Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    the original jason is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    ok back to diet today, didnt go to the gym cos been decorating all day, didnt weight myself will do it next friday see how its going. I did weigh myslelf at the end of the carb up day and i know i was holding water but i was same weight as when i started which baffled me a little i will just wait to see till next week before i make changes in the diet, but as i mentioned above, i will not fade away at 1700 kals i know that, sometimes i hold my weight at 1700 seems to much to drop down more? any comments?

peace

durbin22 is offline Member
    Seems like your diet is going well. The first week I lost about 8lbs which was water. In the 3rd week I adjusted my diet based on my new weight. The change was little like a couple hundres cals. My weight loss has slowed down to 1-2lbs a week but has been constant. Keep me updated.

ok well havent and dont think i will get to the gym this week as i been painting and preparing a new home last 3 days but back on the the diet as planned. day 2 is over still feel ok and diet is going well, to easy to follow really now, i dont feel like i am losing much if any weight like last time i did this diet, will check for piss test later tonight. I am just trying to give people who dont know what keto is about, the chance to read and try it out

peace

still on the diet but fucked up again today, didnt eat at all, all day, it seems this diet really stops me form being hungry, i was so busy moving into my new place i really just didnt think about it before i knew it was like the whole day gone, will be back on track tomorrow and back in the gym very soon

peace

10InchMember is offline New Member
    durbin22,
    Can you give us an idea of what you are eating? I have a hard time getting in the fat i need. I have posted a few threads in this forum if you dont mind taking a look.

Original Jason,

Good luck with the diet! I will be tracking your progress

my whole diet is posted at the start of this thread with macros and whatever you need, there are alot of things you can eat bro just do some searching you will find it easy enough

peace

durbin, how long did u stay on the diet? and did u get ur cholestorol levels checked at all? last time i did 4 weeks however juiced and used alot more stimulants and lost 25lb, this time my weight feels pretty similar but i have no scales, after 2 weeks, things seems very slow, however ketosis according to ketostix is in and out, i am still eating about 0-5 carbs per day, but sometimes i am getting dark red, sometimes i am getting light to moderate readings, did other people find this? i am going to hit the gym again next week now i am done moving!

peace

I am still on the diet. I am not sure how long I will run it. My goal is to be around 8%. I could be closer to where I want to be but I have not been doing as much cardio as I should. I have not had my cholesterol which I probably should. I have been taking R-ALA during the carb ups and it has helped me stay in ketosis.

painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member
    I have a quick question on the Keto strips, I just bought some and I am trying to see if I get into keto on a low carb diet after cardio. I was wondering what readings do you guys get on the full Keto diet.

Thanks,
    Pain

roch is offline Member
    just wondering, but is a dark brown or red reading bad? I am just starting to research this for when I am done with the bulking regiment I am going to start. also when you are in ketosis does your urine stink, like very powerfully? I know this was the diet I did to lose 75 pounds but i didn't do any keto sticks, just my own variation of the atkins diet that worked for me. I am an extremist as well.

lol, well i get red to brown on good days, usually its about moderate reading after 2 days after the carb up.

I dont know what happened this week cos 2 days in i was getting negative readings...also i am worries about cholesterol i think i should get it checked just to see, really dont feel like i am losing much this time.

Worst thing about this diet is i lose my apetite TOTALLY and i forget to eat!

peace

painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member
    Thanks, BTW I just read today that you don't really need to worry about cholesterol on a very low carb or no-carb diet (more or less anything were insulin isn't present) Insulin runs the machinery that actually makes cholesterol. If you reduce the level of insulin your cells cant convert the fat to cholesterol, no matter how much fat is present. If this is true or not I dont know but it came from a very good source. Hope that makes you feel a little better.

Pain

All I ever get with the strips is a trace reading. As long as you have at least that then your in ketosis.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information