Thread: Plateau

powerws is offline Associate Member

Plateau

I have really been working on my diet, but it seems I just cant get below my weight of 215.
    I'm 40 years old 6 feet and 20% BF. I have lost 10% Bf already, weight hasn't changed much but the fat has melted and redistributed. I'm trying to eat 6-7 times daily and consuming around 2500 calories. My question is how do I get past this plateau? Diet change? Don't want to starve myself. Trying to get my bf to under 10%. Thanks

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    I'm in a similar situation. I lost alot of weight initially, but it pretty much stopped. The problem is as our body compositions change, so do our nutritional needs. So what you did to drop the initial 10% won't necessarily continue to work.

My suggestion is you recalculate your caloric needs based on your current stats, assuming you haven't done this already. Your needs may have increased or even decreased depending on your current composition.

What does your cardio routine look like?

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    I'm in a similar situation. I lost alot of weight initially, but it pretty much stopped. The problem is as our body compositions change, so do our nutritional needs. So what you did to drop the initial 10% won't necessarily continue to work.

My suggestion is you recalculate your caloric needs based on your current stats, assuming you haven't done this already. Your needs may have increased or even decreased depending on your current composition.

What does your cardio routine look like?
    Train MMA Style tues & Thurs(Heavy Bag Ect)12 rounds at 3 min, Mon, Wed, Friday, do military style boot camp core body weight exercises 1 Hour, Very extreme Mountain biking on Sat, Off Sun. After that ridiculous deca only cycle. I figured I'd drop cut the weight and BF%'s. Need to get to 10 % Then will reconsider a test and anavar cycle. Currently on third week of PCT. Torem and Tamox. 2 weeks to go.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    I'm surprised you're having such a tough time dropping fat with that workout/cardio schedule, that's pretty intense! I don't do half of that; then again, i'm relatively fat, so there ya go!

Since your cardio sounds in check, it all points back to your diet IMO. Maybe it's the foods your eating, or your macro placement and/or timing. If you feel like it, post up your diet and include time of day for each meal, where your workout fits into the day, and macro info for each and we'll help you sort it out and see what's going on there.

Baseball_Player85 is offline Junior Member
    Hey this is kinda directed at both of you since gbrice just mentioned recently he started going to a spin class 2 x a week. I was doing a spin class 3 x a week and initially I lost 15 lbs. in less then a month and then the weight loss started to slow. I mentioned that to the instructor and he said that I was getting use to the intensity I was using and I needed to up my intensity. I went from being able to talk during the class to barley being able to breath. Kicked my ass. I set small incremental goals for myself weekly with cardio to do more or to work harder during the same time period. It's like BB'ing you always want to push yourself (more weight, more reps).

Quote Originally Posted by Baseball_Player85 View Post
    Hey this is kinda directed at both of you since gbrice just mentioned recently he started going to a spin class 2 x a week. I was doing a spin class 3 x a week and initially I lost 15 lbs. in less then a month and then the weight loss started to slow. I mentioned that to the instructor and he said that I was getting use to the intensity I was using and I needed to up my intensity. I went from being able to talk during the class to barley being able to breath. Kicked my ass. I set small incremental goals for myself weekly with cardio to do more or to work harder during the same time period. It's like BB'ing you always want to push yourself (more weight, more reps).
    Certainly something to think about!

Thread Information