BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member

My bulking diet.... pick it apart folks.

6am
    meal 1- 12 egg whites/ 2 yolks mixed
    2 cups oats
    2 cups coffe/ 2 glasses of water
    30g whey

8am
    meal 2- 1 pound lean ground chuck
    2 cups broccoli
    2 spoons flax

10am
    meal 3- 2 chicken breasts
    large salad/ with 3 eggs diced up
    1 spoon natty pb

12pm
    meal 4- 2 cans tuna
    2 cups green beans
    1 yam

2pm
    meal 5- 60g whey protein
    1/2 cup oats
    1 spoon flax
    (all blended together)

4pm
    meal 6- PWO shake
    60g whey
    120g dextrose

5pm
    meal 7- PWO meal 1
    2 chicken breasts
    2 cups white rice

7pm
    meal 8- PWO meal 2
    16 oz lean cut steak
    1 cup white rice

9pm
    meal 9- 1 pound lean ground chuck
    large salad with oil/vinegar mix

11pm
    meal 10- 60g whey
    2 spoons flax

2am
    meal 11- 40g whey
    1 spoon flax

it varies day to day but basically looks like this.....

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    Well, my feeble mind will attempt to wrap itself around two aspects that stick out to me. I've become VERY wary of late with regards to the fact that, aside from PWO, digesting 60+ grams of protein in one sitting runs a very large risk of not making maximal use of that 60grams. Personally, i'm tending to lean towards the notion that breaking it into a 30/30, 40/20 or even 50/10 split would be playing your cards a bit "safer" in terms of obtaining maximum efficiency of the protein you're taking in. Now, with 11 meals already accounted for, increased frequency may not be the ideal, but in my limited use of an "in between" shake (a mere 10 grams of whey taken from a whole meal and utilized an hour to an hour and a some change later) I've found it to be a valuable experience. Some days I'm real technical about it and mix up six or seven 'sippy cups' with the approrpriate amounts, and others i just fill a nalgene with 70 grams of whey and water and casually, if only somewhat pragmatically, sip it between meals just to spread my protein out as much as possible. Just food for thought...no pun intended. I just see a whole lot of 60gram+ meals in there and it would give me cause to wonder whether I'm making full use of the sixty grams taking it in all at once, or stand a better chance of doing so with even an 85/15% timed split.

The other thing that stuck out to me, and might be just fine for you, is the pre-workout meal. I assume you workout at 3:00 or so if your PWO meal is at 4:00? I personally would have too full of a stomach on flax, oats and whey only an hour prior to working out. For me, and i stress this is just for me, I've found i need an hour and a half of 'clearing time' between my last meal and my workout at a minimum....otherwise, on the heavy compound lifts my stomach starts to mirror the feeling I got as a little leaguer when I drank soda in between innings on a hot summer afternoon...ie, not so hot. Not to mention that I keep tasting that meal throughout the workout..a distraction i don't need.

Again, these are very specific things that I'm finding suit my unique metabolism and preferences, but at this point in your fine tuning of a diet, I don't think anyone can offer a whole lot more than little nitpicking aspects from their own experiences, as you have the fundamentals down solidly.

I see your point BG and can only say that I have found that my body can handle the 60 grams of protein in one sitting and have made better gains since upping it from 40g per meal. As for my eating and than having a shake prior to my working out I have found that if I don't my stomach is growling and actually getting that "starving" feeling halfway through a workout. I usually down the shake and within 15 to 20 minutes I'm in the gym.... it used to bother me when deadlifting but I've gotten used to it rather quickly.

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    Just thinking aloud here, but is there a way to "test" yourself to see how much protein you are able to digest in one sitting? I mean, obviously there must be, but I mean aside from some complicated university testing thing-ah-mah-bob. I'd imagine it'd be varied from person to person, ie, some could easily handle sixty, whereas others would be at 35. I suspect this would be an invaluable thing to know, as it would almost immediately tell you how many meals and at what size you'd need to optimize protein efficiency.

it looks good to me bro. i always thought that your body would only digest 50g protein in an hour??

bad_man is offline Anabolic Member
    Dude, that is a LOT of food. Many people can handle 60g of protein per meal, especially if you have elevated test levels.

When do you sleep???

map200uk is offline Anabolic Member

Talking

****, thats a lot, 2 cups of oats first thing? howd u manage 2 cups

Quote Originally Posted by bad_man
    Dude, that is a LOT of food. Many people can handle 60g of protein per meal, especially if you have elevated test levels.

When do you sleep???
    LOL I sleep from 11:30pm tp about 6am....the 2am shake I wake up and drink than go back to bed. 2 cups of oatmeal isn't much.... LOL Thanks for the input...

kc
    kc is offline Female Member
    looks good man, which pile can I hide behind

Quote Originally Posted by kc
    looks good man, which pile can I hide behind
    You pick.....now if I could just get ya to eat right....yeah right, hell has a better chance of freezing over than for that to happen....

kc
    Quote Originally Posted by BIG TEXAN
    You pick.....now if I could just get ya to eat right....yeah right, hell has a better chance of freezing over than for that to happen....
    hey..dammit! i'm eating ....right, well mostly Just a little low on cals/protein and fats is all....i'll get there. 'Least it's clean

Quote Originally Posted by kc
    hey..dammit! i'm eating ....right, well mostly Just a little low on cals/protein and fats is all....i'll get there. 'Least it's clean
    LMAO!!!! I know ya will..... I gotta give ya some hell, it's been so long since I've been able to give ya and crap.

kc
    LMAO!!!! I know ya will..... I gotta give ya some hell, it's been so long since I've been able to give ya and crap.

yep! 'bout **** time too

fritz2435 is offline Member
    Wow, 2 chicken breasts, 1 lb steak, and 1 lb ground chuck in a 4 hour time period...

RockyX is offline Senior Member

meal 5- 60g whey protein
    1/2 cup oats
    1 spoon flax
    (all blended together)
    Maybe I'm the only one who saw this, just wondering why the mixing of fats and carbs here. You may have already said it, but I see all that typing and my mind just goes BLAH. It's early in the morning.

Gandy is offline New Member

Thumbs up sleep...

I like the food you're getting (whether or not your body can handle it, only you know), but you sound like you're only getting about 6 hours of sleep a night, if that. You might want to push back the breakfast to seven, or make your last meal a little earlier.

If your body needs all those oats, thats fine, but you may want to try getting them in from a different source once in a while - it'll keep your taste buds happier in the long run and make the bulking so much easier.

How much do you spend on groceries per week? I could probably make my mortgage payment

dalcowbag is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RockyX
    Maybe I'm the only one who saw this, just wondering why the mixing of fats and carbs here. You may have already said it, but I see all that typing and my mind just goes BLAH. It's early in the morning.
    yeah i also see carbs and fats in the same meal a couple of times. thats a big no no IMO

D
    C
    B

Soldier of Misfortune is offline Senior Member
    Ive always thought brown rice is better for you than white. White rice has been bleached and has all them chemicals n stuff on it, or once on it. I boil my water with a chicken bullion cube then add brown rice. Tastes pretty d@mn good, for rice anyways.

Thread Information