Page 11 of 155 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415162161111 ... LastLast
Like Tree703Likes

Thread: RaginCajun's Daily Log

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Quote Originally Posted by 00ragincajun00 View Post
    WOW! loving houston already!!! went out saturday evening to some white linen deal with some people and had a blast! i met MS TEXAS on the first day!!! hahaha, the beauty pageant one! i can't wait to get settled in and find a place to live. diet has been horrible since i have been on the move but once i get back to a routine, its on! went for a 15 miles bike yesterday and a lil walk. well, got to get to work!
    RC....there are indeed beautiful gals in them parts....so enjoy the eye candy!!!

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    Quote Originally Posted by girlgymrat View Post
    RC....there are indeed beautiful gals in them parts....so enjoy the eye candy!!!
    i will try and post the pic of us and her with the crown on!

diet was not as bad as the past week, but not where i want it to be. i know i keep repeating this, but i can't wait until i can find a place of my own. i am lucky to have a great friend who is letting me crash at their place until i find a place, and i will reward them greatly! i did go ride 10.5 miles and then ran/walked 3.2 miles. i forgot/left my scale in baton rouge, so no weigh-ins for a while.

Twist is offline "AR's Personal Trainer"
    diet was not as bad as the past week, but not where i want it to be. i know i keep repeating this, but i can't wait until i can find a place of my own. i am lucky to have a great friend who is letting me crash at their place until i find a place, and i will reward them greatly! i did go ride 10.5 miles and then ran/walked 3.2 miles. i forgot/left my scale in baton rouge, so no weigh-ins for a while.
    lame

did fasted cardio this morning for 45 minutes, around 3 miles. i am trying to figure out where to live, houston is HUGE! once i figure that out, i can find a gym. the girls i went out with saturday told me that they are members of LA Fitness, so i will have to look into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Twist View Post
    lame
    yes i know! trust me, i will be a brand new animal soon!

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    Tip before waiting too long: Please go out to your local drugstore and get a scale. Waiting to retrieve it? Maybe not the best idea.

Keep having fun but remember all the work you have put in. You want to keep some of that edge in your favor.
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by SlimmerMe View Post
    Tip before waiting too long: Please go out to your local drugstore and get a scale. Waiting to retrieve it? Maybe not the best idea.

Keep having fun but remember all the work you have put in. You want to keep some of that edge in your favor.
    well, its all work right now, no play! i am living with my friend, his wife, and a 2 year old, so i try to stay out of the way for now and let them have a normal family life. don't want to wake the little one up with me banging pans in the kitchen. life is kind of crazy at the moment but it will settle down soon. i will be back in BR in about a month, so i am looking at it as a gauge on how much have i changed.

well twist, after thinking about your 'lame' post, i went to store and bought some good food. after reading on this wonderful website this afternoon, it made me want to eat right.

^^^ Fabulous! Good for you! This is precisely why this place works!
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

^^^ Fabulous! Good for you! This is precisely why this place works!
    yes, it makes you feel bad/mad when eating badly. just reading other people's threads makes me want more out of what i am doing. thanks as always!

Yep......all you have to do is read Base's quote to keep you on the straight and narrow! aka: SHARP!
    Author Unknown

Yep......all you have to do is read Base's quote to keep you on the straight and narrow! aka: SHARP!
    and that is exactly the thread i read!!!! are you spying on me???

^^^ tee hee hee, ya never know.....
    Author Unknown

diet was good today. just got done eating some tilapia, cup of romaine, 5 strawberries, and a lil dressing. all of that was after a 6+ mile run, took 75 minutes. it is hot as hell in texas! temp on my mirror told me 115 today!

^^^ you're back in the game!
    Author Unknown

^^^ you're back in the game!
    i am trying slim, pickin up and moving to a different city is tough, but i am a quick learner!

615 breakfast: cup of cottage cheese, banana, 1/4 cup of ezekiel cereal (cinn raisin) for some texture/crunch. i can tell that i ran a lot last night, legs are a little sore. will be biking it this evening!

930 snack: apple, wasabi peas, beef jerky

1200 lunch: half smoked chicken, cup green beans, cup of black beans and corn

320: apple, wasabi peas, protein bar (not the best, i know)

500: cottage cheese, ezekiel cereal, strawberries

3.2 mile run: i wanted to run more but my right achilles tweaked some at about the 2.8 mile mark yesterday so i shut it down.

800: whole wheat tortilla, shrimp, pico de gallo, fat free sour cream, romaine

had 3 beers also, FOOTBALL was on.
    Last edited by RaginCajun; 08-12-2011 at 07:14 AM.

Twist is offline "AR's Personal Trainer"
    Good to have you back bro. Since the move what are you training for now? Goals or new diet in the near future? Or just getting used to the environment while maintaining what you have?

