FireFighter is offline Associate Member

Question Is my diet ok bros???

Hey Guys whats up. I was just wondering if this diet is ok. I've been following this for the past 3 weeks. My brother Shredz helped me out with this. I was just wondering if its alright. Im trying to cut down the BF. actually i would like to drop 15 pounds of ugly bf! . Im 223 now, i've lost 6 pounds already. Trying to lose it slow, cuz i don't wanna burn too much muscle and i wanna keep my strength. Cardio in the am before breakfast for 30 minutes 5x a week

meal 1 (after cardio)
    7 egg whites
    1/4 cup oat meal
    1 whole wheat english muffin natural PB and sugar free jam

meal 2
    Lean Body meal replacement shake

meal 3
    can of tuna
    2 pieces of 12 grain bread
    some greens

meal 4
    2 chicken breasts
    half a sweet potatoe
    veggies(more greens)

meal 5
    1/2 cup 1% cottage cheese mixed with yogurt

meal 6 (bed time)
    50 gram protein shake 5ml of flax oil

hit me up guys

kc
    kc is offline Female Member
    LOL, i read your guys' food intakes, and just picture myself hiding behind the piles of food you all eat! I eat LOTS and it's less then half of you guys...hehe, good thing i'm little to start with~

dunno but your meals 3 and 5 look out of proportion as far as protein goes...the others are much higher...maybe try and even it out alittle?

painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member
    It looks good, if you want to be really anal you could change your carb sources. But all in all they are pretty good, 12 grain bread has one of the better GI values of all the breads. I doesn't seem like you want to go very low carb but want to lose fat slowly. So I think it looks good, is the protein enough for your body weight??

Pain

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    It looks pretty good but both mnkc and pain have some good questions here.....

protein intake is around 215-230 grams a day.. should I be getting more?

kc
    weight, bodyfat % and goal?

kc
    oops..ok, i see...lol

i guess if you're just cutting..that's prolly enough, maybe just try to get each meal even...your body will process it better

You seem to be getting enough carbs so I guess your protein intake is ok, I would still up it alittle, esp when cutting. If you notice strength decrease or muscle loss up the protein. I weight the same as you and I go 300g protein when cutting but I drop my carbs to around 100g per day. BTW, mnkc has a good point make sure your protein is evenly spread out, it will get better absorbed.

Pain

Hey pain maybe i should increase my protein to 300 a day. What changes should I make to the diet? if you can help me out that would be awesome man... Just tell me what to add/delete to each meal and that would be perfect! thanks brother!

I would add an extra meal in there that was pretty much just protein (if this is possible, maybe drop you meal spacing 1/2 hour for each interval). I would drop one of your carbs from one of your meals to make up for this calorie wise. Drop the bread or the sweat pot. Also I would drop the yogurt in meal 5 (yogurt has a lot of carbs) and add another 1/2 cup of cottage cheese (that should add an extra 15g protein and only 4 extra carbs.) I think these would be good starting points adapting from your original diet. You can give those a try and then tweak them as you see needed. Also I was just looking and it doesn't seem that you are doing any weight training, only cardio??? Tell me it aint so??

Pain

Shredz is offline Respected Member
    overall diet looks good....you can up your carbs a bit though...better to have the carbs a little higher at the beginning so that you can drop them further into your diet. How much water are you planning on drinking. I would try to stay 2gallons or more. Also a good subsitute for meal 3 would be:

1 cup cooked of brown rice
    1 can of tuna
    and salsa all mixed...makes a great meal.

As for the lee labrada shakes...have you looked into mesotech shakes? They have more protein 52gms per packet, and it is almost half the price...plus it also has 10gm of glutamine in it as well.

haha yeah i do weight training brother... I go 4 days a week and lift very intense.

Day one:
    Chest and Bis
    Day two:
    Back and Tris
    Day three:
    off
    Day four:
    Shoulder and traps
    Day five:
    Legs(maybe throw in some arms)

I do 4 exercises per large muscle group and 2 for smaller. My reps are in between 8-10. I lift as heavy as possible, and keep form. I keep it heavy to keep my body going through catabolism.

Ok pain I'll drop the yogurt and I'll eat 1 cup of that gross ass shit! haha. Where should I add the other meal too, and what should it be? Give me an idea of what it should be and where in the diet i should eat it brother!

Shredz brother it better look good you helped me with it! hahah. The only reason Im taking the lean body is because I got two free boxes.. can't beat that price! ahhhh the benefits of working at a health food store. That meal sounds tasty man.. i got one for you. its a high carb one.

1 cup of rice
    2 chopped up chicken breasts
    and some salsa(as much as you see fit)
    Mix all together and enjoy.. used to eat that at school alot... very tasty

To me another meal would be your post workout meal, you don't have a meal that is just Whey and some High GI carbs (a small amount after lifting is fine even when cutting). I would add that into the mix.

Pain

alright man sounds good.. I'll slam down a shake right after I work out, I'll check around to see what some high GI carbs i can have. Thanks for your help bro!

Your welcome.

Pain

Buddy you're gonna be the reason Im gonna get huge and lean! haha.. props to both pain and Shredz... those dudes know there shit!

Rampage Jackson is offline Junior Member
    Hey FF, whats the breakdown on that? Approx how many cals you getting bro? Just curious.-Rampage

Thread Information