Page 3 of 155 FirstFirst 123456781353103 ... LastLast
Like Tree703Likes

Thread: RaginCajun's Daily Log

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    thanks bro. and yes, i do need to hit it harder! yes, my genetics with fat storage are bad. its bad on both sides of family.

new diet will look like this. i will place food and macros in later. want to see at least if i am putting the right foods (pro/fat meals vs pro/carb meals) in the right places. looking on baseline's maintenance thread, it puts me right around 2250 cals, which averages to around 320 cals/meal. trying to figure out the ratio. with me going for cardio (keep triathlon in mind) not bodybuilding, should i do 40/40/20 or 45/35/20? or what do the gurus suggest?

meal 1- protein/carb

swim

meal 2- protein/carb

meal 3- protein/fat

meal 4- protein/fat

meal 5- protein/carb

run/bike/or both

meal 6- protein/carb

meal 7- protein/fat

meal 8- protein (optional)
    Last edited by RaginCajun; 04-07-2011 at 01:53 PM.

tbody66 is offline Anabolic Member
    40/45/15

thanks tbody! do the meals look right with the pro/fat and pro/carb? i will come up with some type of diet over the weekend. went buy groceries last night so that i can prepare for fueling next week.

weight down to 182.8 lbs today! i was expecting to be back at 186 today. i am still thinking it is water but who knows. i have eaten really good this week and plan to keep at it! i went do a 4.2 mile run yesterday evening, took me 42 minutes. my legs felt tired the whole time, i guess that is due to the work i had put them thru the previous day. i sprinted the last 300 yards and almost fell out when i was thru. felt real good to have exerted that much energy. today is my off day but i plan on doing some core exercises.

and with that 40/45/15 split, would i be able to substitute more fruit for carbs? or should i just stick to sweet pots, brown rice, wheat pasta? the reason i ask is that fruits have more vitamin C in it and loads of more potassium. i am thinking along the lines of rehydrating and electrolytes.

As much as you train/cardio/run/swim etc... I'd think it would be fine (whole fruits of course no juice)

gotcha. i don't drink juices or anything to matter. only ingest water and on occasion, 8 oz of skim or soy milk for shakes. the fruits would be strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, apples, bananas, and oranges.

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    Keep it up! The shopping list is a bit different I bet~

Quote Originally Posted by SlimmerMe View Post
    Keep it up! The shopping list is a bit different I bet~
    oh yes darlin! whole bunch of chicken, oats, wheat pasta, cauliflower (plan on making a mash), cottage cheese, albacore tuna (only fish i will buy in store, rather go out and catch my fish) baby spinach, head of romaine, onions, bell peppers, shallots, natty peanut butter (ground peanuts), egg whites, and stuff to make baseline's salad dressing. well, outta the office for the weekend!

Hit it hard, hear from you monday!

well i had great weekend! no kidnapping this weekend, but it was fun. on saturday morning i went run 4.2 miles in 42 min. it was really humid and i must have sweated at least a gallon bucket of water! after that, i proceeded to head to new orleans for french quarter fest! it is more or less a free festival with great food and great live music all over the french quarter. i had a friend who was in the crawfish eating contest. he lost the "black widow"! she is the professional eater that you see on TV. she weighs about 100lbs and ate more weight than 10 grown men. she was eating shells and everything! i would hate to be her rear end!!! needless to say, i must have walked over 6 miles over the course of the evening. its monday and my calves are sore, walked around in flip flops all day. and no, i was not on bourbon street! on sunday, i took it easy and went lay out at my mom's house by the pool and now i am burnt! but not burnt too bad, it doesn't hurt.

today, i woke up and pissed excellence! cooked some oatmeal pancakes then went hit the pool for 800yds in 30 minutes. i still am getting frustrated in the pool. i have been at it for a while with swimming and it feels as if it is not getting easier. my technique is getting better so hopefully something will click soon. i plan on going swimming for the next 3 mornings to try to get my endurance up some more. i forgot to weigh myself this morning so i have no clue where i am sitting right now. i am thinking about 185, but i will see tomorrow.
    Last edited by RaginCajun; 04-12-2011 at 08:19 AM.

