cmdace18 is offline Junior Member

timeline for burning carbs vs fat

here's a 2 part question;

7pm saturday night: 2 slices of pizza or bowl of pasta (cheat meal)

9am sunday morning: 60 minutes fasted cardio

so do you do low intensity cardio or interval (increase heartrate) cardio? i know people suggest carbs pre-workout if doing interval training or else you'll torch the muscle. but what if you have bread or pasta the night before? can you still get away with doing fasted interval cardio without tapping into muscle?

my theory is that it all depends on the amount of carb/fat intake the night before. runners and athletes "carb up" the day or 2 days before in order to have energy for an event or race. but at a certain point, you burn those carbs and then tap into either muscle OR fat, but i don't know which one, and at which time during the 60 minute cardio session that occurs.

thoughts?

MR-FQ320 is offline This means war!
    Quote Originally Posted by cmdace18 View Post
    here's a 2 part question;

7pm saturday night: 2 slices of pizza or bowl of pasta (cheat meal)If it were a true cheat meal I would prefer pizza.

9am sunday morning: 60 minutes fasted cardiook

so do you do low intensity cardio or interval (increase heartrate) cardio? i know people suggest carbs pre-workout if doing interval training or else you'll torch the muscle. but what if you have bread or pasta the night before? can you still get away with doing fasted interval cardio without tapping into muscle?yes

my theory is that it all depends on the amount of carb/fat intake the night before. runners and athletes "carb up" the day or 2 days before in order to have energy for an event or race. but at a certain point, you burn those carbs and then tap into either muscle OR fat, but i don't know which one, and at which time during the 60 minute cardio session that occurs.my theory is that you will burn fat before muscle if you are you using those muscles to any extent

thoughts?
    bold

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Are you throwing this out there, or is this something you plan to implement based on responses?

LatissimusaurousRex is offline Senior Member
    I imagine a lot would depend on the diet and activity levels for the rest of the week.

FireGuy is offline 9/11/2001~343 Never Forget!~E-HOF~RETIRED
    How about instead of eating the pizza you make a healthy choice instead, then you could reduce the amount of cardio needed and your concern about eating muscle will be mute.

LatissimusaurousRex is offline Senior Member
    You've just been FireGuyed.

FireGuy is offline 9/11/2001~343 Never Forget!~E-HOF~RETIRED
    ^^That made me laugh L-Rex!! You know me just trying to think outside the box.

Minion0812 is offline Associate Member
    Just read this thread now and that is hilarious Rex! Thanks Fire and all the other pros for helping us out daily!!!

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by LatissimusaurousRex View Post
    You've just been FireGuyed.
    Lmao!!

vishus is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FireGuy View Post
    How about instead of eating the pizza you make a healthy choice instead, then you could reduce the amount of cardio needed and your concern about eating muscle will be mute.
    i second this motion

Thread Information