Somnius is offline Junior Member

Stress... its eating what im eating

Hi, Ive posted a few questions here and I am on here everyday reading up on others questions and answers. Im 19 and weigh 140 now... was 135 last week... not that its a big improvement but hey, heh. Neway, im obviously trying to bulk, im eating as much as possible without throwing up and working out. However, Im in first year of university, and up until today i had 2 jobs. I quit one today because of the crazy stress and no sleep.

The stress and resulting high cortisone levels are eating away at whatever muscle im building. The stress should be going down now that i only have one job and school, but I mean, if i am forced to eat a meal an hour or two late, or miss a workout etc. I end up getting so stressed out and feel guilty that im not eating or working out like i should, i feel like im decreasing in size in that exact amount. I just wanted someone to help me out.

Pls offer some words of encouragement and comfort, and give me suggestions on what to do or how to think to overcome the stress of a missed workout or meal. I really wanna get bigger, there are enough variables working against that , i dont need another...

Thanks

yellows2k is offline Member
    Everyone misses meals or is late eating them and everyone misses a workout. It happens, no big deal. Just let it go and move on.

Everyone gives these splits and "perfect diets" but everybody binges once in a while or misses a meal or misses a work out. As long as you try your best, you should not be disappointed....there are many others who are too lazy to even try...

mustang331 is offline Member
    I had a doublecheese burger from mc donalds last night @ 11pm

But instead of feeling all guilty today I am just sucking it up ( my gut lol ) And doing better today with more cardio

painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member
    Just work it off, do a little extra cardio the next day. Don't make up for it by starving your self the next day. Also don't stress about it, the damage that the stress will do will far outway the actual damage you did by eating.

Pain

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Starting college itself is a very stressful situation, let alone working too. Just remember, a missed meal or missed workout isn't the end of the world. Besides class, studying, work, diet and workouts, try to take little breaks in the day. You have to have some "me" time to just sit and let everything go. Maybe in the morning or even just 15 minutes before you go to bed. Without it you're going to drive yourself nuts. Like Yellow said, everyone has a plan to obtain goals and everyone gets sidetracked from that plan evry now and than. When you do just let it go and get back on the plan. Good luck and just remember to breathe.

kc
    kc is offline Female Member
    i've got a buddy that is always telling me "kc this is a marathon run, not a sprint"...everytime i'm buggin cuz i ate something bad or missed a workout or didn't get enough sleep...he's just like blow it off, you got your life...just keep at it.

I remember juggling college and a full time job, it was stressful. Can you use your time in the gym to blow off that stress? I know now that i'm way less stressed after a good workout than before...maybe try to focus your stress on that and walk away a little lighter?

good luck man!

Somnius is offline Junior Member
    Thanks guys...dam i lost that 5 pounds this week. One month left in school and theyre packing on the heat. Im barely eating and havent worked out in a bit. But im gonna try to stay calm and do what i can till im done school. Then im gonna live in my fridge and in the gym to finally pack on some weight. It really is annoying being so thin... extremely annoying. I wanna set up an actual diet when im done school, with counted calories and everything, and finally grab the creatine and glutamine ive been putting off for fear of wasting it right now. Maybe someone can give me some advice as to how to split my meal, how to take the supplements etc.

Ive read other posts about creatine etc, however noone was as light as me, im sure it differs according ot bodyweight. I hope one of u can help me out.

Thanks

If you are having trouble with preparing meals and finding time to cook them, then I would suggest buying some MRP powders and bars. IMO real food is better but MRP and bars are better than nothing, plus they are very convenent to lug to class. Glut take 10-15g per day, after workout and before bed are the best times for this. As for creatine I will let another bro answer that as creatine doesn't really work for me so I don't use it.

Pain

yellows2k is offline Member
    Well I'm pretty close to u in weight, 155-160llbs I am, and I have started using creatine for 2 weeks and I am cutting, Although it looks like Im holding onto some water, my strength has gone up tremendously. I have also switched my routine in those 2 weeks so I can't really tell if its the routine, creatine, or combo of both. But I will know for sure when I burn out from this routine and go back to my regular one.

What creatine do I recommend? Prolab Creatine, because its cheap and because it has Creapure, the purest type of creatine available. WHy is it the best> Because Creapure is manufactured and processed using a double stripping process that delivers a final product hat is lower in creatinine, dicyandiamide, dihydrotriazine and sodium - this delivers a far purer form of creatine.

Originally posted by yellows2k

What <a href="http://www.allsportsnutrition.com/listproducts.php?style=category&value=CREATINE" target="_blank">creatine</a> do I recommend? Prolab Creatine, because its cheap and because it has Creapure, the purest type of <a href="http://www.allsportsnutrition.com/listproducts.php?style=category&value=CREATINE" target="_blank">creatine</a> available. WHy is it the best>
    I don't know much about creatine but I do back all of prolabs products. I love their stuff.

Pain

Thread Information