fLgAtOr is offline Anabolic Member

Coke and Creatine?

What's up all? Just a quick question....

I have just started back on creatine. For lack of a better means of taking my 5 grams after my workout, I threw it down with a Coke and a bannana followed by a protein shake. I know grape juice or dextrose is usually the way to go, but I didn't have any at the moment. IMO, (and as a hardgainer) simple sugar is simple sugar. Would I have been better off putting it in my shake, and just eating the bannana? Thanks...

Peace

Decoder is offline Banned
    Either or it wouldnt matter. It' still would be absored at the same rate with either method.

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Hell the way soda...especially Coke dissolves evrything.....(school experiment with egg and other with nail)....it probably wasn't the best idea. Just leave the coke out and mix it with your shake and banana.

Hitman is offline Senior Member
    Ive read that coke (with all its caffeine) actually negates the effects of creatine if you dont have any grapefruit juice i just put it on my tongue and knock it back with water. Try to get some juice soon so as most of the creatine can be utilized...........HITMAN

fLgAtOr is offline Anabolic Member
    Awsome... Thanks for the help. I should of known. Coke is pretty much satan in liquid form around here. Plus, it's a diuretic. Diuretic plus creatine. Duh. Appreciate the help everyone...

Peace

Graman is offline New Member
    I'd never use normal or diet coke with creatine post wo or in normaql way intaking. What about something that pulls down the ph of ur stomach? maybe something like citrosodine (it's even effervescent so....save money and u have something like the effervescent kind of creatine).
    let's try and tell me some news

Thread Information