xenithon is offline Member

Non-Training Day Nutrition

I have a quick question with regards to the off-day diet. I currently train 5 times a week. I thus have 2 days (Wednesday and Sunday) off. On training days I have a total of 6 meals – 5 during the day, of which one is the postworkout meal, and my protein meal just before bed. I have no problem fitting the meals in. The thing is, I find that on non training days I cannot fit in the same amount of meals. The main reason is that I don’t get hungry too easily, and when trying to cut/maintain, it feels almost counterproductive to make myself eat when not hungry if you know what I mean. My question is: should I still try and get the same number of meals in – maybe decrease the total calories for the day and thus make the meals smaller o non-training days. Should I decrease the amount of meals to lets say 4 during the day and the protein before bed?? Pretty much I am still confused as to whether I must get in the same amount of calories on training and non-training days or not. Anyone got any advice??

BTW: I'm 20, 1.8m, 75kg, 9% bf. Eating roughly 1800 calories, split up into meals at about 9:00, 12:00, 15:00 (postworkout), 16:30, 19:30, 23:00. That’s on training days. Many times on non-training days it ends up being 9:00, 12:30, 16:00, 19:30, 23:00.

Thanks!

yellows2k is offline Member
    I take in about 100 or 200 less calories on training days. I take in 165g of carbs to cut, on non training days I take in about 80-100.

xenithon is offline Member
    ok, that's what I thought. Do you have the same # of meals? Is it best do you think for me to have the same # of meals, but have a no to low carb meal, as I would throughout the day, in place of the postworkout shake which has major carbs.

rambo is offline The Lord God
    Since the post workout shake probably has the majority of carbs on training days, i just eat oatmeal or other good carbs in place of it, because you still need to get in proportionate amounts of carbs, even on non training days. I usually lax up on sundays to provide some sanity, not really as much to cheat, but i feel like i can kick my metabolism in the ass so to speak. Experiment, whatever works for you.

yellows2k is offline Member
    Originally posted by xenithon
    ok, that's what I thought. Do you have the same # of meals? Is it best do you think for me to have the same # of meals, but have a no to low carb meal, as I would throughout the day, in place of the postworkout shake which has major carbs.
    Yes I try to eat 6-10 meals a day whether maintaing, cutting or bulking...diet doesn't change either except I just eat less and cut out dairy when cutting...

I eat the majority of my carbs early and plan it so I have enough room that I can have my post workout shake too. I don't eat carbs after 8pm, I go to bed around 12am-1am...

decadbal is offline Banned
    I always eat less on the days im off, no reason to get the extra fuel if your not gonna use it, you will just store it.

Thread Information