xenithon is offline Member

Which carbs PWO??

Hi there,

I am at a phase where I am neither cutting down nor bulking up hecticly - ie. a maintenance phase trying to maintain lean mass, and put on only muscle - even if very slowly - rather than put on any fat. I am thus limiting carbs (working well for me) such that the major carbs I get are oats in the morning, around 40g carbs; and then postworkout I used to have whey with dextrose, and post PWO meal would be lean protein + oats or rice. The rest of the day is fibrous veges. I started a while ago changing that so I get oats in the morning, and after my workout I would have whey with oats and dextrose together - this keeps me full, gives me a mixture of high and low GI carbs, and prevents me starving till the next meal which I then have about 2-3 hours later. I was wondering if that is okay, or if it is better to have ONLY dextrose PWO and then the meal 1 hour after without oats, only veges. The reasoning is because when I had dextrose and oats an hour later, I could not lean out, whereas having oats with the dextrose all in one shot aided me in leaning out.

Pretty much the question is: after a workout, along with quick acting whey for protein, is it better to :
    1. have only simple sugars, such as dex/malt., and have a meal an hour later with lean protein and fibrous veges
    2. have simple and complex carbs, such as oats with dex/malt. and then a meal with protein and fibrous veges about 3 hours afterwards.

the main thing I want to maintain is having serious amounts of carbs only in the morning and PWO, not post PWO.

yellows2k is offline Member
    You use simple sugars PW regardless of cutting, bulking, maintaing, super cutting, super bulking, on gear or not on gear, been lifting for 10 years or 1 day.

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Originally posted by yellows2k
    You use simple sugars PW regardless of cutting, bulking, maintaing, super cutting, super bulking, on gear or not on gear, been lifting for 10 years or 1 day.

AAaaaaagggrrrreeed! I would use the whey/dextrose pwo and than the meal 1 hour later with oats or rice or potatoes!

xenithon is offline Member
    hi there,

like i said, when i consumed carbs both post and post postworkout i have trouble leaning out, but it worked having carbs only postworkout.

litt;edaddy is offline New Member
    try it both ways everybody responds different sometimes!

Thread Information