fif
    fif is offline Junior Member

carb up / cheat meal

im currently cutting so i've been looking really flat due to the low carb diet. planning my cheat meal for tomorrow so i am just wondering what would be the best thing to eat in order to restore my muscle fullness. remember it's a cheat meal so i pretty much am open to any suggestions.

i was thinking a big bowl of louisana chicken pasta from the cheesecake factory, eh?

baseline_9 is offline The Transformer ~VET~Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    A few questions...

What is your current diet - please post with broken down macros for meals

What is your current water intake?

What is your current training and cardio schedule - as above with times

How often are you planning a cheat/ re-feed meal?

As far as replenishing muscle glycogen.... If you are depleted, and carbs are going to help 'fill you up' as far as stored glycogen is concerned...

If its a cheat meal I would not worry too much about the food choice... The healthier the better but I know how my cheat meals go LOL

Turkish Juicer is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fif View Post
    im currently cutting so i've been looking really flat due to the low carb diet. planning my cheat meal for tomorrow so i am just wondering what would be the best thing to eat in order to restore my muscle fullness. remember it's a cheat meal so i pretty much am open to any suggestions.

i was thinking a big bowl of louisana chicken pasta from the cheesecake factory, eh?
    The most important thing to consider with a cheat meal, is not to turn the concept of cheat meal around and eat bunch of junk food in one meal, IMHO.

A big bowl of louisana chicken pasta from the cheesecake factory sounds like a pretty good choice for replenishing depleted glycogen in your muscles, something I would also eat as my cheat meal...

Bon Appétit!

ProBody. is offline New Member
    If your runnin a keto, i would carb up the whole day.

but for a cheat meal eat what ever goes...

Damienm05 is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ProBody. View Post
    If your runnin a keto, i would carb up the whole day.

but for a cheat meal eat what ever goes...
    Really dude? Sounds like a good way to waste a few days of hard work.

Ask yourself if you really even need it. Feeling flat and not 100% beast-mode is just part of cutting. If it's been 4-5 weeks of a fairly low-carb/low-cal diet, you're a lean guy with a good bit of LBM, and if you're noticing a serious drop in strength/energy levels as of late - yes, as Turkish said, that sounds like a good cheat meal but leave it at that - no cheesecake, haha.

If you're a fairly high bf% and don't have a ton of LBM to preserve and/or it's only been 2-3 weeks of clean eating; don't cheat.

ProBody. is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Damienm05 View Post
    Really dude? Sounds like a good way to waste a few days of hard work.

Ask yourself if you really even need it. Feeling flat and not 100% beast-mode is just part of cutting. If it's been 4-5 weeks of a fairly low-carb/low-cal diet, you're a lean guy with a good bit of LBM, and if you're noticing a serious drop in strength/energy levels as of late - yes, as Turkish said, that sounds like a good cheat meal but leave it at that - no cheesecake, haha.

If you're a fairly high bf% and don't have a ton of LBM to preserve and/or it's only been 2-3 weeks of clean eating; don't cheat.

yes really. unless your on single digits or eating just 300 cals below maint, binge meal once every 8-9 days aint gonna do nothin bad

and i doubt he eats 4000 cals on one sitting.

oh yeah and forgot to add, if your eating 100-150 carbs / day. then dont do a cheat meal or carb up. unless you really need.
    Last edited by ProBody.; 04-03-2011 at 11:21 AM.

Thread Information