well i was right with my weight, this morning, 185.0 lbs. i am fine with the weight as i knew it was going to come up some. i wanted to go ride yesterday evening, but the rain messed that up. i wound up cooking my meals for the week yesterday evening. i went for a quick swim this morning, 800 yds in 20 minutes. i was 10 minutes faster than yesterday! i felt good in the pool this morning. trying to figure out if i am going to run this evening or bike. i am doing the crescent city classic 10k in nola next weekend so i need to do one run this week of at least 6 miles.

so far, i have eaten two big oatmeal pancakes (with strawberries/blackberries in it), one before swim (545am)and one after (800am), a banana and an orange (900am). i will be having chicken and wheat pasta, with a tomato sauce that i made from mainly vegetables (1015am). i calculated the cals at around 400 per container. i will be watching how my body reacts to the amount and type of carbs i am taking in this week.

thanks for the detailed account of everything. I am looking forward to how your body responds to this training and diet program.

I love to swim too~ And eat pancakes~

I love to swim too~ And eat pancakes~
    swweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!! i swam competitive when i was a young child, and now trying to get back down to my speedo physique!

i had an ok lunch. some rep brought us lunch so i had the burger patty (prob 80/20), lettuce/tomato, and a pickle. i am about to go eat some more chicken n pasta to get ready for my ride this evening at around 530. i did some number crunching while i had some time and my 40/45/15 split, comes out to 225g protein, 253g carbs, and 37g of fat. the total calories for the day is around 2300 (from baseline's numbers). i think i usually burn around 300 cals in the pool, but its hard to tell because my HR monitor flips out sometimes and gives me a high reading. i am starting to cardio(run/bike) in the evening as well but sometimes i tend to over eat after a workout. this is one of my downfalls along with the weekends. i will try to get that straightened out, its a mental/stomach thing!

Your stomach is mental? So are most of ours who are on a diet.

yes, my stomach has a mind of its own!

woke up, pissed excellence once again! weighed in at 184 today. yesterday, i forgot to mention that i drink a carb/electrolyte drink while i swim and before i run. it has 22g carbs/serving and i didn't include that yesterday in my blog. i also forgot the cup of coffee but i drink it black. i may have to scale back on the fruit but i will do this for a week and see what happens. i had a decent run yesterday evening, did 4.8 miles in 52 minutes. i looked at my HR monitor after it stated that i burned around 750 cals. i say that is pretty close and it felt like more! i started cramping up about the 4.4 mile mark, legs just weren't having it! later that night, i did some more extracurricular cardio!!! she hadn't seen me in over a month and was giving me some compliments on my progress. she said that she can tell that i am losing fat. i just have to keep on keeping on with this, and see where i can get my body at. all in all, i burned over 1000 calories for the day!

i went on a swim this morning, did 1000 yards in 30 minutes. i still can not do over 400 yards straight, but i know it will happen soon. i need to get a good warmup routine together. i usually just get after it and get it over with, and sometimes burn out pretty fast. i will work on a doing something this evening before i go biking and see if it helps. diet will be just like yesterday but without the burger for lunch. i also made baseline's salad dressing but put my own twist to it. props to baseline for coming up with that recipe, it is delicious! my doctors are all out of town for the rest of the week so easy does it over here!

jump rope for a warm up?

Quote Originally Posted by tbody66 View Post
    jump rope for a warm up?
    i will try that today. thanks!

let me know how it goes.

well tbody, your gonna be mad, i forgot my rope before my bike! but, i did do some burpees before i jumped on my bike. i think it helped some. i put the rope in my truck this morning so no more excuses!

my bike went well yesterday, even though i could feel the burn in my calves from the run on the previous day. biked for 13 miles, took me an hour. diet was on yesterday and will be on again today. went for a 1000 yd swim this morning, took me 24 minutes to complete. i felt good afterwards and next week i plan on getting up a little earlier so that i can do more! i am thinking i may do a small brick this afternoon, prob do a 5 mile bike and 2 mile run. my legs are real tight today so a good warmup is imperative this afternoon. friday is my off day from training but it will be a busy one.

