Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    at 7 have a 1/2 (dry wieght) of cooked oatmeal
    tbs of flax, and a tuna (minimal mayo, a tbsp) sandwich.

38g protien 40carbs 20 fat

at 9 have aprotien shake.

30g protien (maybe more, i use milk in mine so, 40g pro)

at 11 have enough chicken to get 50g protein, and some brown rice for about 30g carb. nuts for some fat.

at 2:30-3 have your preworkout, high GI and protien meal. I recomend buying pure dextrose and adding it to a protien shake, creatine too.

Immediatly after workout repeat about without creatine.

after this just eat 3 more times about 2 hours apart.

two bananced meals and finish with a slow digesting protien like a can of tuna with whatever you want in it for flavor, but no (little) carbs.

total # should add up to about

2250 cal >200 protien, <200 of carbs and >50 g of fat.

But if it were me i wouldnt lift weights. not that there are not good arguments for being able to lose fat and gain muscle efficently at the same time. But i just think this is too much to ask your self to do, just eating right is hard. Calculaing everything takes time and thought. untill it becomes rutine and you know what you should eat without having to do the math, i think going to the gym twice a day with a job is too much.
    Also if you are inacurate or you cheat, the fact that you are having two very high GI meals will make sure you pay for those cheats by packing the fat on when the insulin hits.

Switching from a catabolic state to an anabolic state is hard to do well each day. I dont try.

painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member
    Post your meal plan and we will comment.

Pain

Brokenbricks, thanks! This gave me a good idea of where to start with the resources I had available to me today.

Today I ate as follows:

Cardio 5:45-6:45

Eat at 7:00....2 eggs with yolks- 9 fat, 3 sat fat, 2 carb, 12 protein, 140 cals 80 from fat

1 cup of cheerios- 40 carbs don't know cals, or fat or protein count on the cheerios.

9:00

Prottein shake 44 grams of protein, 220 calories 30 from fat, 3 fat, 2 sat fat, 6 carb

11:00

peanuts (1 oz roughly) 25.5 fat, 6 carb, 160 cal, 120 cals from fat

13 slices turkey breast- 6.5 fat, 52 protein, 13 carb, 160 cals

2 slices of whole wheat bread made with sprouts, not flour.

2 fat, 8 protein, 32 carb, 180 cals 16 from fat

2:30

8 oz of tuna- 1.5 fat 32.5 protein, 0 carb, 150 cals, 12.5 from fat

1/4 cup (uncooked) brown rice- 1 fat, 3 protein, 29 carb, 140 cals, 10 from fat.

1 creatine drink- 140 cals 0 from fat, 34 carbs,

3:30-4:30 workout(weights)

4:30- creatine drink- 140 cals, 34 carbs

4:45- protein shake 44 protein, 220 cals 30 from fat, 3 fat, 2 sat fat, 6 carb

5:30

8oz tuna 1.5 fat, 32.5 protein, 0 carb 150 cals 12.5 from fat

7:30 1 chunk of salmon(7-8oz) 22 fat, 40 protein, 364 cals
    1 can of green beans- 90 cals, 17.5 carbs, 0 fat.

9:30 protein shake, 44 protein, 220 cals 30 from fat, 3 fat, 2 sat fat, 6 carb. 2 tblspoons of peanut butter( all natural)- 16 fat, 2.5 sat fat, 7 carb, 7 protein, 200 cals 150 from fat.

Totals=

fat..105.5 (Fat and saturated fat combined)
    carbs..232.5
    Protein..319 protein (not including peanuts because I forgot to write them down and don't have the bottle with me)
    Calories..2584, 491 from fat

I can see after adding this all up that I am over on everything. How much over?? I need you to tell me. I think that I should be aiming for:
    65 fat
    288 protein
    150 carbs
    2000-2200 calories
    Is this accurate?

I also am aware that I need to get some flax seed oil in here as well.

Also, from what I gather,

1- All I need to do is keep my carbs/protein/fat/cals at certain totals for the day and evenly space them out throughout the day to achieve my daily totals.

2- eat protein at EVERY MEAL

3- eat high glycemic carbs, before and after my weight session, other than that, avoind them.

