mustang331 is offline Member

what I ate yesterday and today so far, please look!

Yesterday, Woke up @9am and ate 6 egg whites, with a protein shake and teaspoon of flaxseed oil.

Then about 12pm I had a chicken breast, with no skin, then at about 3 pm a white tuna from a can and some extra virgin olive oil and balsomic vinager. about 6pm a pure protein bar, at about 7:30 I went for my cardio run about 5 miles or so. @ 8:30 when I got back I had some cut up white meat chicken with some green and red peppers with a little red sauce. That was it, I went to bed @ about midnight...

Today The same thing so far but this monrning instead of eggs I had some turkey breast. I am looking to cut up and get some rips before I start to bulk. I need to lose the little gut I have and the love handles need to go... How does this look so far?

BTW I will be doing cardio 6 days a week with weights about 3 days a week.

yellows2k is offline Member
    Let me find the faults of your diet, I love doing it....

1.) Looks like not enough calories, dunno for sure since you didn't count
    2.) Didn't tell us your weight so we don't know if you ate enough protein
    3.) Not enough EFA's
    4.) Not enough carbs
    5.) Didn't eat from 830PM all the way til 9AM, "Hello catabolism!"
    6.) Didn't tell us if you worked out and if you did, there was no post workout protein and simple sugars

That's it for now...

Originally posted by yellows2k
    Let me find the faults of your diet, I love doing it....

1.) Looks like not enough calories, dunno for sure since you didn't count
    2.) Didn't tell us your weight so we don't know if you ate enough <a href="http://www.allsportsnutrition.com/listproducts.php?style=category&value=PROTEIN" target="_blank">protein</a>
    3.) Not enough EFA's
    4.) Not enough carbs
    5.) Didn't eat from 830PM all the way til 9AM, "Hello catabolism!"
    6.) Didn't tell us if you worked out and if you did, there was no post workout <a href="http://www.allsportsnutrition.com/listproducts.php?style=category&value=PROTEIN" target="_blank">protein</a> and simple sugars

That's it for now...
    Thanks for the help that was good stuff. That is what I am looking for in an answer..

As for me I did not work out yesterday, but today I will.

I am 5'9 @ about 183 lbs. I am staying kind of low carb to lose this gut and fat fast.. What do you think I should change or do?

Start counting your calories and set up a macro count of protein/carbs/fat. For me I use a 35/35/30 split. For me it comes to 2200 calories, 190g of protein, 190g of carbs, 70g of fat.

Your protein sources are excellent. Carbs, you can use whole wheat bread, brown rice, veggies, oatmeal, lentils, beans. For fats, you want healthy fats, olive is good, I use flax seed oil and natural peanut butter.

Eat at least 180g of protein, drink at leats a gallon of water, limit your carb intake later in the day and have a meal at 11-1130pm before bed.

Ideally, 1-2lbs of FAT is healthy, anything more and you risk losing muscle mass.

Find your maintenance number of calories, that is, the calories needed to maintain your current weight. Here's one you can use. http://davedraper.com/bodyfat-calculator.html
    When you get the number subtract 500 from it and that is how many calories you are going to take in.

Thanks for one of the best info replies I saw... Question what kind of meal should I eat before bed?

Ummm theres a variety you can choose, can of tuna, egg whites, or protein drink(not whey as it would absorb too quickly). I currently use Muscle Milk by Cytosports.

Thread Information