Quote Originally Posted by Twist View Post
    Good to have you back bro. Since the move what are you training for now? Goals or new diet in the near future? Or just getting used to the environment while maintaining what you have?
    well, getting the bodyfat low (12% or so) is my ultimate goal still. i am still debating on whether i want to do the triathlon in october, now that i am 3 hours or more away from it. houston is HUGE!!!!! it will take some time getting use to this big city, but i know i will like it. i am currently living with my friend and his new family (wife and 2 year old), so my training/eating is a little different right now. should only be there until i can find a place to live, hopefully just a month. now training, i still want to do the endurance workouts (running/cycling) but i want to incorporate some lifting once i find a gym. i want to change up the diet also and add in oats and dairy back in.

TGIF!!!! diet was better yesterday except for the 3 beers i had. i went for a run instead of biking yesterday. on the run, i kind of tweaked my achilles at around the 2.8 mile mark, so i shut it down and walked the rest. the only thing i can contribute to the 'tweak', is too much in a short amount of time. from tuesday-thursday, i did over 12+ miles and i think that my body was not ready for it yet. i should have eased back into the running and not done that 6+ miler on wednesday, but oh well! no pain no gain!!!!! i am looking into getting a guest pass to a gym that is not too far from my friends place so i can start to get back at it. with the move, i am wanting to change some things up. i will be trying to come up with a better cutting diet to adhere to my training. i still want to keep the endurance workouts (running/cycling) but i want to start doing some weights again. now that i live 3+ hours from the triathlon, i am re-thinking it. my ultimate goal is to be ripped to shreds, weight doesn't matter at all. my weight feels the same, right at 180, even though i think i could be a little lighter. my pants that fit nice a month ago, are falling off of me today. i am game to whatever training type and schedule someone offers and diet, even though i know i will have to come up with one. cheers!!!

Changing your location can be a challenge and I know this first hand. It takes creative adjusting. New gym. New grocery stores. New restaurants for good choices. New paths for out the door cardio. New paths for the bike ride. Different people influencing you who are around you. New kitchen.

It seems that once the pattern is set it is easier. And when the pattern gets thrown off, then this is when ya gotta step up and bat even harder.

The key is to keep it as a priority first and foremost. i have to tell myself this each and every single day. All the other stuff has to be second banana.
    Last edited by SlimmerMe; 08-12-2011 at 10:53 AM.
    Author Unknown

Changing your location can be a challenge and I know this first hand. It takes creative adjusting. New gym. New grocery stores. New restaurants for good choices. New paths for out the door cardio. New paths for the bike ride. Different people influencing you who are around you. New kitchen.

It seems that once the pattern is set it is easier. And when the pattern gets thrown off, then this is when ya gotta step up and bat even harder.

The key is to keep it as a priority first and foremost. i have to tell myself this each and every single day. All the other stuff has to be second banana.
    thanks babe for words of wisdom from slim!! i am about to go drive around houston and get lost, so i can navigate around town better. this city is freakin HUGE! baton rouge on juice!! it will take some time to adjust, but i am social butterfly so shouldn't be hard to meet people. just met a guy this morning that fired me up on duck hunting, i said, I"M IN!!!!!!

just fixed an egg white burrito (whole wheat wrap) with some salsa and strawberries on the side. going try to get a guest pass at the gym up the road from where i am staying. i am going to go hit a full body workout and really concentrate on my form when lifting. definitely going to do some deads, squats (my personal fav), and incline dumbbells. i will try to remember the workout and will post it later on.

workout: squats 3 sets 8
    deadlifts 3 sets 10
    T-bar rows 3 sets 10
    incline dumbbells 3 sets 10
    kettlebell swings 4 sets 12

i am going to be sore tomorrow! after workout, i had 900 cals, 36g protein, 9g fat, 90g carbs. it consisted of spicy tuna roll with brown rice and avocado. off to go get lost and apartment shop
    Last edited by RaginCajun; 08-13-2011 at 11:31 AM.

i went to that fancy ass gym again today and did a full body workout again. did a 10 min warmup, then 10 burpees, 4 sets of 12 kettlebell swings, 3 sets of doing squat thrusters with a 25lb plate on a bosu ball, 3 sets 10 of lat pulldowns, 3 sets of 10 biceps curls. i cooked dinner for the family i am staying with, new york strip, baked sweet potato fries, and a raw spinach salad w/ strawberries and walnuts.

i went to that fancy ass gym again today and did a full body workout again. did a 10 min warmup, then 10 burpees, 4 sets of 12 kettlebell swings, 3 sets of doing squat thrusters with a 25lb plate on a bosu ball, 3 sets 10 of lat pulldowns, 3 sets of 10 biceps curls. i cooked dinner for the family i am staying with, new york strip, baked sweet potato fries, and a raw spinach salad w/ strawberries and walnuts.
    dinner sounds lovely..fattening but nice...surprised the baby could chew down the steak...LOL!!

