MACHINE5150 is offline "AR's Vanilla Gorilla"

Ceasar salad dressing

I like to enjoy the occasional chicken ceasar salad, but can't help but noticing that a single ounce of this stuff contains 16f 1c 1p 152cal.. and the average salad probably has about 3 ounces of this stuff in it (main course salad).. which is a lot of fat.. Ceasar Salad dressing is three equal ingredients: eggs, lemon juice and olive oil.. with some anchovies mised in as well... So I have read that the fat from olive oil, fish (anchovies), and eggs is all good fat.. So is it an acceptable meal for bulking to mix say 8-12oz of chicken with a couple ounces of this stuff (the lettuce is neglible).. I know it is a bad idea for cutting due to the high calories, but is it an acceptable source of healthy fats?

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    You're right about the fats being healthy, however it's probably overkill on fat at one sitting, regardless of cutting or bulking. Just my .02...

Damienm05 is offline Productive Member
    It's an emulsion. That means binding fat (olive oil) with acid (lemon juice) by using fat (egg yolks). For flavor, there's garlic, pepper, salt (Anchovies), and more fat (lots of Parmesan cheese).

As Gbrice said, it's massive overkill. It's a good keto meal if you're in a bind but it's a very high calorie salad without much to offer otherwise.

Anywhere that offers it can surely give you a mixed greens grilled chicken salad with oil/vin on the side and maybe some Parmesan to sprinkle on.

MACHINE5150 is offline "AR's Vanilla Gorilla"
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    You're right about the fats being healthy, however it's probably overkill on fat at one sitting, regardless of cutting or bulking. Just my .02...
    yeah that is what i was kind of thinking.. it is all my daily fats in one meal.. so i suppose it would be fine if i just did a small side salad and not as a main.. with some healthy carbs too.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by MACHINE5150 View Post
    yeah that is what i was kind of thinking.. it is all my daily fats in one meal.. so i suppose it would be fine if i just did a small side salad and not as a main.. with some healthy carbs too.
    Yes and no - go for the small side salad and get some of your fats in with that meal (careful, it's TOUGH to calculate accurate macros with dressings, marinades, sauces, etc) - but I wouldn't do carbs with the fats with the exception of fiberous veggies (such as the romaine in the classic dish). I like to separate carb and fat meals as much as possible, within reason.

A small caesar salad with grilled chicken would be a great meal choice. However, I would omit the crutons on the salad, as well as parmesan if they add it.

Thread Information