mustang331 is offline Member

Honey ok while trying to cut?

I am about to eat some oats and want to know if its ok to add some honey instead of equal.. Or is there way to many carbs in honey?

painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member
    There are a lot of carbs in honey and it is medium on the GI scale. I would stay away from it if I was doing strict low carb diet. But if you are doing moderate carbs and your carb intake can withstand it then you can have. IMO I would stay away from it, or only have it once in awhile as a treat.

Pain

roch is offline Member
    is it ok to use equal or sweet N low with oatmeal? I've just been forcing it down with water. (real runny soup mixure)

beenie is offline Senior Member
    Honey is sugar. It is very high in calories and in carboheydrates. Equal has almost no calories and only 1 gram of carb per teaspoon.

If your question had been can you substitute honey for sugar, I would say yes. Honey for Equal? -- the answer is NO.

Originally posted by roch
    is it ok to use equal or sweet N low with oatmeal? I've just been forcing it down with water. (real runny soup mixure)
    I put equal in my oatmeal. One packet does the trick and doesn't have any/much impact on your diet as a whole.

Pain

Buddha_Red is offline Senior Member
    i use splenda in my everything. including my 1 carb no sugar jello popcicles.

it tastes,uses and seems like sugar.

costs a bit more sometimes, but im happy with how it acts in cooking.

beenie is offline Senior Member
    Agreed-- Splenda is awesome. What's more, if you should be traveling in South America and can find it, there is a liquid form of sucralose that also goesunder the Splenda brand name that is virtually carb free.

Originally posted by beenie
    Agreed-- Splenda is awesome. What's more, if you should be traveling in South America and can find it, there is a liquid form of sucralose that also goesunder the Splenda brand name that is virtually carb free.
    Yes the liquid is very good for mixing with cold beverages. Doesn't bind up like sugar.

Pain

roch is offline Member
    how cool. no more bland soupy oatmeal. I love oatmeal with milk and butter like mom used to make, but man its different when you're trying to eat clean. now if they can make a milk that had no lactose, no fat, and tastes exactly like whole milk....

Big_Dan is offline Associate Member
    Butter in oatmeal? Never seen that one...to me oatmeal is sweet or in recipes like cookies etc.
    To me splenda goes in with my oatmeal ALWAYS. See, I adjust cal intake so I can take in the milk that goes in my oats. Then I add splenda and voila, you got yourself a great tasting meal, add protein.

Thread Information