4- achieve my daily totals by eating good clean food. Can I get get my carbs from eating wheat thins, pretzels, nutrigrain bars, doughnuts, cookies, ect, ect?

Am I starting to get the idea?

How are the foods that I ate today, not size wise, but quality wise?

Yeah the #'s you said you should have gotteh are all good. I dont think that much protien is necessary but it cant hurt.

And no dont eat and dounuts ect.

I would also wait an hour after cardio to eat. If you have to eat, dont eat carbs for an hour. your body will still be burning fat to try to get back in a state of energy balance for an hour after the workout because it takes a while for your body ot catch up with the energy you expended. If you though carbs into your blood, that glucagon surge (which is burning fat) will be halted. But its not gonna screw you. you just arnt getting a good portion of the benifit your excersize had to offer you.

But its looking good. This diet/excersie program works!

So I am on the money about balancing the carbs, fat , and protein, throughout the day?

Also, could you explain to me again, why fruits are not a good source of carbs?

The macro's that you are shooting for look good to me. IMO fruits are an ok source of carbs, most people don't like them because they are sugar, but most fruits have a low GI, which I am more interested in. I have used fruits when cutting and been fine, as long as they don't push me over my daily carb intake number. And yes you are on the money for balancing the c/f/p throughout the day you will get better absorbtion and use of your food.

Pain

Great. I want to thank you guys for all your help. Couldn't have done it without your replys!

I am in sure I will have questions in the next couple days or weeks that pop up and I will also post more meal plans.

Thanks again for all the help, You ahve been more than patient and helpful.

Your welcome.

Pain

Originally posted by painintheazz
    IMO fruits are an ok source of carbs, most people don't like them because they are sugar, but most fruits have a low GI, which I am more interested in. I have used fruits when cutting and been fine, as long as they don't push me over my daily carb intake number.
    Pain
    Doesn't the body burn sugar carbs (simple) faster than grains and oats (complex)?

Sugar is bad becuse it spikes the insulin too high or what?

delete
    Last edited by Vibrantred94gt; 03-06-2003 at 08:18 PM.

Ok, I see that 1 cup of cheerios equals and oz, would that be the same for oatmeal?

Do I add saturated fat and fat together for total fat numbers for the day?

Originally posted by Vibrantred94gt

Doesn't the body burn sugar carbs (simple) faster than grains and oats (complex)?

Sugar is bad becuse it spikes the insulin too high or what?
    Your body will burn the carbs it has available at the same pace, just that simple carbs will become available quicker than complex (most complex)

Refined sugar will spike insulin , fruit sugar will not.

Ok, I see that 1 cup of cheerios equals and oz, would that be the same for oatmeal?
    No, a cup is a volumn mesure, oz is a weight measure. It will be different for all foods. To find out look at the package it will say one serving is 1/2 cup then in () it will say the amount in grams.

Do I add saturated fat and fat together for total fat numbers for the day?
    Calorie wise yes. Health wise no.

Pain

Calorie wise yes. Health wise no.

Pain
    I don't understand...( sometimes I am sloooow)!!

Are you saying fat calories and calories should be added together for a total end of day calorie total? I always thought that when something said 200 calories, 150 from fat, that there was 200 total calories and 150 of those were from fat.

Or are you referring to fat grams as calories?? I am lost.

I don't understand...( sometimes I am sloooow)!!

Are you saying fat calories and calories should be added together for a total end of day calorie total? I always thought that when something said 200 calories, 150 from fat, that there was 200 total calories and 150 of those were from fat.

Or are you referring to fat grams as calories?? I am lost.
    Maybe I don't get what you are saying, for total calories you add everything up, Yes your example is correct. Do you mean how they separate the sat fat on the labels?? For the calculation just use the total Fat number, the sat number is there for reference and should be looked at.

Pain

O.k, so the sat fat section is like the calories from fat section. The sat fat number is already included in the fat number, it is just there to show you how much of the fat is sat fat?

Well, today I ate 65.5 fat, 202.5 cars, 324 protein, and 2682.5 calories.

I am cutting some protein in order to bring the calories down some.

O.k, so the sat fat section is like the calories from fat section. The sat fat number is already included in the fat number, it is just there to show you how much of the fat is sat fat?
    YES.

