xenithon is offline Member

Vege's with oil vs. Nuts

Hi Guys,

Just a quick question: when I am out, lets say at varsity, and I have to get in a meal, its not a problem to bring something like chicken breast I have made with me. Being on a low carb diet, I usually have it with a salad or fibrous vege's with oil (olive, grapeseed, flax etc.). But, at varsity, its quite difficult and rather rude (smell wise) to bring out a tupperware with broccoli or cauliflower Would a good substitute be something like 20g of almonds? I believe they are fairly low in carbs, have some fibre, and have good fats in them, roughly the same amount as I would use on the veges (~10g). Is there something which makes nuts a bad choice? Are there any other nuts which are recommended above almonds?? At the end of the day with all the preparation and tupperwaring I do with food it just makes it a little easier to take some protein source with a handful of nuts rather than vege's which really do smell in tupperwares

Thanks!

xenithon is offline Member
    bump. anyone got any advice??

its pretty much every monday-wednesday that I am in this situation so its quite important - is it okay at least once or twice to have protein with a large handful or certain nuts/seeds??

thanks!

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    I may be mistaken but I always thought mr. protein and mr. fat are good friends, mr. protein and mr.carbs are good friends, but mr. fat for some reason does not like mr. carbs.

But honestly bro, I would keep it simple if I was you and just have the chicken breast with a spoon or two of flax (just put it in a small bottle and take a quick swig) or the chicken breast with a sandwich bag of veggies.

And, if people give you dirty looks for your good eating habits..well, fuck em'. Actually revenge is better....when you see someone tearing up a big mac and some large fries one day, make sure you go over and stare at them like there eating a fried cow testicle on a bun
    Usualsuspect

Thread Information