***Lean Bulk Postponed***

I'm gonna copy and paste this post that I made in the lounge earlier today in hopes of some educated advise from the brothas of the diet forum:

So my left testicle has been hurting for the last few weeks - nothing major, just a dull ache that lasts a couple minutes at a time. I've just been thinking if it got any worse I would go to the Dr.

Then last night I notice that about an inch above and to the left of my unit I've got what looks like a very small fist punching me from the inside out. It doesn't really hurt but its kind of freaky. I've never noticed any pain during workouts or cardio - the pain seems to be completely random.

Here's the problem. I'm supposed to start my lean bulk cycle tomorrow. AAS, pct, supps, food, is all bought and ready. Plus, I've been priming for 4 weeks and looking forward to this bulk for what seems like forever. I really don't want to have surgery on it now and have to wait on the bulk cycle til summer.

So what's the chances I could make it through the next 8 weeks on cycle without it bothering me too much and is there anything I can do to keep it from getting worse and minimize pain?

So at this point I've been priming for 4 weeks and am in probably the best shape of my life - I've been leaner before and I've been stronger (more LBM) before but this is probably the leanest I've ever been at this weight and strength. I've been natty for over 20 months getting my diet sorted out and I'm currently in the perfect place to run a lean bulk cycle. I really can't express in words how pissed off I am. I want to fukking rip somebody's head off but there's no one to blame but myself.

I have a Dr appointment tomorrow afternoon but I already know what he's gonna say because I've been reading everything I can about this. I have an inguinal hernia to which there is only 1 solution - surgery to repair it, which means I will have to take a minimum of 6 weeks off of training. Some people say it takes up to 16 - 20 weeks to fully heal to be able to lift heavy weight. WTF am I gonna do?

Just goes to show, no matter how much you plan or prepare, anything can happen to your body at any given time that completely fukks all your hard work and preparation.

baseline_9 is offline The Transformer ~VET~Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    Just take ot easy and get it sorted b4 it escalates into a bigger problem

Here's some pics from this morning. Def a little bloated due to trying to drink away my sorrow last night.

Last 7 days have been low carb except my little binge drinking session last night that I now regret.

I'm over it now though - I will continue to eat as best I can and train as intensely as possible regardless of any other factors.
    Last edited by Sgt. Hartman; 05-05-2011 at 10:18 AM.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    I feel for you bro. I was told during a routine physical 2 years ago that I have 2 hernia's, and while they weren't very bad or noticeable (no pain or discomfort), he told me I shouldn't ignore them.

Well, 2 years has gone by and I still haven't addressed this. I have been putting it off for the same reason as you - I don't want to stop training, especially for that long. You have it worse in that you've been priming for this cycle and lean bulk. Mine don't feel any worse today then 2 years ago, but who knows... it may just be a matter of time, then i'll have bigger issues.

How old are you bro? I know I should take my own advice, but I assume you're younger than I am (35) and the time off won't affect you as much... plus you look GREAT now and are in much better shape then me. Not trying to downplay or belittle your situation in any way, no doubt it sucks ass... but do yourself a favor, get it taken care of now, and then start your lean bulk in the fall - you'll probably be better off that way anyway. My .02

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    I feel for you bro. I was told during a routine physical 2 years ago that I have 2 hernia's, and while they weren't very bad or noticeable (no pain or discomfort), he told me I shouldn't ignore them.

Well, 2 years has gone by and I still haven't addressed this. I have been putting it off for the same reason as you - I don't want to stop training, especially for that long. You have it worse in that you've been priming for this cycle and lean bulk. Mine don't feel any worse today then 2 years ago, but who knows... it may just be a matter of time, then i'll have bigger issues.

How old are you bro? I know I should take my own advice, but I assume you're younger than I am (35) and the time off won't affect you as much... plus you look GREAT now and are in much better shape then me. Not trying to downplay or belittle your situation in any way, no doubt it sucks ass... but do yourself a favor, get it taken care of now, and then start your lean bulk in the fall - you'll probably be better off that way anyway. My .02

I'm 34 bro, that's why this sucks so bad - I feel like my window of opportunity is closing.

The Dr said it's not the biggest hernia he's ever seen but skipping the surgery is not an option as my intestine is poking through It's disgusting, I can feel it and press it back in when it's really poking out.

All kinds of dangerous complications can happen if I were to opt out of the surgery and continue lifting. I'm gonna schedule it for as soon as possible and get it over with and hopefully stay motivated to eat properly even though i could be out of training for a couple months.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Hartman View Post
    I'm 34 bro, that's why this sucks so bad - I feel like my window of opportunity is closing.

The Dr said it's not the biggest hernia he's ever seen but skipping the surgery is not an option as my intestine is poking through It's disgusting, I can feel it and press it back in when it's really poking out.

All kinds of dangerous complications can happen if I were to opt out of the surgery and continue lifting. I'm gonna schedule it for as soon as possible and get it over with and hopefully stay motivated to eat properly even though i could be out of training for a couple months.
    Ahh, gotcha bro... we're in the same nightmare then.

Mine isn't as bad as yours, at least as far as I know. I didn't even realize I had them until the dr. pointed it out.

Get it taken care of, do your best to just maintain. Chances are you will lose some LBM but muscle memory will take care of that when you get back, plus the big break should help lifts to explode when you are back. Keep us posted brotha.

Gucks is offline Member
    know ur not my biggest fan but i feel for u :P nothing u culd do about it though! hopefully u'll make a pretty fast recovery.

Thanks guys. Gonna have the surgery on next Wed the 16th and dr said I could be lifting again within 1 month - not crazy heavy weight, but at least something is better than nothing.

I will try to keep this updated to make myself stay motivated even though I will feel like a lazy POS without being able to lift.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Hartman View Post
    Thanks guys. Gonna have the surgery on next Wed the 16th and dr said I could be lifting again within 1 month - not crazy heavy weight, but at least something is better than nothing.

I will try to keep this updated to make myself stay motivated even though I will feel like a lazy POS without being able to lift.
    Congrats on scheduling the surgery man! Now I gotta get my ass in gear...

Thread Information