Thread: 3000calories

tolinka is offline Senior Member

3000calories

Short question...

How can you simply consume 3000-3500 calories a day with just food no supplemenets?

From plane food I manage to get like 2500-2700 calories....

yellows2k is offline Member
    Eat more food. I mean, it doesn't get any simpler.

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Originally posted by yellows2k
    Eat more food. I mean, it doesn't get any simpler.

Just force feed yourselff.....you get used to it.

Big_Dan is offline Associate Member
    Have fats. A tbsp of olive oil has roughly 120 cals. You can see how that can add up if you add fats into the game, which happen to be essential. Split it into 8 different meals and you should be fine.

KeyMastur is offline VET
    don't forget about your high calorie foods - rice, flour tortillas just to name a couple.

painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member
    I will admite eating 3000+ plus calories of real food is relative tough. The food has to be clean though, I got 7000 cals once but I ate pure shit. (It was an experiment me and my boy did in college) But I would say add a little extra flax and nuts to your diet and you will get there easily.

xplicit is offline Member
    Ok I haev a dumb question about this but Ill use my numbers as an example

I need to take in 3187 calories a day
    3687 to bulk
    2687 to cut

I want to bulk so i would have to eat 3687 after addin the 500 but heres the thing the last year or so i take in maybe 2000 a day so wouldnt i want to to take in 2500 to bulk????? 1600 plus calories is a big jump.

Also off hand 3500 calories on a 40/40/20 split is 1400 calories of carbs
    1400 calories of protein and 700 calories of fat now if i get my 700 calories of fat from eating chocalte or chicken parms and pizza????
    Im sorry but im not quite understanding how this works

I want to do this right i did a cycle last year an wasnt happy wit the reults i dont want to do another one and i dont take any supplements so i want to get a very clear understadning how eating right.

Xplicit-
    Regarding the jump of calories, that is why I keep stressing you add calories slowly when bulking and decrease slowly when cutting. Add 500 calories for a week, then another week add 500 more, then another add 500 more, etc.
    As for your fat question, uhhh when you count fats and go on a bulking diet you don't just eat anything in sight. Big Texan mentioned in another post that you do a clean bulk and the ONLY difference between a bulk and cut is the number of calories you consume and of course the macros accordingly.

What are macros?

Where should i get my fat from, i probably dont take in more then 25 grams of a fat a day can i live like that on this slpit? if say i get 1400 carb 1400 protein and 250-300 fat?

no do the 40/40/20 split. First convert it to grams so its easier. Your fats should come from EFA's. Some examples of this is
    NATURAL peanut butter, flax seed oil, olive oil, generally most types of nuts, fish oil.
    Macros is the scientific name for your split. 40/40/20 is your macros.
    You need:
    369g of carbs
    369g of protein
    82g of fat

Don't eat crap food like pizza. Basically take your cutting diet and add carbs, proteins, and fat accordingly. You need the fat for muscle growth, believe it or not. Now, monitor your body fat also. And if you see yourself getting too fat, switch the macros around or lower your caloric intake by maybe 2-300 calories. YOU have to find what YOUR body needs.

skippys aint natural peanut butter is it lol? Is there any other fats?

i wont have a problem gettin protein and carbs its the fat im worried about.

Nope skippys isnt. I prefer Crazy Richards...The ones I listed are the usual favorites...you need these Essential Fatty Acids(EFAs), hence why it has "essential" in the name....

smuckers has a natural PB. Pretty good too.

Pain

I weight 135lbs....I try to bulk and eat as much as possible. Try to keep my fat lower then 120g...do you think its to much?

Originally posted by tolinka
    I weight 135lbs....I try to bulk and eat as much as possible. Try to keep my fat lower then 120g...do you think its to much?
    At 135 you sound like a hard gainer and if that is the case then I don't think 120g is too much, you need calories to grow. Just make sure most of those 120g are healthy!!!
    Pain

Yea i am a hardgainer i guess...I have fast metabolism and always had problems with weight so i guess i am one...

Thanks for all your comments and tips

ARe you sure u are a hard gainer? How long have u been on a bulking diet?

135 lbs?!?!?! What's you're height and fat %? Eat every 2-3 hours. Now if you are going for 3000 calories, than 6 meals a day would put you at each meal needing 500 calories, which according to how I eat easy as hell. I usually try and get closer to 700+ calories per meal. I always here someone say I'm a hardgainer, I eat and eat and still can't gain weight. Truth is your not eating enough. Here's a break down of how you should eat.....let me see, I'm trying to picture 135 lbs man....(all I'm seeing is middle schoolers!!!) LOL sorry bro...just kidding with ya! Ok here we go
    meal 1
    6 egg whites/3-4 yolks scrammbled
    1 cup oatmeal w/ 2 tblespoons of honey
    peanutbutter sandwhich on wheat
    meal 2
    1 can tuna/ 1- 1.5 cups brown rice
    veggies w/1 tblespoon virgin olive oil
    meal 3
    chicken breast/ baked potatoe
    peanutbutter sandwhich
    meal 4
    1 can tuna/ 3 whole eggs (boiled) mix with 1 tblespoon mayo
    1 glass milk
    meal 5
    chicken breast or lean red meat/ brown rice
    veggies mixed w/ 1 tablespoon virgin olive oil
    meal 6
    protein shake before bed

OK now if you can't gain weight from eating that than you have got to have a freakin tape worm!!!

