Thread: cardio when??

Tedmax195 is offline Member

cardio when??

does it matter if i do my cardio first thing in the morning or 4 hours after my last meal right before i go to sleep.

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    For fat loss, the optimal time according to most studies is first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. Some will pop an ECA before and some will use a scoop of why in water. Whatever works best for the individual.

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    We all suggest first thing in the morning but some this just is not practical and I like to do mine in the evenings straight after my workout.Find what works for you

Big Al is offline Retired Moderator
    Whenever you do it try and do CV on an empty stomach as it will increase fat-burning.

L-Glutamine before hand will help prevent catabolism.

Tedmax195 is offline Member
    sorry not up on the lingo what the heck is cv

arthurb999 is offline Anabolic Member
    Originally posted by Tedmax195
    sorry not up on the lingo what the heck is cv
    cardiovascular excersise or simply cardio.

PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator
    If you work out hard enough, by the time your weight training session is done, your muscles as well as your stomach are depleted of MOST nutrients....take 15g of glutamine, and hit the FX for 30 min. thats what i do..

jrock34 is offline Associate Member
    first thing in the morning has always been best for me. it gets the system going all day long. If you don't eat beforehand, you tend to burn more fat since there's no food in your stomach to burn off.

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    I agree with mornings on an empty stomach, although it is hard to do sometimes. I usually drink a 40g protein shake before and take 2 Xenadrine capsules. I feel like crap doing cardio on an empty stomach.

beenie is offline Senior Member
    It depends on wehter your goal to contitioning or to lose fat. I have seen a buch of reports in the excersise mags that say for fat loss its best first thing in the morning. The theory is that fewer carbs are in your system, so your body switches over to burning fat more quickly. Assuming this is correct, if you are on a low or no carb diet, it would not make a difference for reducing bf%.

If your goal is just to be stronger and you are already have low bf I am not sure it makes much difference.

My rule here is I just make sure I do my cardio, because I strongly suspect that it makes a lot more difference whether or not you do it at all than what time of the day you do it.

At least that is what I think.

Shredz is offline Respected Member

Thumbs up this works for me

either first thing in the morning on an empty stomach when you body has been depleted of carbs or directly after a workout when then the body has been depleted of carbs from the workout.

Swedeboy is offline Junior Member
    If your goal is to burn fat the best time to do cardio is in the morning BEFORE breakfast and right after you've been in the gym. Why? Because this is when the insulin (guys don't hang me for this one, but insulin is the swedish word and I'm not 100% sure it has the same meaning in english, but since I can't find any other word in the dictionary I have to go with insulin)level in your body are at their lowest and that is when you burn most fat. To prevent too much "muscleburning" I'd advise you to take a proteindrink before you're cardio.

MarkyMark is offline Member

Re: cardio when??

Originally posted by Tedmax195
    does it matter if i do my cardio first thing in the morning or 4 hours after my last meal right before i go to sleep.
    both your statements here will work .... at least 3 hours after your last meal ... if that works better in your schedule ... but you cannot eat after your workout, for it to work ... you must go to sleep with the exception of water intake that is ...

MarkyMark is offline Member

Re: this works for me

Originally posted by Shredz
    either first thing in the morning on an empty stomach when you body has been depleted of carbs or directly after a workout when then the body has been depleted of carbs from the workout.
    Depending on how long your session is this may work against you brother .....

PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator
    Originally posted by Swedeboy
    Because this is when the insulin(guys don't hang me for this one, but insulin is the swedish word and I'm not 100% sure it has the same meaning in english, but since I can't find any other word in the dictionary I have to go with insulin)level in your body are at their lowest and that is when you burn most fat.

Bro, you will not be hung...You said it the way we say it...Just be careful, because next time you say something....you might not just be sooo lucky!

Thread Information