Well, today I ate 65.5 fat, 202.5 cars, 324 <a href="http://www.allsportsnutrition.com/listproducts.php?style=category&value=PROTEIN" target="_blank">protein</a>, and 2682.5 calories.

I am cutting some <a href="http://www.allsportsnutrition.com/listproducts.php?style=category&value=PROTEIN" target="_blank">protein</a> in order to bring the calories down some.
    Yes drop the protein, you don't need that much protein esp since you are getting 200g of carbs.

Pain

ok , thanks.

YES.

Well.....I gues that will help keep my fat count down. I was adding them both together to get a total fat number.

Well.....I gues that will help keep my fat count down. I was adding them both together to get a total fat number.
    Yes that will help.

Pain

I should add the carbs from my creatine drink, right? Man, that is the only reason my carb count is so high. 68 grams a day just from the creatine drink.

Yup, for calories consumed you have to add up every one of them, it doesn't matter when you get them, they are still calories. Some times getting them is better than other times but they are still calories. BTW, try getting just a creatine powder instead of one with all the carbs. Save that one for a bulking or maintance cycle.

Pain

Yea, I was thinking of getting some plain <a href="http://www.allsportsnutrition.com/listproducts.php?style=category&value=CREATINE" target="_blank">creatine</a> powder. Will it still get to my muscles with out the delivery agent....(sugar?)?

I got some stuff called yates pro gf from the yates approved line. It has all the peptides, glucose, amino acids, and 5 grams of <a href="http://www.allsportsnutrition.com/listproducts.php?style=category&value=CREATINE" target="_blank">creatine</a> in it for after a workout. I figured I could take normal <a href="http://www.allsportsnutrition.com/listproducts.php?style=category&value=CREATINE" target="_blank">creatine</a> powder before the gym and an hour later after the gym take the pro gf. It has 22 22 grams of carbs and 22 grams of sugars. Will that be enough for a post workout?

Oh ya, I faound some oat bran granola today but I cannot find anything on a gi index for this. What do you think?

I haven't been able to find anything on granola either for GI values, I love granola but I am assuming it might be a little high. Just a gut feeling. I think you will be fine with 22g of sugar post workout with creatine. I will advise you that creatine doesn't work for me, so I am not the best person to give advice on creatine.

Pain

That sucks creatine doesn't work for you. It has worked good for me so far.

I was thinking the granola woudn't be so bad since it is "OAT BRAN" granola. Oh well, I'll keep looking. This is a perfect thing for me to start my day with. Now If I could just find that perfect breakfast protein I would be set for breakfast!!

EGGS.... I use egg beaters, taste great and the same profile as straight egg whites.

Pain

Egg beaters are cholestoral/heart freindly also...aren't they? And that is good protein?

YUP, they are 99% real egg whites.

Pain

Cool beans!! Egg beaters it is. I'll let ya know If I find a gi for granola.

Yes Please do.

Pain

I don't know why that I would think that egg beaters came in a shell...but I did.

I don't have time to cook in the morning, I was planning on hardboiled eggs. Any other ideas for protein in the morning?

If you are strapped for time a protein shake will be ok.

Pain

hey pain, whats up man? I had a quick ? for ya. When using the G.I. scale, do I use the white bread = 100 or the gluclose = 100 scale?

The gluclose scale has lower numbers. Any Idea on which one most people use or prefer?

Also, if you would like a list of both and a HUGE LIST, check out this link.

http://www.mendosa.com/gilists.htm

Still couldn't find anything on granola though!

Anyway, the link above has alot of info, and for a list that has side by side white bread and glucose comparisons, scroll down the page a little ways untill he talks about his old list that he no longer maintains. Then click on the first link in that paragraph. Let me kow what you think.

I use the gluclose scale, just easier for me to think of it that way. But you can take the White bread scale numbers and times them by .7 and get the gluclose numbers. It is hard to say which one is better they both say the same thing, just different relative to what they base it on. Some people prefer the white bread because it is easier to think of since we eat white bread as apposed to pure sugar. I use the Glucose scale just the way I am.

Pain

BTW, that is a good list I use it when at work or can't find something in my book.

Pain

Thanks for the reply, isn't it like 2:30 in the morning there?

So you already had the list? Man! Just when I thought I could help out on the know it alls!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information