Page 2 of 155 FirstFirst 12345671252102 ... LastLast
Like Tree703Likes

Thread: RaginCajun's Daily Log

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    weekend update: i had a fantastic weekend! friday evening, went on a 5 mile stroll with my bud's black lab. weighed in at 186.6 on saturday. that morning i took the lab on a 4.2 mile jog around the lakes by the local college campus, especially by sorority roe! that evening, i took another walk along the river with him and did about 3.5 miles. Sunday, weighed in at 187.0. went hit the lakes with the dog again and had a 4.2 mile jog. went to little get together on sunday evening and i ate my ass off! i just keep picking at all the foods. couldn't tell you what i ate, because it was so much! monday morning, 190.0! i never would have thought the scale would say that number. i feel sluggish today after all the running over the weekend so i am hoping to have some energy when i go do my back workout this evening. if my body is telling me to rest, i may rest this evening. i have two bachelor parties coming up this month, one of them will be by the beach, so i am hoping to drop some girth fast. i am thinking of throwing out the carbs on non workout days, even though i need to eat better on the weekends. i am hoping the recent gain is muscle and water. i can gain real easy, both muscle and fat. the beach bachelor party is exactly a month away, so i am in a small sprint for this one even though overall, i know it will be a marathon.

weighed 189.2 today. i ate my ass off yesterday! i have to stop eating so much and get back to being strict. i will fix it during the week. i went for a 45 min swim this morning. didn't swim the whole 45, but did the majority. well, as most of you are not aware, it is carnival season down here! which means mardi gras is next week! i have my home town parade on this saturday so i know that there will be no gym and no diet! will be in nola on sunday for the bacchus bash, which is another long day of partying. i have to be back to work on that monday but only half of the day. so, i know that i can't expect great results when i will have this going on, but i am ok with that. i also have 3 weddings in april, so i will be busy as hell the next two months straight, not to mention poor!!!!

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Life happens man, nobody knows that better then me. Just read my log thread and you'll see what I mean.

Don't worry about the overnight weight gain as it's mostly water and temporary. Hit it hard all week, try to minimize damages on the weekends and do your very best, without letting it depress you and ultimately causing you to crash.

gb, what you say is all to true. i really don't get depressed, not that type of person. the goals i had set out are not reached, but i don't care. i have this whole year in front of me. and my motto for the year is "GET SHIT DONE IN THE ONE ONE!" i am 29 and i am in better shape now than i was 10 years ago. i may have been stronger, but i would whoop my young self's ass right now! i am shooting for that offroad triathlon in the middle of may and i will do it! training is tough, especially the swimming but it is all going to come together with time and hard work!

weighed in at 188.0 this morning. i went on a 40 minute ride yesterday on my mtn bike after work. i am really enjoying this endurance training. its new to me. i have always trained for speed and power. i played football and powerlifted in college, so i always trained my fast-twitch muscle fibers. in high school, i really couldn't run a mile, now, i can run about 5 without stopping. this is the year that i make the transformation that i have been looking for and with help from people on this board, especially gb (only one chiming in, HA!), i will make it happen! really looking forward to the weekend, mardi gras is so much fun!!!!!!!!!

Twist is offline "AR's Personal Trainer"
    Hey bro I finally got a free second. How about you update me with all your stats, current diet (with macros), workout routine, and short term goals? Also post a pic and if you can't pm me and I will give you my email so you can send it there. Maybe I can post it up for you if it lets me. Pm me when you do everything previously mentioned and we will get started.

just noticed page one GB fixed up your diet. Is there anything left to do or did GB sort you out?
    Last edited by Twist; 03-03-2011 at 01:06 AM. Reason: ps

gb has me headed in the right direction. i just need to stay more disciplined to diet. just have a full plate right now with weddings and bachelor parties. today my weight is 188.0. i went hit golf balls yesterday evening for about 45 minutes straight. have to start practicing, going play in biloxi in a few weeks for bachelor party #1, so have to bring my A game! i plan on doing a 4+ mile run this evening, and then going have a few beverages with some friends for podna's bday. i have work on friday but only til twelve so it won't be too bad. i know that i will be consuming a lot of alcohol within the next 4 days, so i understand that i may gain some weight. but, i am ready for kick ass mardi gras! hopefully i will make it out of the this week alive!

