Thread: diet !

ConnorMacLeod is offline Junior Member

diet !

i just started the keto diet today but theres a few things i should have asked before i started. i was wondering if :

- Frying eggs and bacon is ok
    - i could take a fat burner while on it (Grenade)
    - i can still have my , milk thistle , omega fish oil and multi vitamins capsules
    - when i have my cheat meal is it just a carb load up or can i have anything like fast food which is high in carbs and fat

may sound like a daft question to some but i am just wondering thanks

anyone ?

musclestack is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ConnorMacLeod View Post
    i just started the keto diet today but theres a few things i should have asked before i started. i was wondering if :

- Frying eggs and bacon is ok As long as everything fits into your daily macros, then yes. I realize that saturated fats such as bacon are allowed in some keto diets, but just realize that EFAs would be much more advised, if not for weight loss purposes, for general health purposes alone.
    - i could take a fat burner while on it (Grenade) If there are no carbs in this supplement (which I suspect there isn't) nor anything else to spike insulin, you should be fine.
    - i can still have my , milk thistle , omega fish oil and multi vitamins capsules yes
    - when i have my cheat meal is it just a carb load up or can i have anything like fast food which is high in carbs and fat Keep carbs high, protein moderate, and fat as low as possible in order to keep cals down. Remember, you can still store body fat if not maintaining a calorie deficit, even while running keto.

may sound like a daft question to some but i am just wondering thanks
    in bold

thanks, im new to this site what do u mean by daily macros ?

Nephets is offline Senior Member
    Its your protein, carb, and fats. It's short for macronutrients.

yeah i thought that lol just to be sure though. yeah it dus fit in , thts basically were im getiin all the fat from the bacon and eggs and get the protein through white skinless chicken and a few scoops of whey .

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    IMO, the cleaner you eat (even on a keto diet), the better your results will be. Stick with whole eggs, beef, oily fish, etc. Bacon and processed meats are foods I would eat sparingly, not as a regular part of the diet.

yeah i no but if its ok to eat the bacon ofcourse id prefer that makes it much less of a chance of me cheating

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    How about canadian bacon?

whats that ? i have just been eatin bacon and eggs like 4 times a day with protein shakes in between. is that ok as long as it fits in with my macros. will i still get good results ?

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    GOOD LUCK CONNOR!!!

Will be watching......

ProBody. is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ConnorMacLeod View Post
    whats that ? i have just been eatin bacon and eggs like 4 times a day with protein shakes in between. is that ok as long as it fits in with my macros. will i still get good results ?
    Bacon + eggs 4 times a day + 3-4 shakes? Sounds a lot of protein which may kick you out of keto. i dont know the amounts you eating, but bacon 4 times a day means a lot of salt. what about some chicken breast, fish or other healthier choices aswell.

in week or two your gonna get sick of that anyway, so replace some of that with good fats like olive oil and stuff.

most crucial thing is to watch you carb intake.

Quote Originally Posted by SlimmerMe View Post
    GOOD LUCK CONNOR!!!

Will be watching......
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by ProBody. View Post
    Bacon + eggs 4 times a day + 3-4 shakes? Sounds a lot of protein which may kick you out of keto. i dont know the amounts you eating, but bacon 4 times a day means a lot of salt. what about some chicken breast, fish or other healthier choices aswell.

in week or two your gonna get sick of that anyway, so replace some of that with good fats like olive oil and stuff.

im have 2 shakes maximum a day both 2 scoops of whey which is 40g each shake so 80g altogether. yeah 3 days in and im pretty sick of it but i much prefer it to eating foods that i dnt really like. my carb intake is very low like 15g max

musclestack is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ProBody. View Post

Reaching/staying in ketosis is not dependant on how much protein is consumed. Carbs are the only thing that will kick you out (some may argue that things like aspartame can have an effect on insulin as well). The amount of fat in your diet will play a role in dictating how long it will take you to reach ketosis.

ProBody. is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by musclestack View Post
    Reaching/staying in ketosis is not dependant on how much protein is consumed. Carbs are the only thing that will kick you out (some may argue that things like aspartame can have an effect on insulin as well). The amount of fat in your diet will play a role in dictating how long it will take you to reach ketosis.
    i ment to say if you take whey protein after every meal it may kick you out becouse usually they contain carbs and some shitty whey shakes might contain even 15g / 100g of carbs.

and i agree with that aspartame thing, thats bs..

- GAL -->

Thread Information