I have started the diet not that long ago. Couple of weeks only.
    I never said I can't gain any weight. I gained 5lbs in the last two weeks if the scale wher I work isnt messed up.

I eat alot of pasta, rice, veggies, oatmeal, and meat...i just think i need to eat more chicken and eggs, because i almost dont eat any eggs. But i still gain weight never said i didnt.

About that tapeworm maybe i do have one i dunno.....

In every meal you need to have a good portion of protein, eggs are good to use but not too many or you're going to kill everyone with your gas. Chicken is a good cheap source of protein....I live off of it

Please critique my diet

Meal 1:
    1 cup Oatmeal with milk
    Peanutbutter with bagel
    1 cup of milk

Meal 2:
    A turkey/chickem mix sandwich
    banana

Meal 3:
    Rice or pasta
    chiken or beef

snack
    Choclat chip cookies

Meal 4:
    1 tina can with bread
    banana
    (work out)

Meal 5:
    Rice or pasta
    chicken or beef
    Potato salad or broccoli mixed salad

before bed
    Meal 6:
    1 cup Oatmeal with milk
    1 cup milk

Please correct me if something is worng here...and explain me when do i need to take more carbs before workout after workout...etc??????
    Last edited by tolinka; 02-06-2003 at 09:48 PM.

Please critique my diet

Meal 1:
    1 cup Oatmeal with milk
    Peanutbutter with bagel
    1 cup of milk
    I'd add some <a href="http://www.allsportsnutrition.com/listproducts.php?style=category&value=PROTEIN" target="_blank">protein</a> in here, maybe some egg whites or drink a shake with it.

Meal 2:
    banana
    looks good

Meal 3:
    Rice or pasta
    chiken or beef
    Stick with the rice!

snack
    Choclat chip cookies
    I wouldn't...for a snack choose something a little better like pretzels or maybe a protei nbar at least.

Meal 4:
    1 tina can with bread
    banana
    (work out)
    I'd replace the banana with rice or a baked potatoe.
    Also you'll need a postwokout <a href="http://www.allsportsnutrition.com/listproducts.php?style=category&value=PROTEIN" target="_blank">protein</a>/dextrose drink.

Meal 5:
    Rice or pasta
    chicken or beef
    I'd stick with the chicken and rice with broccoli

before bed
    Meal 6:
    1 cup Oatmeal with milk
    1 cup milk
    Oatmeal before bed!!! No no. If anything before bed make it no carbs, <a href="http://www.allsportsnutrition.com/listproducts.php?style=category&value=PROTEIN" target="_blank">protein</a> meal like some egg whites or another can of tuna, or just a <a href="http://www.allsportsnutrition.com/listproducts.php?style=category&value=PROTEIN" target="_blank">protein</a> shake with milk (only if bulking, if cutting mix with water)

Please correct me if something is worng here...and explain me when do i need to take more carbs before workout after workout...etc??????
    You need some carbs about an hour or so before your workout and some simple carbs and <a href="http://www.allsportsnutrition.com/listproducts.php?style=category&value=PROTEIN" target="_blank">protein</a> IMMEDIATLY after your workout. Followed by a good carb/<a href="http://www.allsportsnutrition.com/listproducts.php?style=category&value=PROTEIN" target="_blank">protein</a> meal like chicken and rice.

Meal 1:
    1 cup Oatmeal with milk
    Peanutbutter with bagel
    1 cup of milk
    I'd add some protein in here, maybe some egg whites or drink a shake with it.

Meal 2:
    banana
    looks good

Meal 3:
    Rice or pasta
    chiken or beef
    Stick with the rice!

snack
    Choclat chip cookies
    I wouldn't...for a snack choose something a little better like pretzels or maybe a protein bar at least.

Meal 4:
    1 tina can with bread
    banana
    (work out)
    I'd replace the banana with rice or a baked potatoe.
    Also you'll need a postwokout dextrose drink.

Meal 5:
    Rice or pasta
    chicken or beef
    I'd stick with the chicken and rice with broccoli

before bed
    Meal 6:
    1 cup Oatmeal with milk
    1 cup milk
    Oatmeal before bed!!! No no. If anything before bed make it no carbs, meal like some egg whites or another can of tuna, or just a shake with milk (only if bulking, if cutting mix with water)

You need some carbs about an hour or so before your workout and some simple carbs and IMMEDIATLY after your workout. Followed by a good carb/protein meal like chicken and rice.

I think thats what its suppoes to look like more or less. Thanks man for your comment, but i'm still debating on that last meal...i though taking a good amount of carbs will be good...

My last actual real food meal of the day is at least an hour or twp before bed. Now right before I go to bed I'll drink 2 cups of milk or a protein shake. If bulking I'll drink a protein shake mixed with milk or if cutting mix it with water. But right before bed you don't want such a large meal because it will just be stored as fat and not used.

Ok, i get it...so ill stack up on protiens before bed then

Thread Information