Quote Originally Posted by 00ragincajun00 View Post
    gb has me headed in the right direction. i just need to stay more disciplined to diet. just have a full plate right now with weddings and bachelor parties. today my weight is 188.0. i went hit golf balls yesterday evening for about 45 minutes straight. have to start practicing, going play in biloxi in a few weeks for bachelor party #1, so have to bring my A game! i plan on doing a 4+ mile run this evening, and then going have a few beverages with some friends for podna's bday. i have work on friday but only til twelve so it won't be too bad. i know that i will be consuming a lot of alcohol within the next 4 days, so i understand that i may gain some weight. but, i am ready for kick ass mardi gras! hopefully i will make it out of the this week alive!
    haha have fun bro

had a shitty run yesterday. only did 3.5 miles in 39 minutes. i felt like dog ass the entire time. i have asthma so it was very difficult to breathe yesterday evening. the pollen is everywhere and i am allergic to it, sucks! so this is usually the time of the year that kills my running. weighed in at 185.6 today. i have no clue how it is that low, i drank about 6-7 beers last night and did not eat well. prob just water. well i will be giving the old body hell this weekend.

well, i made it thru mardi gras, sort of. have some new bumps and bruises, but nothing that won't heal with time. definitely still feel run down. i haven't weighed myself since my last post so have no clue exact weight. yesterday was the first day back in the swing of things. i did a 10 mile bike in 30 minutes and then did a 1.5 mile run in 12 minutes. i wanted to push longer on the run, but i was too hungry to keep going. i am feeling a lil sick today due to all the pollen in the air which is killing my sinuses and asthma. i went for a swim this morning, did 550 yards. i would like to go do something this evening, but i will see how my body is feeling whenever i get home.

today i weighed in at 187lbs. right where i knew i would be. i think i have a little cold coming on so i may back off some but the weather down here is glorious at the moment! i am pretty sure it is my allergies which sucks because it induces my asthma. i use my inhaler, but it doesn't fully help. i still have some miles to log on the bike and feet, so i probably won't rest! i have some bushes to trim when i get off work today, so i will be getting some exercise in. and take the pun however ya want!

i had a busy weekend. feeling sluggish today so i am taking the day off. on saturday morning, i rode my bike for 52 minutes and then immediately did a 1.5 mile run in 12 minutes. after that, i stayed on my feet for the next 8 hours, but i ate like shit! didn't eat any fast food or anything, just ate bad things. on sunday, i did a 4.1 mile run in 45 minutes. diet was bad again on sunday and i will fix this problem. i am having some allergy issues, so it sucks to train hard because of my asthma. i am trying to push thru it!

oh yeah forgot to mention. i will be working on the diet thing a lot more. the weekends will get iffy with the alcohol, but i gave up pizza, ice cream, and sweets for lent. pizza and ice cream are the hard ones. it is like putting kim kardashian in front of you buck ass naked and telling you can look, but can't touch, lick, taste, ......you get the picture.

today i weighed in at 191! bout what i expected after the weekend of eating bad. i am back on track, until the weekend comes! i am heading to biloxi for a bachelor party on friday, so trying to jam all my training in a few days. we are playing golf of saturday so i will get some exercise from that, and the 12 oz curls. i went for a 900yd swim this morning. don't know how long it took it me, just did it. i am getting better at the swimming, but still have to work harder at it. i think i am going to have to start swimming 3 days a week. the tri i am doing is only a 800yd swim, but i cannot do it consecutively YET! the tri is on sunday, may 15th, so i do have some time to train. i prepared all my meals this week, so no excuses during the week! oh, i failed to mention that it is crawfish season down here! come come get ya some!!!!!!

didn't weigh in today. yesterday evening i went bike for 30 minutes, did 6.3 miles. i have eaten really good the past couple of days and plan to keep it up as best as possible. went for a 600 yd swim this morning, and it sucked! i felt sluggish, mainly because my allergies are getting out of control! its just that time of the year for me, always happens. i will just have to fight thru it like always. i am going hit some golf balls on the range this evening because i am going play this saturday with some old friends. i should be out there for a few hours, so it should be a great workout. we are all really competitive and they love to gamble. i figure i need to sharpen my skills up some because i know these guys are going to want to bet, and i hate to lose! not a sore loser, just hate being 2nd! its a ricky bobby complex i guess!