all is forgiven, I just wanna see some results, so no more excuses!

it felt great to sleep in this morning and i think my body needed it. yesterday evening i did a small brick. i rode for 7 miles then hit the pavement for a mile. i am disappointed in myself because i stopped at a mile. i think if i would have walked some to let my legs rest, i could have gone further. all in all, it was a great workout, took me 42 minutes to do. i will be trying to cut some of the carbs out of my diet for today since i am not training. i weighed 184 today and i thought it was going to be heavier. i feel heavier but am starting to look leaner. i still have a long road ahead of me and i am excited to see what lurks towards the end. i have a wedding in new orleans tomorrow so i know that i will be drinking. i guess you can call it my cheat day but i will be either going run/bike/swim tomorrow morning. on sunday, i am going watch my bud compete in the 1/2 ironman in new orleans. he is in great shape, four years ago he was 230 pounds and today he is 167. he has been helping me with my training and is staying on my ass!

sounds good, except the drinking part. let us know how it goes.

sounds good, except the drinking part. let us know how it goes.
    yes i know, the drinking part. i don't plan on over doing it like that past two weekends. the past two weeks i could have drown myself in the amount of alcohol i drank. not an all day affair. after the wedding on saturday, it looks like i am going catch some live jazz/blues music in Nola!

Sounds like you have a champagne challenge too! A wedding? in New Orleans? I can guarantee it~

Stay safe and keep drinking water along with it.

I don't drink at all, the food would be the challange for me, I'd want to try everything! Of course crawfish is great for you, like all shellfish, and with a sensible broth and veggies(of course the holy trinity included) I might do allright.

weight 185. feel great! went for an 800 yd swim this morning, it took me 30 minutes to do. it was an ok swim, my energy level just wasn't there for some reason. i am still ahead of the schedule that i am following on the distances. it only called for a 400 yd swim and i did double. i am hoping to swim one mile in one swim session this week. i am trying to figure out which day to do it in. i am going bike this evening, probably going to do 12+ miles. i have the crescent city classic 10k race this weekend so that will be my long run for the week. i am trying to figure out my training schedule for the week and will have it done by the end of the day.

i had a great weekend! on saturday morning, i did a nice brick workout. i did a 10.5 mile bike, and a 4 mile run right after. while riding my bike, i went to go jump thru this ditch, and found a cypress knee with my toe! it almost thru me off of my bike! i thought that i broke my whole foot! i couldn't feel my toes at all. i just keep on riding and then i told myself, i have to look at it. i took off my shoe and found a bloody second toe. i was pissed!!! so i rode back to my truck and put the bike up. i still couldn't feel my toes, so i then said 'F' it, and hit the pavement. i ran two miles straight and then my legs started cramping up, so i then walked about a half mile. i didn't feel tired at the time either, only my legs. once i felt like my legs could take it, i took off again. the four mile run took me about 45 minutes to do, even with the walk. later on that day was the wedding where i was on my feet all day/night long. my toe, was throbbing all night and it hindered my dancing for the night! today, it is a nice purple color but it doesn't really hurt a whole lot unless i bump it on something. i will be testing it this evening, and no pain, no gain!

well, i did not do the 12+ miles that i wanted to do yesterday. only did 8. i think i have food poisoning! i have not eaten anything since lunch yesterday. we had a rep bring us lunch, fried chicken, so i went to the cafeteria next door and grabbed a baked piece. about 230-3 yesterday, i started to feel nauseated. i did not eat my preworkout meal prior to jumping on my bike, so i had zero energy on the bike. i was hoping that catching a sweat would make me feel better, but it didn't. on the ride, i threw my guts out. it sucked! once i got home, i tried to drink some gatorade to help with the electrolyte loss, and threw that up. at that point, i was pissed and felt like dog ass, so i figured i would try and lay down for the night. i was up every hour of the night, either i had the chills or i was sweating. it sucked bad! i was able to stomach about half a protein shake this morning, so hopefully i will be able to stomach some food through out the day. i guess today will be my off day to get my body back to normal. my weight was 183 today, no food in me what so ever.

