amazinspiderman is offline Junior Member

Trying to Clean Bulk pls critique

Hello.
    I've been training and eating well for a long time now but i decided to try and make a real diet with macros and post it up here for you to critique and hopefully help me out.

Stats: 26yo 1,74m 80kg 6,7% BF

I've been doing this diet for some time now with good results but i'm always looking for more so here it is:

Meal 1: 200g oats and 5 egg whites
    784cal 47g Prot 117g Carb 14g Fat

Meal 2: 150g White Rice 100g Chicken Breast (sometimes i eat vegetebles with this meal)
    350cal 29g Prot 45g Carbs 3g Fat

Meal 3: 100g Weetabix 2 fat and sugar free iogurt
    438cal 22g Prot 74g Carbs 2g Fat

Meal 4: 150g White Rice 100g Turkey (Vegetables with this meal)
    335cal 33g Prot 45g Carbs

Meal 5 (Pre-Workout): 100g Oats 2 fat and sugar free iogurt
    452cal 23g Prot 65g Carbs 7g Fat

Meal 6 (Post-Workout): 50g Protein 50g Dextrose (shake)
    400cal 50g Prot 50g Carbs

Meal 7: 150g White Rice 100g Turkey

Meal 8: 50g Protein (Shake) with skim milk

Totals are: 3300cal 286g Protein 491g Carbs 26g Fat

All my meat is grilled with olive oil so that's some healthy fats and calories that are not counted.

I know i should probably trade the white rice for brown and will do so shortly.

What do you think?

Thank you

38jumper38 is offline Senior Member
    6.7% bf is a competition level, seems you doing great then, brown rice is the way bro.

I don't know about competition level but i am pretty cut up yes.
    I was looking for some opinions on the protein\carbs\fat ratio and see if i can do any better. It's really easy for me to lose weight or "cut" but it's really hard to put on some decent size and volume. I have been doing that and i'm happy but if there's more to extract from this diet then i apprecite it
    I can't eat too much in one meal i just don't have the stomach, so the more dense the food the better.
    Tkx for the reply

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    bold

Quote Originally Posted by amazinspiderman View Post
    Hello.
    I've been training and eating well for a long time now but i decided to try and make a real diet with macros and post it up here for you to critique and hopefully help me out.

Stats: 26yo 1,74m 80kg 6,7% BF

I'm too lazy to figure out kg to lbs, but that's around 170 or so? How tall is 1.74m? Dude, I don't mean to doubt you but as 38J said, that is competition level bodyfat, i'd be surprised if you're as low as you say. Do you have pics to post up?

I've been doing this diet for some time now with good results but i'm always looking for more so here it is:

Meal 1: 200g oats and 5 egg whites
    784cal 47g Prot 117g Carb 14g Fat

You really don't need this much oats in a single sitting IMO, and carbs are pretty high anyway. I'd drop this to 150g tops, 100g is probably fine. You're getting more protein from oats (incomplete source) then you are the eggs. I'd drop oats to 100g, add a whole egg or 2 and add more whites. Aside from carbs being high, protein is a bit low IMO

Meal 2: 150g White Rice 100g Chicken Breast (sometimes i eat vegetebles with this meal)
    350cal 29g Prot 45g Carbs 3g Fat

More chicken here

Meal 3: 100g Weetabix 2 fat and sugar free iogurt
    438cal 22g Prot 74g Carbs 2g Fat

I don't understand this meal, but as your trend seems to be, protein is too low here.

Meal 4: 150g White Rice 100g Turkey (Vegetables with this meal)

Meal 5 (Pre-Workout): 100g Oats 2 fat and sugar free iogurt
    452cal 23g Prot 65g Carbs 7g Fat

Need a better protein source, and more of it

Meal 6 (Post-Workout): 50g Protein 50g Dextrose (shake)
    400cal 50g Prot 50g Carbs

Not a fan of dextrose/pure sugar PWO, but if you're really under 7% bodyfat it shouldn't affect you in the least

Meal 7: 150g White Rice 100g Turkey

Meal 8: 50g Protein (Shake) with skim milk

If you can't eat real food here, make sure this is casein. Drop the milk and add some healthy fats - serving of nuts, natty PB, etc

Totals are: 3300cal 286g Protein 491g Carbs 26g Fat

Protein is a bit on the low side but not horrible. Carbs are too high IMO, fats are WAYYYYY too low. For a 3300 calorie diet, this needs to be brought up to around 75g, at least. Drop 100g carbs and add 50g fat, my .02

All my meat is grilled with olive oil so that's some healthy fats and calories that are not counted.

Ok, I didn't realize this - but you should still count it. You need to know how much you're eating

I know i should probably trade the white rice for brown and will do so shortly.

Again, at your bodyfat I wouldn't worry much about this

What do you think?

Thank you

Thank you.
    This is what i was looking for.