i am trying to get some pictures up here, having a hard time. when i put a pic from my iphone to my avi, it flips the image. it is upright when i open the image on my computer, but whenever i upload it to the website, it rotates it. i guess i am going to have to sign up for a photobucket account or something. the pics i have are from a couple of weeks ago. i am trying to get some more taken soon.

happy st. patty's day! i weighed myself this morning and i am 188. diet has been good this week, haven't strayed. giving up sweets and stuff for lent is definitely helping me. i stayed on the driving range for almost 2 hours. i hit until my fingers blistered, which sucks, but i needed the practice. i went swimming again this morning, did 800 yards. that is 2300 yards for the week! i did more this week than all of last year combined! i am enjoying the swimming, but it is still tough as hell! i was hoping for it to get a little easier, but it hasn't. i plan on getting a run in this evening, at least 4 miles. i hate to say it, but i might go out for a few pints tonight.

TGIF!!!! did not weigh myself today, gonna try to not be so concerned with weight numbers. i did run 4.1 miles in 45 minutes yesterday with a piss break. i felt bad on the run, couldn't breathe and calves started cramping up. i am headed to biloxi in about an hour and i am going to try not to over do it, with the drinking and eating that is. next week i will strive for greater distances and time with running, biking, and swimming!

well, i made it thru the weekend without any major damage. i still feel tired but planning to go ride this evening. i may even run a mile after finishing. i will push myself hard this week and hope to further my distances

Gotta stay consistent my friend. I notice that when you stay on track, even for short periods, good things happen. How bad do you want this? Focus.

twist, you are so right. i just have a lot going on right now with weddings. that will be over in a month. i really do need to focus more, its the weekends that kill me. thanks for staying on my ass!

yesterday evening i went for an 8 mile bike (40 min), then immediately did a 2 mile jog (20 min). my legs felt somewhat tired, but i finished it. this morning, i did a 600 yd swim. the swim did not feel good at all. my stomach ached the entire time. i ate my normal breakfast before i went and waited about 45 minutes before i got started. maybe i just needed to have a BM.

for my training, i am following a sprint triathlon plan for 10 weeks. i am doing all the distances and times that are scheduled, but doing twice the amount of yards on the swim each time. i am hoping to be able to swim for 250 yards consecutively by the end of next week. works getting backed up, so gotta run!

yesterday evening, i worked in the yard for 2 hours after work, so that was a good workout in itself. i chose to sleep in this morning but i am going hit the bike this evening and shooting for 15+ miles, or 1.5 hours. i may have to start incorporating some speed training as well as strength training back in my schedule soon. i am really missing hitting the iron!!! just hard to train for endurance when your sore all the time. i am enjoying the endurance training and hopefully the swimming will start to get easier!

feeling good today! i went ride yesterday evening and did 14.6 miles in 1.5 hours. it was a tough ride, very windy. i hit the pool this morning for 1000 yards, it took me 30 minutes. i felt good in the pool, no cramps or anything to that matter. i finally reached 250 yards consecutively! i have been eating good this week, still having trouble with my evening pre-workout meal. i usually eat at least 30-45 minutes before going do my evening workout (which is either a bike, run, or both), and i am belching up whatever i ate before it. yesterday, i waited about an hour before i rode, and 30 minutes into my bike, i started belching. my pre-workout meal usually consists of ever oats plus protein shake, or brown rice with some sort of lean protein. i also am drinking Amino Energy from ON during my bike, and before my runs. wouldn't mind some insight on some other pre-workout meals.

well yall, i think i finally have some pics uploaded. i know i know, took long enough. the pics are from a month ago. http://s1118.photobucket.com/albums/...0ragincajun00/ here is the link, i guess it will work. i am going to get some new pics taken so that i can compare and yall can critique. what BF% would yall say i am at? i think 20%.

i feel a lil sluggish today, so i am taking today off. but, its on for the weekend! i plan to go ride some bike trails over here. i have never been so it should be good shit! i am planning one long bike day and one long run day. still trying to get my diet right. when i say right, i mean, me being more disciplined!

