Doc40 is offline Associate Member

Target Heart Rate for Fat Burning

Today on the treadmill, i tried walking for the first time instead of riding a bike. I noticed that for a person around age 20, your target heart rate for fat burning is about 110 bpm. If i am trying to cut down, should i follow this type of cardio? I am used to doing 40 minutes on a bike at a much faster rate. It doesnt seem like i am really doing anything and i am aware how your body uses energy, fat burning occurs at low intensity while carb and muscle burning occurs at high intensity, anybody with any info? Thanks, Doc.

Big_Tri's is offline New Member
    Hey Bro'
    You shall take your HR while you're resting... doing nothing... get your average, than just multiply this number for 1.6 (that means that you must keep your cardio acitivities at 60% higher rate than your normal HR)... pretty simple... i.e. if you hadHR=80 normal, for your own FAT BURNING area, you need to exercise with your HR=128 (80x1.6)... that shall work...

Decoder is offline Banned
    I am 21 my THR rate is 145. High intensity 160. It' doesnt seem like your doing anything because you are not doing anything, That stimulates fat burning. Your THR is way off. Re-check it.

painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member
    110 is the very lowest you can go for any fat burning effects (55% - 60%). I would suggest a range around were Decoder said.

Pain

Doc40 is offline Associate Member
    Thanks guys, Doc.

Thread Information