mrey86 is offline New Member

Can i CUT by BULKING? (srs)

Here's the deal...

I usually hover around 255lbs - 260lbs and feel nice and thick at around 16% bodyfat.

But I decided to cut down and get lean... which i have, except I've been on this cut for far too long due to being out for a few weeks because of a shoulder injury.

So right now im between 230-235 lbs and feeling very small considering i've still got about 7 lbs to lose. While i look better leaner i just hate the small feeling.

So i was thinking, as i usually bulk on juice (anadrol and test) could i do a 4 week blast on cycle of bulking while on anadrol then cut then other 8 weeks.

Could that initial 4 week bulk give me the metabolic kick i need to shed the rest of the fat while building muscle and thus lowering my bodyfat %?

Damienm05 is offline Productive Member
    Do yourself a favor and up the cardio for a few weeks before starting your cycle while cycling your carbs in a 4-day cycle at something like 50/100/150/250 - once super lean, then blast the **** out of yourself by upping your cals/carbs back to over maintenance when the juice kicks in. Don't switch things up mid-cycle.
    The above plan is much better and more conventional for that reason. You start your cycle as lean as possible to combat sides/bloat, while getting a supercompensation effect from the carb priming, and not having to worry about cutting once you come off and losing gains. Trust me.

Quote Originally Posted by Damienm05 View Post
    Do yourself a favor and up the cardio for a few weeks before starting your cycle while cycling your carbs in a 4-day cycle at something like 50/100/150/250
    Im doing exactly that right now but getting too small

You start your cycle as lean as possible to combat sides/bloat, while getting a supercompensation effect from the carb priming, and not having to worry about cutting once you come off and losing gains. Trust me.
    My thinking was if i keep cutting ill end up looking too small than what id like.

so i was going to do a 12 week cycle, first 4 weeks anadrol and bulk on it... the rest test only and use it to cut and keep gains... or would i just end up bloated and fat again?
    Last edited by mrey86; 08-09-2010 at 03:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mrey86 View Post
    Im doing exactly that right now but getting too small

My thinking was if i keep cutting ill end up looking too small than what id like.

so i was going to do a 12 week cycle, first 4 weeks anadrol and bulk on it... the rest test only and use it to cut and keep gains... or would i just end up bloated and fat again?
    You'd just vbe wasting the cycle. Your better to get to your desired bf % before starting and then bulk throughout - don't waste ur gear - use it to get as big as possible.

Which brings me to my next point, so what if you're "getting too small" lmao - you're about to do a cycle! If your diet is on-point you can pack on tons of muscle, negating whatever LBM you lost while cutting + 10 lbs.

Finally, no reason you should even be getting "too small" in the first place. Post your diet. I don't lose strength when cutting and neither should you. Keep protein high, carbs/fat moderate and keep the caloric deficit minor while doing cardio as much as possible. You can lose 1.5 lbs of fat weekly while getting stronger. it's about the diet, 100%.

I eat maintenance cals while cutting and use HIIT cardio to create the deficit, I got smaller than i would of liked by being out for a few weeks but yeh you're right... i should save the juice maybe untill im lean.... hate being small though gahhhhh

[QUOTE=Damienm05;5303952]You'd just vbe wasting the cycle. Your better to get to your desired bf % before starting and then bulk throughout - don't waste ur gear - use it to get as big as possible.
    /QUOTE]

while on this point... is it a bad idea that i usually always and only juice to bulk and cut naturally... is it counter-productive?

I think if you're a true monster and have tons of LBM to maintain, juicing to cut may be a good idea to ensure you don't lose any, maybe even gain a bit and speed up the cutting process.
    In the case of guys who may be strong and fit compared to most gym-goers but not absolutely stacked, I see no reason to cut on the juice. Better to cut naturally since you can maintain your LBM and then gain like mad with each cycle.

started my "bulk" today, really nervous hoping this decreases my bodyfat

im on 1g test and 50mg anadrol .

I increased my training volume but im just hoping i do actually look leaner and not like a bloated moonface with fat gain

Thread Information