i had a great weekend! on saturday, i went to the local mountain bike park that i never knew existed and think found another hobby. i wouldn't necessarily call it mountains, but there are some wild jumps and drops. i rode for over 20+ miles and it was tough as hell. my hands were hurting from gripping so hard and my legs haven't had a workout like that in years. i was on my last lap when all of a sudden, my quads locked out! i had to bail off the bike and landed in the woods. from there, i tried to stretch out my quads, which were locked straight out! i hadn't felt that much pain in quite some time. i was stuck on the ground and could hardly bend my legs at the knee. i haven't had cramps like that since freshman football! in those 20+ miles, i burned over 1500 cals. my body is feeling the pounding from the trail and bike. i have bruises all over the place from where i hit trees and what not. i pushed my body to the limit out there and loved every minute of it, can't wait to go again. on sunday, i woke up and went run for 4.2 miles. it took me right at 45 minutes to do. after that, i went to the parents house for a crawfish boil and then went take the boat out on the lake. all in all, fantastic weekend that will be followed up by a fun one! heading to destin, florida, for a bachelor party on thursday. we have 24 of us going! WILD!

took it easy yesterday. my legs are sore from the cramping that i ensued on saturday. i forgot to set my alarm to go swimming this morning, so pissed off already! i plan on going do about 1.5 hours of cardio broken up into 3 sessions. its looking like rain this evening so i will be going do some circuit training and HIIT on the treadmill. really pissed about not setting my alarm! its already set for tomorrow, so no excuses!

i am fired up today! definitely do not want to be at work! i will be in route to the beach at this time tomorrow! today is much better than yesterday. i woke up at 5, only to hear thunder and what sounded like a monsoon! so, i hit the snooze button. sprang up on the next alarm. i was so pissed about not going swim yesterday, that i was not about to let that happen again. i woofed down two slices of ezekial bread w/ natty pb and sugar free preserves, and some AMINO ENERGY from ON. once i arrived at the gym, nobody was in the pool (mind you it is an indoor pool), and i saw no lifeguard. i was starting to get pissed off again when someone came out of the office and said it will be about 10 minutes before you can swim. i was like, thank you! i ripped of 350 straight yards, took a break, then finished up for a total of 800 yards in 24 minutes. i felt pretty good in the water this morning. once i got to work, i ate 4 egg whites, 3 slices turkey bacon, and a banana. i also ran 2 miles yesterday evening in 17 minutes. i hope to take some more pics soon, so that yall can see if i am progressing, or need to step it up! well, i hope to make it back from the bachelor party!!!!!

well i made it back, barely! bachelor party was insane! i got kidnapped saturday night from some local girls that went to a sex party before going out. i wish i could get kidnapped more often!

i definitely put my body thru hell! drank a whole of beer and did not do a whole lot of eating. i weighed 184 this morning, but i know it is all water weight. i still feel like dog ass today. just need to catch up on some sleep. taking today off from training as my body needs to recoup. i am the laugh of the office today, i have a damn hickie on my neck!!!!!!

SlimJoe is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 00ragincajun00 View Post
    well i made it back, barely! bachelor party was insane! i got kidnapped saturday night from some local girls that went to a sex party before going out. i wish i could get kidnapped more often!

i definitely put my body thru hell! drank a whole of beer and did not do a whole lot of eating. i weighed 184 this morning, but i know it is all water weight. i still feel like dog ass today. just need to catch up on some sleep. taking today off from training as my body needs to recoup. i am the laugh of the office today, i have a damn hickie on my neck!!!!!!

Haha I like this part

slim joe, you have no idea! like i said, i almost missed my ride outta town!

still not feeling normal yet. i am not as young as i use to be. i partied like i was an 18 year old on spring break! i wanted/needed to go swim today, but not gonna happen. i didn't sleep well again last night so i am hoping to get some kind of rest tonight. we had a bad storm roll thru here and i lost power at 6 last night and still do not have it yet. i am hoping to feel well enough by the evening to make at least a bike ride. my body still hates me at the moment!

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    Good luck in your program. Just saw your photos and looking forward to the next set!

Keep it up......

Duplicate.....SORRY!....so sorry....

anyway.....a Bachelor party?

and....
    another duplicate....sorry again....

