Fragmaster is offline New Member

How much Protein

I'm on my first deca cycle - 31 yrs old - 14st (196lb) - any advice on diet. Not looking for a big bulk just good all over gains. I think i should be taking 2gs per lb but thats a shit load of stuff to eat. Taking two shakes a day approx 45 g protein in each along with my usual meals which are now much more protein focused than before. That leaves about 300 grms more to take on board. Any suggestions? Do I need that much anyway.

Shredz is offline Respected Member
    The minimum you want to go is 1.5g/lb of body weight. Anything more is better and I find personally my body can only take advantage of 60g of protien a meal at one given time.

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Yeah....what Shredz said.....anywhere from 1.5 to 2 grams per lb. is where you want to be.

painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member
    On deca 1.5 - 2 is where you want to be at. I would go closer to 2 but it depends on your body type and metabolism.

Pain

Cheers for the advice, i'm on six meals a day at the moment including two 40g protein shakes. Definately starting to notice a difference.

btrain is offline Junior Member
    also try to space it out throughout the day. Im sure you cant get 400 grams at once but just so you know your body can only digest around 50 grams at a time. If you get much more than that it will just get wasted.

Just be sure you're getting 1.5-2 grams of protein per pound of lean muscle mass and 2-2.5 grams of carbs per pound of lean muscle mass.

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    Originally posted by Shredz
    The minimum you want to go is 1.5g/lb of body weight. Anything more is better and I find personally my body can only take advantage of 60g of protien a meal at one given time.
    Yeah, but how do you actually KNOW that? I mean, I guess my body can handle about 40 grams of protein, so I eat 40 grams or so every 2-3 hours. But I would like to get more in me, but HOW can I tell if my body is able to handle it? I mean it's not like you take your stool sample and pop it in some machine do you...and it tells you how much got wasted?!?

So my question is basicaly how can you know how much your body can handle? I mean, say you eat 30 or 60 ... how can YOU tell the difference?

I would really like to know this plz someone help me out

Well I'm no doctor or have scientific proof that this is true, but some little hints of eating too much protein that your body can't handle,

-increased body fat
    -gas, not the occasional thing, I'm talking every few minutes!!!LOL
    -constipation
    -sore kidneys
    -bloated feeling
    of course all of these could be caused by something else, like not enough water intake or not enough fiber.....

40-60 grams......there's actually a few meals that I eat where the protein's as high as 70-80 grams.

Hmm...I guess I'll try and up my protein intake to a minimum of 50 grams per meal, and see how my body reacts. 50-60g every 3 hours, would be about 300 grams a day.

How on earth do some people get 400-500 a day?!? Do they eat like freaken 100 grams per sitting!!!

yellows2k is offline Member
    I take in about 25-60g of protein a meal.....about 275g of protein a day...
    I am 5'8 155lbs and natural too.

Yeah, on average my meals consist of 60 on up to almost 80 grams per meal. My body seems to handle it quite well. Everyone is different and can handle different things.

Originally posted by BIG TEXAN
    Yeah, on average my meals consist of 60 on up to almost 80 grams per meal. My body seems to handle it quite well. Everyone is different and can handle different things.
    Even 60 itself is quite a bit. I mean sometimes I just don't seem to have the appetite! How on earth do you force it down?

Also, is there other things (supplements) you can take that give you kinda the same effects of EQ's hunger? I want to FEEL hungry so that I can eat. But like I said some days are just awful! I'll wake up in the morning and have ABSOLUTELY NO appetite for breakfast, and sometimes can't eat for an hour or two.

I've found that after 2-3 weeks of forcing myself to eat I'll actually start to get hungry every couple of hours. Believe it or not drink lots of water during the day. it keeps everything moving nicley. Sometimes though you just have to force it down.LOL

I don't think I can face another can of tuna even with mayonaise. People just don't appreciate the dedication needed to bulk up properly six - eight meals a day even if your not feeling hungry! I don't understand all those people in the gyms who complain about lifting weights, the weight training's the fun part!

God I can't stand tuna.....every bite I want to puke!!! Oh well, sacrifice sacrifice! It's funny though, with my wife being pregnant, it's almost like a contest to see who can eat the most! When we go out to eat people just stare in disbelief!!LOL

tolinka is offline Senior Member
    Yeah I hate tuna, when i was a kid loved that shit, now i cant stand it anymore, even the smell of i, but oh well gota do what you gota dp right?

How can you consume 60-80g of proetein per meal? damn it seems like alot to me. What is the meal consists of ?

Terinox- I'm not an expert or anything, but every time I know that I have free time to eat, eventhough i'm not hugry, what i do is grab a bottle of watter with me, and just whatever i eat i just swalow it, if its meat of course ill chew on iut a little and swalow...it helps me.

tolinka- well.....2 full sized chicken breasts, rice veggies. That right there according to weight of chicken breast comes t oabout 72-74 grams of protein. 2 cans of tuna is 64 grams of protein.....so on.

I sometimes eat chicken breasts, but I don't know what you mean by "full sized" I'd say they are about 2 pieces the size of your hand (average). How much protein would you say is in that?

I buy the Hill Country Fare brand and 1 chicken breast is double the size of your hand and anywhere from 3/4-1 1/2 inches thick. I'd guess about in the size of portion you're talking about.....24-30 grams.

FedSki is offline Creator of Cycle Planner
    Originally posted by Fragmaster
    I don't think I can face another can of tuna even with mayonaise. People just don't appreciate the dedication needed to bulk up properly six - eight meals a day even if your not feeling hungry! I don't understand all those people in the gyms who complain about lifting weights, the weight training's the fun part!
    Told yer bro, it's the eating that's the key and the problem. Keep it up, yer doing ok!

Thread Information