xplicit is offline Member

How much cardio should i do if i want to bulk up?

im 5 10 171 bf? I want to put on 10 pounds in the next 2 months.
    Should i even do cardio? If yes how much and how long a week? Should i still do it in the morning too?

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    If you're a hard gainer I'd say stay away from cardio. Now if you're like me and you fain 10 lbs just from looking at food I'd go with 3 times a week in the am for 30min at a 60-70% rate. I go about 4 times a week and have menanged to gain weight and decrease bf%.

durbin22 is offline Member
    Don't do any while bulking up. Why burn calories when you need all that you can get.

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Well that's what I meant, but personally, when bulking my bf% has a tendency to get a little out of hand, so I do some cardio just to keep it in check. I only recomend this to people that have a slow metabolism as myself.

yellows2k is offline Member
    I think cardio once or twice a week, maybe running a mile or 2 is good, not for the body fat aspect of it but just to keep your heart in shape.
    As far as cardio during bulking regarding body fat, first and foremost I think a clean bulk is the way to go for the diet, and cardio depends on EACH INDIVIDUAL. You have to find the happy medium instead of being "babied" through every little last step.

Thread Information