Thread: Hiit Cardio

PAGUY26 is offline Junior Member

Hiit Cardio

Can someone explain what this is?

yellows2k is offline Member
    Alternating speeds, like 30 seconds you run at 80% of your max heart rate then 30 seconds you run 50% and keep repeating for 10-20 min. This isn't like walking where you do it for 30-45 minutes. This type of cardio is supposed to help increase metabolism even after you are done doing cardio whereas if you are walking at 65% of your max heart rate there is very little effect after the session.

painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member
    I am pretty sure yellow is on point with that. I think it stands for High Intensitey Interval Training. Please correct me if wrong.

Pain

yellows2k is offline Member
    Originally posted by painintheazz
    I am pretty sure yellow is on point with that. I think it stands for High Intensitey Interval Training. Please correct me if wrong.

Pain
    Correct!

Farmer is offline Member
    Originally posted by yellows2k
    Alternating speeds, like 30 seconds you run at 80% of your max heart rate then 30 seconds you run 50% and keep repeating for 10-20 min. This isn't like walking where you do it for 30-45 minutes. This type of cardio is supposed to help increase metabolism even after you are done doing cardio whereas if you are walking at 65% of your max heart rate there is very little effect after the session.
    Just a little additive, the reason the "HIT" style cardio works and keeps metabolism up is..when you first start running your output and oxygen levels are not together because of the intensity, which puts your body in an oxygen deficit. After the workout is done your body maintains an elevated state to make up for the loss of oxygen in the beginning, which is called Post exercise oxygen consumption, and thats the reason for the raised metabolism for anywhere up to 24 hrs depending on the duration and intensity of the workout.

Peace

Thread Information