Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Big_Dan is offline Associate Member

Olive oil, EFAs?

Is it true that olive oil contains no omega3-and 6s?
    Can anyone shed some light on this please?
    Id really like to sub flax for olive oil, as it is easier and cheaper for me to get.

Decoder is offline Banned
    You don't need any fats dan.

xxxl83 is offline Productive Member
    DAN,

GO GET A GOOD NUTRITION BOOK AND DO SOME RESEARCH ON YOU OWN!!!!

Nobody minds helping people out but this is gettin out of hand.

Go back and check your threads man you'll see what I'm saying.

xxxl83

FKITLETSGO is offline Senior Member
    You guys are something else...Dan I got cha man you have not aggrevated me so ill answear
    The olive contains about 15-20% in olive oil, 30-60% in water and the remaining is fiber, sugars, and proteins. The pulp contains 96-98% of the oil, while the seed contains only 2-4% of the oil. The average fatty acid composition of olive oil is 78-83% in mono-unsaturated oleic acid, 6-9% in essential polyunsaturated linoleic acid, 8-15% in saturated palmitic acid and 1.5-3% in stearic acid. Olive oil also contains 19 mg of Vitamin E per 100 gr. of oil. The natural presence of Vitamin E which plays the role of nutrient and natural anti-oxidant, the important presence of monounsaturated fats and the right bearing of the essential polyunsaturated ones, make olive oil a product to be preferred and chosen. Olive oil is not a significant source of dietary fiber, sugar, Vitamin A & C, Calcium and Iron. Olive oil does not contain sodium.

Buddha_Red is offline Senior Member
    take the flame outside.

THIS IS A HELP FORUM!!

yeah, i get tired of answering the same questions all the time, but i find i learn something from every time i repeat it.

Lets remember without the newbie and misinformed, we cannot discover new things.

xxxl83 is offline Productive Member
    First of all nobody flammed bigdan, he asks the same questions day in and day out just words them differently. It would be in HIS best intrest to get a good diet and nutrition book and read it. The library is a wonderful place.

Second reread my post and then check his threads/posts.

I'll help anyone but, after you see someone totally disreguard usefull info and continue to post the same thing then what?

He has recieved help on questions by MikexxL, and Swolecat probably the two most knowledgable diet and nutrion guys on this board and yet another BS thread that BigDan could have answered himself with a little research.

I don't check his threads out to rain on his parade but rather to help out only to find well it's a typical BD "please help me I don't want to do any leg work myself".

He states in his profile under BB knowledge= "Quite a bit, especially diet"

xxxl83

I was just stating the fact that over weight people don't need to be taking a fat SUP.

Yung Wun is offline Member
    big dan no flame intended brotha
    but try using the search engine
    some of your questions were already posted

Decoder you supposedly a personal trainer so you yourself should most certainly be aware of the fat burning benefits of amdnistering a supplement that provides your body with nessecary essential fatty acids and oils.....so in response.....overweight people do need fat supplements buddy.

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    Originally posted by FKITLETSGO
    Decoder you supposedly a personal trainer so you yourself should most certainly be aware of the fat burning benefits of amdnistering a supplement that provides your body with nessecary essential fatty acids and oils.....so in response.....overweight people do need fat supplements buddy.
    I agree with this 100%
    I use 100g of fats when cutting and the supplementation of flax speeds up the process by an encredible amount
    EFA's are essential for metabolizing fat stores in the body. You have to eat fat to loose fat.

Very true but i don't encourage the use of it at all, none of my clients use flax or any type of oil, it is un needed when you have a proper diet set up. I stick to cardio, resistence training, diet, Suplementation such as pyruvate or lipotransport, flax would be a last resort deal. If i even mentioned the use of flax to my fitness board i would be bitched at.
    The thing is when i post or anwser a thread i use past experince with clients, so i speak from experince from hundreds of people, you on the other hand speak from just your own.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame

yeah......

without eating fat, the body won't let go of it! It'll let muscle go though! I speak for myself, and my hundreds of clients, both in the past and present. My diets require fats (not a keto diet at all!) and are needed to shred up in record time. Well, see the boards such as mine, here, GotFina, AnaSci, BBX, MassUniverity, etc. , the plans work! Just to make it clear that I speak for a huge population of people, not just what I do.

Anyhow, in all honesty, I don't see anyone here flaming Dan. If everyone knew the history of this all, the myriad of threads we have already answered to this point, you would then see our point. That point is, not only do we answer his questions, help, and NOT flame, we do it/did it countless times.........for the same questions! Talk about a reason to start flamin', lol...........

If it was @ my board, (http://www.gotswole.com/forum/index.php) it would be deleted as all of his posts would be consolidated into a repetition folder which I'd then send to him to re-read.

