After workout...before cardio shake

The 2 supplements I take are creatine....soon to be replaced by yates Pro gf...and whey.

I have read in other posts that people suggest taking dextrose and whey right after you get done with the lifting, and BEFORE you do cardio.

I get my dextrose from my creatine delivery(eas phosfagen brand) and protein from 100% whey.

My qestion is.......If I take it right after lifting, and right before cardio, won't I sweat it all out during my cardio?

Also I have read that you should not take your protein shake and creatine at the same time. Is this true?

Currently, I take 5 grams creatine about 30-60 minutes before my weight lifting. Lift weights for about 45-60 min. do 30-45 min of cardio slam another 5 gram creatine drink, 15 minutes latere drink 50 grams of protein.
    I hope this is enough info for sugestions. I have read alot on this topic and just can't get a clear answer out of all the info I have read.

The questions above are the 2 questions I have most.

I wouldnt take creatine and protien at the same time because of the posibility that a large amount of protien would blunt the insulin response and absorbsion that would carry the creatine into your muscle cells.

Even more detrimental i think, is doing cardio directly after a workout (though alot of people do it). You, like you said, have two options. You take your post workout shake after cardio, or you take it before. I think you lose either way. If you take it after, 1) you have waited to long, and 2) more importantly your heightened metabolism and nonexistant blood sugar levels will promt your body to use the drink for energy instead of muscle repair. Also most of the fat burned as a result of cardio is burned in the hour FOLLOWING the cardio. Drinking a quick digesting drink right after the cardio will stop that fat loss in its tracks.

Or you take the drink before cardio in which case you will burn NO fat. You will just burn the drink and be left with a watse of cardio and hungry muscles.

I think is boils down to this. Muscle growth and fat loss are 180 degree opposites. In the one case your body must have excess protien and blood sugar. In the other your body must be deviod of nutrition so it will draw on it's own stores of energy. And the body can only switch from one state to the other so fast. The span of and hour is just not enough.

But if time is an issue and you simply cant go to the gym or wherever more than once a day, than i would do the cardio first and the lifting after. and dont drink anything except the creatine first, than the protien after the whole workout. That way your cardio will have it's hour to do its work and you can drink your protien quickly after the lifting so your muscles get their building blocks without waiting to long. The downside is that with your blood sugar/muscle glycogen depleted you wont lift as much. This is why most people frown on trying to cut and grow at the same time. Its not because you CANT do it, its just that it requires that you give your body time to shift from a positive to negative energy balance. And that requires going to the gym twice a day.
    As a rule, if your not doing your cardio in the morning on and empty stomach, your not being efficient.

Thanks for the informative respnse...not really what I wanted to hear, but hey, if you told me just what I wanted to hear, I'd get no where.

I want to get bigger and stronger......but what I want more... is a flat stomach. I want to be able to take my shirt off in the summer and not have any extra falb hangin over my boxers when I sit down or bend over.

Looks like I will have to keep lifting with less benefit for the time being.

Low bodyfat/flat stomach is most important for me right now.

Thanks againg for the response....any one else got any input, feel free to speak!! I always like to here what people have to say.

rambo is offline The Lord God
    Remember too, that your diet is hands down the most important element in either cutting or bulking, you can work out and supplement till you fall over, but if you aren't eating right you still won't get anywhere. I'm not sure how you are eating, but whatever you decide, make sure that you are feeding your body right.

I am eating carbs in the morning, breakfast and snack, carbs/protein for lunch, and fish or boneless skinless chicken with veggies for dinner. I snack on peanuts in the pm and oatmeal in the am. Those are my 2 between the meal snacks.

Thread Information