RC...did i fail to mention that the fancy ass gym workout wasn't bad...not bad at all.....ROTFL

Quote Originally Posted by girlgymrat View Post
    RC...did i fail to mention that the fancy ass gym workout wasn't bad...not bad at all.....ROTFL
    it wasn't so much a fancy workout, just a fancy gym! the gym is brand new and they had open house over the weekend so i checked it out. it is really nice but i don't think that i will be living around that area once i find a place. and i am sore as shit!!!

started of the day with a good breakfast, oatmeal pancakes (without protein powder). i need to go buy some more protein powder but i am trying to decide which one to get. i really need to get a place ASAP, it will help me get in a routine that is badly needed. i am thinking that i want to switch everything up and go with a new workout plan and diet. moving definitely takes some getting use to!

As long as you stay on the side of good choices you will be fine and dandy. It can be a real challenge while moving. Keep reminding yourself to TRUST YOURSELF.
    Author Unknown

As long as you stay on the side of good choices you will be fine and dandy. It can be a real challenge while moving. Keep reminding yourself to TRUST YOURSELF.
    yes, slim, it is a challenge that i can wait to topple. i can hear you and the rest of the members in my ear each time i eat! thanks and stay on my ass, i need it!
    Last edited by RaginCajun; 08-15-2011 at 08:37 PM.

after reading slim's thread (a more than motivational thread) i purchased some gogi berries and cocoa (100% cocoa only ingredient). i looked for some spiriluna(sp) but was unable to find some. ran 3.5 miles this evening in the texas heat! dinner was baked tilapia, baked sweet potato fries, and raw spinach salad. i am about to go maul some cottage cheese, cocoa, and cinnamon.
    Last edited by RaginCajun; 08-15-2011 at 08:37 PM.

morning breakfast: oatmeal pancake with gogi berries and cocoa. i also topped the pancake with a little cottage cheese and a tablespoon of sugar-free syrup.

after reading slim's thread (a more than motivational thread) i purchased some gogi berries and cocoa (100% cocoa only ingredient). i looked for some spiriluna(sp) but was unable to find some. ran 3.5 miles this evening in the texas heat! dinner was baked tilapia, baked sweet potato fries, and raw spinach salad. i am about to go maul some cottage cheese, cocoa, and cinnamon.
    morning breakfast: oatmeal pancake with gogi berries and cocoa. i also topped the pancake with a little cottage cheese and a tablespoon of sugar-free syrup.
    THANK YOU 00CAJUN! So nice to hear! And you beat me to the gogi berrie and the cocoa!!!....YOU ARE FAST! But I already knew that!
    How do the berries taste? and how did you prepare them? like Phate said in water overnight? I don't even know what they look like!
    Have you ever tried some plain greek yogurt on top of your pancake with some splenda sprinkled? yummy~
    Author Unknown

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Sounds tasty as hell, but protein-light. Or, does the pancake already contain protein powder?

^^^ wouldn't egg whites and hopefully he has cottage cheese in the batter too, be enough protein? or not? or do we need more? if so? I need to ramp up my protein too on oat pancake day~
    Author Unknown

^^^ wouldn't egg whites and hopefully he has cottage cheese in the batter too, be enough protein? or not? or do we need more? if so? I need to ramp up my protein too on oat pancake day~
    I guess it depends on how much protein is in that meal, how much you (collectively) require daily, how much is in your other meals, etc. i.e. the answer won't be the same for everybody.

That said, I made the comment without realizing egg whites were in the batter. I'm sure it's fine.

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    Sounds tasty as hell, but protein-light. Or, does the pancake already contain protein powder?
    it doesn't but it will as soon as i order some. i know that i have not been getting enough protein in lately and i can feel it. staying sore for too long. protein powder, i am trying to figure out what kind to get. i see that you use myofusion. i may have to try it once i get paid. money is tight at the moment with the move and such so trying to budget everything out.
    Last edited by RaginCajun; 08-16-2011 at 10:13 AM.

i know that i require more protein and can tell that i have not been getting enough lately. the move has me in a penny pinch for now, but that will all change in two weeks!

it doesn't but it will as soon as i order some. i know that i have not been getting enough protein in lately and i can feel it. staying sore for too long. protein powder, i am trying to figure out what kind to get. i see that you use myofusion. i may have to try it once i get paid. money is tight at the moment with the move and such so trying to budget everything out.
    Don't stress, you'll be fine. Do the best you can with your current situation. As long as you're eating in general, you shouldn't be losing much if any muscle. Myofusion is decent - not the best, but a compromise of taste, quality, and cost.

Thread Information