Respectfully,
    ~SC~
    Last edited by SwoleCat; 02-10-2003 at 01:46 PM.

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    Originally posted by Decoder
    it is un needed when you have a proper diet set up. Suplementation such as pyruvate or lipotransport, flax would be a last resort deal. If i even mentioned the use of flax to my fitness board i would be bitched at.
    Thats funny, I consider Flax to be an essential part of a proper diet. Whether cutting, bulking, or maintaining; flax should be a part of at least on meal. The benefits cannot be denied.

Last resort? I would consider drugs to be a last resort. Flax is part of a diet. Part of a proper diet is not last resort.

If you would be bitched at on a fitness board about flax supplementation, then i would seriously doubt the credibility and experience of those who made that statement.

overweight people do need fat supplements buddy <- that is probably the most idiotic thing ive heard on this board yet. good job FKITLEGTSGO. Stick to the steriods dont talk about sups or diet please.

bro.....

Decoder........u are really straight trippin'.

Why can't you see that certain programs enable "fat" people to eat fat, and come out more ripped than you can imagine? I do it all the time with COUNTLESS people......so I have proof, I don't even need to present it!

It's fine if you have your beliefs, whatever those are, but to say that what others tout and believe in is wrong, is not your right whatsoever.
    Is everyone supposed to believe you and think like you? Hahah, damn it must be gettin' cold in hell...........

As well, you sound like a blatant idiot and your credibility drops even more every time you back it up.

~SC~

This is going to turn to a back and forth fight so im just going to leave it i stand by what i say because its correct. Flax is not essential part of a proper diet. I would like to see where you read that, but your just speaking from your own experience.

I guess i have to be wrong even though i have been training/creating effective diets for years now, But some how still get paid making my clients fat by not using flax oil.
    Last edited by Decoder; 02-10-2003 at 01:53 PM.

to make it clear.......

UPDATE: yeah, all my clients are using flax as my first choice, olive oil, Udo's, or natural peanut butter as a second choice. Trust me, they ain't havin' any problems...........in fact, no one ever has!

I never said Flax was essential........it can be essential if you choose to not use another "essential" supplement. Essential would mean benefiting one to reach his/her goals.

Hell, they were sellin' Flax oil by the cases at the National Qualifier.........but no, all those buff ripped 260lb guys and me don't know a damn thing about flax oil or fats.

Hell, we don't even know how to diet.......how the hell did we get ripped?????

No back and forth here, I have my own forum to babysit in.....

~SC~

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    My question is if I beat a fish silly with my bare hands!! and all of the fish oils come out of the fish. would this concentration of efa's be better than flax?? just trying to solve a revolving question among the community!! help me out guys??

P.S.--All answers will be re-worded into another question, untill I get tired of asking it!!!!
    abstrack@protonmail.com

I guess i have to be wrong even though i have been training/creating effective diets for years now, But some how still get paid making my clients fat by not using flax oil.
    Read above when I say it's fine you have your OWN BELIEFS. No one says you can't, and what you do may indeed work. However, making a generalized statement like you initially did claiming fat people don't need fat, is ludicrous.

~SC~

abs......

your method isn't highly touted by those with girlfriends as a good form of fats.

Many go home smellin' like pussy and get kicked out of the house for it.

Back 2 my board.
    ~SC~

My point is, I have never once used flax oil in any diet and still get great results so it's not essential part of a proper diet, But fat's are.
    are going to argue that too?

Read above when I say it's fine you have your OWN BELIEFS. No one says you can't, and what you do may indeed work. However, making a generalized statement like you initially did claiming fat people don't need fat, is ludicrous.

~SC~ <- uh yah i said that just to piss of dan.

ahem.....

I believe I addressed that many posts ago.

I believe your gripe was with someone else anyway, I already cleared the air about it.

Flax CAN be an essential part of a fat loss diet, as FATS are essential.

There, is everyone content with that?

~SC~

~SC~ <- uh yah i said that just to piss of dan.
    I can't tell if you are being serious, or if that statement has another meaning........ah well, who cares..............haha...........

out!

~SC~

Flax CAN be an essential part of a fat loss diet, as FATS are essential.

Agreed!

my gripe wasn't with you it was with FIT, he said it was essential.

Another dan Post starting bullshit agian. let's boycott dan posts.