it's always something. Sorry to hear this, you'll be back and you'll be fine. A business here in town flew in 1000 lbs of crawfish from Loisiana yesterday for an open house celebration, I ate my share and had three bowls of red beans and rice with sausage.

yes tbody, it is always something with me! don't know why, just has always been this way so i just accept it and move on. it is prime time crawfish season right now. they are all really nice in size. if you want, i may be able to hook you up with a guy who can ship them to you. do you want to laugh, we took a sack of crawfish as our carry on luggage to a friend's house in georgia! people were looking at us like we were crazy!!!!

well i am back to feeling normal again. the first real meal i ate was at 5 pm yesterday evening and i was able to eat again later on in the evening. i did not go swim this morning, as i wanted to fuel up for a good run this evening. i plan on doing 6 miles after work this evening. my weight is the same as yesterday, 183. i can tell that i have been getting leaner, my suit that i wore to the wedding over the weekend was a little big in the britches.

dude, it's not just always something with you, it's always something with all of us, read my thread and GB's thread and Slimmer's thread and, and, and, and, and..... fill in the blank. Life happens, but we make smarter choices than most and move forward, one step at a time.

dude, it's not just always something with you, it's always something with all of us, read my thread and gb's thread and slimmer's thread and, and, and, and, and..... Fill in the blank. Life happens, but we make smarter choices than most and move forward, one step at a time.
    so we all all in good company!!!

since I included your name the rest of us came into good company when you entered the arena.

so we all all in good company!!!
    well i appreciate the fact that i am included with all of your names!

i had an ok run yesterday. i did 7 miles, but it took me 80 minutes to do. it was really hot yesterday and i cramped up on miles 2-4. just some stomach cramps, so i had to walk some. when i was thru, the only thing that felt tired was my calves. the shoes i have are really light and that was the furthest distance i have ran in them so far. over all, i was happy with my run and i burned about a 1000 calories. that will be my last long run before the crescent city classic 10k. i am shooting for under 70 minutes in it. my diet was good yesterday and my weight today is 182.4 lbs. i can tell that i am losing some muscle as i have not hit weights in forever, but i am definitely losing fat along with it. i wish my progress was quicker, but i am happy with it so far. i am hoping that i do not go over board this weekend on the food side of things. tomorrow, i have 3 crawfish boils to attend but do not plan on drinking tomorrow. now saturday after the race, is a totally different story. on sunday, lent will be over and i will be able to have sweets again! this is where i will have to have some discipline.

Quote Originally Posted by 00ragincajun00 View Post
    i had an ok run yesterday. i did 7 miles, but it took me 80 minutes to do. it was really hot yesterday and i cramped up on miles 2-4. just some stomach cramps, so i had to walk some. when i was thru, the only thing that felt tired was my calves. the shoes i have are really light and that was the furthest distance i have ran in them so far. over all, i was happy with my run and i burned about a 1000 calories. that will be my last long run before the crescent city classic 10k. i am shooting for under 70 minutes in it. my diet was good yesterday and my weight today is 182.4 lbs. i can tell that i am losing some muscle as i have not hit weights in forever, but i am definitely losing fat along with it. i wish my progress was quicker, but i am happy with it so far. i am hoping that i do not go over board this weekend on the food side of things. tomorrow, i have 3 crawfish boils to attend but do not plan on drinking tomorrow. now saturday after the race, is a totally different story. on sunday, lent will be over and i will be able to have sweets again! this is where i will have to have some discipline.
    Hmmmmmmmmmmmm...............

GOOD LUCK~ I am very familiar with this one!

Maybe you should practice lent all year! Let's get some current pics up too.

i will try and get some new pics taken soon. well since i have joined this site, i have had more discipline when it comes to things like sweets. i use to have a big cup of ice cream almost every night, now, i would much rather have the protein shakes that i have been making. i will have to look at it as more of a reward for hard work. damn, its like being a child all over again!

Thread Information