WAIT A MINUTE! what do you have on your neck?

yes mam, bachelor party! not mine thou! and yes, someone noticed a little spot on my neck, so everyone in my office is getting a good laugh outta me. i am the office clown anyways so something was bound to happen to me! i am feeling better after a good lunch: stuffed bell pepper, chicken breast, and a small veggie medley. definitely going ride after i get off work, way too glorious outside not to be enjoying it!

thanks for taking to time to comment slim! i am trying to get some pics taken, hopefully should be soon
    Last edited by RaginCajun; 04-06-2011 at 10:08 AM.

feeling normal again! my body just can't recuperate like it did 10 years ago, but i did put it thru hell. weighed in at 183.4 today. i was expecting it to be back up to 186 today, but it wasn't. i did go on bike yesterday but only did 6.5 miles. i think i am going to do a small brick workout this evening, bike 5 miles then run 2-3 miles. tomorrow, i have to get back in the pool and rip of some laps. diet has been good this week, but i know i need to be getting a little bit more protein in. i am going to the store tonight and get some stuff for the week.

tbody66 is offline Anabolic Member
    weight seems to be stuck, I have missed your lifting routine exercises/poundages/sets/reps, post it up also I have yet to find those pics.

tbody66, really not lifting right now. trying to focus on this sprint triathlon that i am doing on may 15th. i am following an 11-week sprint tri schedule that has distances and times for swimming, biking, and running. i told myself that i wanted to do a triathlon before i was 30, so here is one of my only shots. turn 30 in october! my weight seems to be stuck because of the drinking i have been doing on the weekends. i have weddings every weekend until the end of april, and i have some more in the fall. here are some pics from mid feb http://s1118.photobucket.com/albums/...0ragincajun00/. planning on getting some new ones taken soon.

i weighed in at 183.8 lbs this morning. i haven't been that light since i was a junior in high school! yesterday, i did a brick workout. i ran 1.5 miles, then hopped on the bike for 5 miles, then hit the road again for another mile. total workout was 45 minutes, and then a 5 min cool down. i felt good after that and still had some gas left in the tank. i will push myself harder in the next few weeks, really do not have a choice. i do not have a wedding this weekend so i will be logging some long mileages on the bike and feet. also working on a new diet and hope to have it figured out by the end of the day. well, have to go save the tatas!
    Last edited by RaginCajun; 04-07-2011 at 08:54 AM.

lifting does sound counter-productive to what you want to accomplish. The link didn't take me to pics of you. I'm sure you'll represent. How tall are you?

Quote Originally Posted by tbody66 View Post
    lifting does sound counter-productive to what you want to accomplish. The link didn't take me to pics of you. I'm sure you'll represent. How tall are you?
    5'10". i was 196 on Jan 3rd. once this tri is over, i will be getting back in the weight room. i use to powerlift so i miss the weights bad! try this link, http://s1118.photobucket.com/albums/...0ragincajun00/. pics from around beginning of february, 190 lbs.
    Last edited by RaginCajun; 04-07-2011 at 10:28 AM.

Dude, two things, one: that first pic looks like an early version of GB??? Two: you are fat(with love and respect), what exactly is your diet? At your height and build and what you want to do you should be 20lbs lighter, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by tbody66 View Post
    Dude, two things, one: that first pic looks like an early version of GB??? Two: you are fat(with love and respect), what exactly is your diet? At your height and build and what you want to do you should be 20lbs lighter, IMO.

yup, i know i am fat. thats why i am here! and you are right, i want to drop about 20 lbs, but mainly just shred the fat. i have no set time frame to do it in, just want to make it happen. i haven't seen my abs since i was probably in the 5th grade or something, so that is my major goal. i am working on getting a new diet up. i was eating at around 2400 cals. it was an old diet that GB had that i switched up to meet my schedule and food likes. and, i am/was not 100% loyal to the diet. i sometimes get busy at work and do not have time to get even that quick snack in. i do breast cancer research so sometimes i am under a sterile hood for hours at a time. but, i am getting better at the meal timing and the understanding of how my body is using the food for fuel. this website and its great members are pointing me in the right direction and applaud everyone who has helped get this far. thanks for chiming in. i need people to get on my ass about things like this!

and thanks for GB compliment, that dude is a beast!

welcome, not being harsh, just speaking the truth in love. GB and you have similar body types and looks like you may even have identical shape and fat storage issues. Suck it up, hit it harder and stick with good eating.

Thread Information