are consuming too much sugar, you don't need that much sugar when cutting. I wouldn't drink a gatorade or powerade, theres alot of sugar in both, and like swole and tigress said drop the fucking miracle whip, it tastes like shit(it tastes like desert condoment) i rather eat regular mayonaise anyday even though it has a high fat content then eat that shit. personally i don't think your eating enough veggies and instead of eating a fist sized portion of <a href="http://www.allsportsnutrition.com/listproducts.php?style=category&value=PROTEIN" target="_blank"><a href="http://www.allsportsnutrition.com/listproducts.php?style=category&value=PROTEIN" target="_blank">protein</a></a>, why don't you eat like atleast 8 oz. of <a href="http://www.allsportsnutrition.com/listproducts.php?style=category&value=PROTEIN" target="_blank"><a href="http://www.allsportsnutrition.com/listproducts.php?style=category&value=PROTEIN" target="_blank">protein</a></a>, like it would be equal to two chicken breasts for example. also i think you should throw in a cup or two of brocolli, asparagus or green beans into with your dinner along with like 1 cup of brown rice. theres more i can say and change on your diet but i gotta go so what i just said might not be much but i think you should get some idea of how to fix your diet and i know others here may different opinions on the changes i suggested but everyone is entitiled to there own opinion, so good luck.
    Last edited by Mr. Trenton; 02-12-2003 at 08:44 AM.

BigGunzOZ is offline Junior Member
    go to www.ast-ss.com and read a study based on research about post workout carbs.

pumpseeker is offline Senior Member
    I know about dieting, dont get me wrong. I know much more than ive shown. Thats how i grew that much . (http://body_insp.tripod.com) Thanks!!

My mom does the shopping for us, so how much can she expect this to go for?
    Big Dan
    Peace out [/B][/QUOTE]

This guy is just too funny!

Big_Dan is offline Associate Member
    Why is it not ok to get a whole powerade bottle?
    How much do you recommend?>
    I did my search and found 1g per kilo of bodyweight. Now thats around 90g for me, and im taking 70g.
    So what do you say?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information