Decoder my experience has nothing to do with this but rather years of informative studying,research,trial and error,and scientific proof. I state that fats are essential to a productive nutritional regimen.You told an overweight person that they are basically retarded for using a fat supplement.where exactly did you get this ideology from? Fat supplements are a much wiser choice for getting fats then most other sources including many natural sources so why exactly is he stupid for using fat supplements? Maybe He drinks a protein drink at night with no fats in it and he wants some....maybe he eats 2 fillets of tilapia which has next to no fat in it.....so why is he stupid again? please inform

I see where your contention and concern is I stated "overweight people do need fat supplements buddy." The supplement part is not a must however fats are. I simply believe that fat supplements are much better sources of fats then many food sources that contain saturated and trans fatty acids which are useless to the body when omega 3's and 6's are present.......If you have your efa's there is no need for the other lipids

You don't need any fats dan.-----------your initial post.. looks as if we both worded what we meant wrong. I conclude you are in belief of aquiring fats from well proportioned nutritional regimen and I advocate supplementing nutritional regimen with essential fatty acids which provide only for absolutely needed lipids

Originally posted by FKITLETSGO
    Decoder my experience has nothing to do with this but rather years of informative studying,research,trial and error,and scientific proof. I state that fats are essential to a productive nutritional regimen.You told an overweight person that they are basically retarded for using a fat supplement.where exactly did you get this ideology from? Fat supplements are a much wiser choice for getting fats then most other sources including many natural sources so why exactly is he stupid for using fat supplements? Maybe He drinks a <a href="http://www.allsportsnutrition.com/listproducts.php?style=category&value=PROTEIN" target="_blank"><a href="http://www.allsportsnutrition.com/listproducts.php?style=category&value=PROTEIN" target="_blank">protein</a></a> drink at night with no fats in it and he wants some....maybe he eats 2 fillets of tilapia which has next to no fat in it.....so why is he stupid again? please inform

That statement was a joke, to piss of dan. so i agree! (maybe i need to put something next to my jokes so you can tell)
    Last edited by Decoder; 02-10-2003 at 02:50 PM.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by FKITLETSGO
    You don't need any fats dan.-----------your initial post.. looks as if we both worded what we meant wrong. I conclude you are in belief of aquiring fats from well proportioned nutritional regimen and I advocate supplementing nutritional regimen with essential fatty acids which provide only for absolutely needed lipids [/QUOTE

Once again, this carries on from other posts by dan by his diet. It' something new everyday with him, so i was just being a smart ass saying he doesnt need anymore fat, once again a joke,

Yes my belief is that fats aquried from food work with dieting, so i don't see the need for flax oil for your average dieter. The amount of lipids needed for a diet can come from food.

People who compete who need extremely low body fat is a whole other deal to me, but you may think its the same.

my point is, flax is not essential to a diet, But it can be.

This thread bumped my [ 15.15 posts per day ] i look like matt folley now.

Well to put in my 2c, ive been to 12%ish twice. I ate a 403030 once, and a very low carb moderate protein once that a doctor recommended.
    THEN I started lifting and buying into all the bullshit i read, which makes me want to make sure before i do, because it is really frustrating when results that werent expected come in, such as excessive fat gain from bulking and celltech.
    (http://body_insp.tripod.com)
    In my low carb diet, I was stalled after 3 weeks and wouldn't lose more weight. I added omega3 fat containing eggs and my weight started to drop again. Decoder, while you may think that my posts are useless, I think you obviously learned something and should accept it as a staple to your regimens - omega fats are essential for fat loss.
    I read once on EF that olive oil has no efas - my doctor said it did. Now the choices on which seems to be clear - flax.
    And it has worked for you guys, lets see if it works for me.
    Im starting it today (just took 10 pills, 10g fat).
    Is there any liquid flax available, or does it always come in pills?
    Peace out

huhbro is offline New Member
    It comes in Liquid in fact that is usually the preferred choice bro more concentrated then lil pills

Well the pills specifically say that 1g of fat and 10 cals per pill.
    So for the bottle i have i assume it will be alright?
    Also, where do i get liquid flax? Does gnc carry it? Eckerd and publix dont carry it in liquid.
    Thanks

H BOMB is offline Senior Member
    wtf i answered this ? in one of your own threads. search your own threads and you will find it. damn bro do you bang your fuckin head on your comp desk right bf you ask these questions that you forget you asked them already or were you dropped as a baby. cause if that is the case i totally understand just say so everyone knows that is what is wrong with you. if you weren't dropped as a baby then cut this shit out cause it is really annoying and in the end you will only hurt yourself bc no one will answer your ? anymore.

hahaha.

LMFAO!!!!!!!!

~SC~

painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member
    LOL LOL LOL HBomb you dropped the BOMB. hahahahaha

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Ok guys, I've read all of his posts, and yes usually it's the same question reworded and asked 100 times. but that's what this board is for. A place where someone that doesn't know can come and ask those of us that do know "as many times as it takes until they get the answer." I know it gets frustrating but we all were the "newbie" asking all the "dumb questions" at one point or another. So yes this does annoy me as it does ya'll. But instead of flaming him, just either answer him or ignore him!

Good Idealogy BIG TEXAN......Only a man from texas could make sense of this chaos....lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information