80kg is 170pounds and my height is 5"8 about my BF % i can assure you that if it's not 6,7% it is not above 7,5%-8% MAX the value i gave here is what i measured at even if there's an error i doubt i would have striations in my triceps and chest and separation in my biceps, legs and shoulders. Not only is my six pack completely visible but also my serratus. What i am poor tough is vascularity but can't have everything
    About the photos i can try and take some today at the gym.

About the correction to the diet i really appreciate it.
    How much protein do you think i should be taking from my meals? i really tought 25/30g was ideal that's why i was aiming at that.
    What do you think about 100g/150g oats 2 whole eggs and 8 whites for meal 1? or a scoop of whey?
    The rest of the meals i will add more meat.
    About meal 5 what good protein source should i add? eggs? i can't stand to eat more chicken or turkey in the day

once again thank you very much.
    As soon as i have time i will re-edit and post the pics
    Last edited by amazinspiderman; 03-04-2011 at 09:39 AM.

bold

Thank you.
    This is what i was looking for.

You're welcome!

80kg is 170pounds and my height is 5"8 about my BF % i can assure you that if it's not 6,7% it is not above 7,5%-8% MAX the value i gave here is what i measured at even if there's an error i doubt i would have striations in my triceps and chest and separation in my biceps, legs and shoulders. Not only is my six pack completely visible but also my serratus. What i am poor tough is vascularity but can't have everything
    About the photos i can try and take some today at the gym.

Good deal, congrats man that's a really nice BF. Looking forward to seeing your pics! Yum, I want striations!

About the correction to the diet i really appreciate it.
    How much protein do you think i should be taking from my meals? i really tought 25/30g was ideal that's why i was aiming at that.

That all depends on your total caloric intake. 30-35g is what I get per meal, but i'm on a 2700 calorie diet, so by default you need more. Assuming 300g protein/day @ 8meals, i'd do around 35g/day with a bit more (50g each) in your pre and pwo meals.

What do you think about 100g/150g oats 2 whole eggs and 8 whites for meal 1? or a scoop of whey?

I like it. If you do a scoop of whey, make sure you still get some eggs/whites in as well. The more real food, the better

The rest of the meals i will add more meat.
    About meal 5 what good protein source should i add? eggs? i can't stand to eat more chicken or turkey in the day

Understood. How about fish? Tuna? Tilapia? Make it a pro/fat meal and eat a nice piece of salmon?

once again thank you very much.
    As soon as i have time i will re-edit and post the pics

BuffBuffalo is offline Senior Member
    It looks like you've already got some excellent advice. I'd be very interested to see those pics though. Any AAS usage?

Thank you again for the advice.
    I never posted pics anywhere so this will be a first. Sorry about the quality but it was taken by a crappy photographer with my crappy cellphone camera!
    Also, take in mind i really don't know posing never had anyone who would teach me... so i did the best i could.

I still haven't made the changes to the diet because i want to do it right and i've been working really hard lately so i have no time but as soon as i get to it i'll post it up here.
    Thanks a lot for your help and tell me what you think.
    Last edited by amazinspiderman; 03-05-2011 at 09:51 AM.

Damienm05 is offline Productive Member
    Seeing your pics makes me want to start a cutting diet. Looking ripped man. It's nice to see a guy who's truly lean wanting to bulk and not some kid who's already 15% body fat. I think you'll be very happy with your results.

Legs do look a little behind though; you train 'em hard every week?

Looking really really good and lean man, you definitely shut me up!

You should do great on a lean bulk. Keep that bodyfat in check and you will continue to grow and look amazing. Congrats!

Yeah i'm a little weak on legs but i'm working on it.
    I also have them ripped and seperated with some striations but i'm lacking volume.
    Thank you for the help.

Damienm05 is offline Productive Member
    Well, at your body fat level, they're bound to be ripped and striated. I suppose now's a good time to really destroy them since it'll help with hormone secretion and improve your overall gains everywhere.

It wasn't my intention to shut anyone up.
    I really am thankful to you for helping me out.
    As soon as possible i will edit my diet and post it up and hopefully you can take a second look at it.
    Thank you! i'm off to train legs

It wasn't my intention to shut anyone up.
    I really am thankful to you for helping me out.
    As soon as possible i will edit my diet and post it up and hopefully you can take a second look at it.
    Thank you! i'm off to train legs
    No worries at all man, you're looking great and deserve mad props! I'd be happy to look over your next diet.

38jumper38 is offline Senior Member
    Man I looked at your's pic and you are amazing, and the vascular? OMG. did you took anything? or just happen over working out?

You think i'm vascular?
    That's the part i think i'm lacking! I never took anything for it but i'm open to advices
    They started showing up more when i started the diet above. I think the biggest difference in body composition was when i started eating on time. I was bulking but losing fat at the same time. i lost some weight the first 2 weeks or so but then i started gaining and been gaining ever since and the BF is pretty much the same. I measure every 3 or 4 weeks.
    They also show up more when i'm on my 2 week "lightweight training and cardio" phase

Thread Information