Thread: Carb question?

ravaz is offline Associate Member

Carb question?

Sup all.

Quick question. I'm sick of eating rice and the pasta for carbs. I was looking in my freezer and came accross some Eggo waffles. They contain per 2 waffles, 29g carbs, 5g protein, 7g fat. Anyone think the fat is too high? I'm not going to have these every meal, but like once a day or something like that. I was thinking of having like 4-6 waffles when I eat them.

Thanks.

J-Dogg is offline Anabolic Member
    I would not eat them if your planning on dieting.

The carbs are from mostly sugars.

I cook up about 6 cups of brown rice and then put it in Glad Ware and just heat it up when i'm ready.

I take one day and prepare all my foods in glad ware, actually its the chepo version of glad ware but all works the same

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    BB diets can get very boring you need to experiment with different foods and try different things.Eating plain old rice and pasta will drive you mental look at adding things to it different sauces/meats/veg/spices that way you will not tire of eating it

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    I'm with Billy on this one. My absolute fav. BBing meal is plain brown rice with 6oz of cooked salad shrimp (small shrimp). By it frozen in bulk, do not used canned shrimp as it is haevily treated with tri-poly phosphate (prservative) and has the favour and texture of a wet shoe lace. With your pasta, cut up you chciken breast into small pieces, and add a small amount of spagetti sauce (when your shopping look for "Healthy Choice" which is low in sugar and salt. I also use whole wheat flat breads (sparringly) two slices have 186cal, 4.8g protein, 34g carbs, 3g fat. I cut up my chicken, put on the breads, heat and top with mustard.

J-Dogg is offline Anabolic Member
    I like to use hot peppers myself.

A few Pepperoncini peppers tend to mask up about any thing.

PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator
    Try long grain wild rice, pretty close to the same GI rating as brown rice and twice the taste!

Go to The recipe section and go to town.

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    Bammmmmmm!!!

Nothin' like a lil' spice to wake up a meal.

Thanks for all the replies guys. I'm pretty lean, so I'll just keep eating the Waffles, not too much but once every other day or so. Just another question, what is the ammount of carbs you all take in on a daily basis? I'm trying to do about 500 or so, while taking in atleast 350g protein and 4000-4500 cal a day. Thanks guys.

MarkyMark is offline Member
    Well if your not dieting nor really taking anyones advice why are you posting .......

Re: Carb question?

Originally posted by ravaz
    Sup all.

Quick question. I'm sick of eating rice and the pasta for carbs. I was looking in my freezer and came accross some Eggo waffles. They contain per 2 waffles, 29g carbs, 5g protein, 7g fat. Anyone think the fat is too high? I'm not going to have these every meal, but like once a day or something like that. I was thinking of having like 4-6 waffles when I eat them.

Thanks.
    question ......

Cuz I felt like asking the question momo..

Originally posted by J-Dogg
    I would not eat them if your planning on dieting.

The carbs are from mostly sugars.

I cook up about 6 cups of brown rice and then put it in Glad Ware and just heat it up when i'm ready.

I take one day and prepare all my foods in glad ware, actually its the chepo version of glad ware but all works the same
    good reply Jdog ...

Yes because eggo waffles have about the nutritional value of a piece of Wonder bread .... ( wonder whats in it ) ... Oh and chewing on an old sneeker may be actually more beneficial in the long run .... that fat to calorie ratio is horrendous....
    Last edited by MarkyMark; 11-28-2001 at 04:55 PM.

Originally posted by ravaz
    so I'll just keep eating the Waffles. Thanks guys.
    Reply to answer ..... DISMISSED

aha i was kidding

I am just Ravazin ( razzin ) you bro ..... but eggo waffles DO SUCK btw ...... there are tons of carbs ...( mostly everything we eat has carbs .... )
    potatoes, rice , breads , pasta , beans, bananas ... there are many varieties of these as well brother .... do like the guys said .... mix it up a bit .... dont eat eggo's because your tired of rice ..... tons out there ... just look a lil better ....

good luck

Thread Information