speedfreak is offline Associate Member

Any fruit good when cutting??

Wondering if there is any fruit good when cutting.

Thanks!

painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member
    Depends if your daily carb count can take them then they are fine to add in. I would suggest low GI fruits like apples, oranges, grapefruit, dried appricots, pears.

Pain

speedfreak is offline Associate Member
    Pain: Thanks alot bro!!

longhornDr is offline Member
    Anything high in fructose should be avoided when trying to loose fat.

Big_Dan is offline Associate Member
    WHy , if their gi can be low. WHile it doesnt give you a sustained release of energy (like complex carbs, which take longer to digest,) there's nothing wrong in that the way i see it.

Originally posted by Big_Dan
    WHy , if their gi can be low. WHile it doesnt give you a sustained release of energy (like complex carbs, which take longer to digest,) there's nothing wrong in that the way i see it.
    Some small fruits can be packed with carbs a banana has 30g of carbs and is not very filling. When you compare that to what 30g of carbs worth of broccoli is, and has a lower GI. That is why to be careful of fruits when cutting.

Pain

Kim2884 is offline Female Member
    Originally posted by painintheazz
    Depends if your daily carb count can take them then they are fine to add in. I would suggest low GI fruits like apples, oranges, grapefruit, dried appricots, pears.

Pain
    Actually, all those fruits are relatively high GI...maybe not as high as a banana, but still not the best choices... dried fruit has an especially high GI because the fructose is concentrated. I would go with melon or berries instead...but i suppose that's more for people who are low-carbing, such as myself.

chinups Guest
    Watermelons are suppose to be real good. Strawberries?

strawberries are key...if i actually had a blender and some protein powder, i'd throw 'em in a shake. they provide some fiber too.

chinups Guest
    I know we are all trying to get shredded and its all about calories, carbs and protein. But I can't help to laugh when you have to look at eating a banana like you are cheating or too much fruit is cheating. I guess my point is don't forget fruits/veggies and shit like that are good against diseases and heart attacks and shit like that...I love fruits

Chins

Oh yeah, it is pretty funny when u think about it. I was working the other day (catering)...I was starving and there was nothing i could really eat except some leftover blueberries and melon from a fruit tray...so i ate some, and felt like i just ate an entire chocolate cake( just cuz i'm on a CKD,and trying to keep my carbs below 20g a day)...but i definitely try to get as much green veggies as i can, and i wouldn't do a diet like this for an extended period of time..just until summer. The antioxidants are not worth losing long-term.

Originally posted by Kim2884

Actually, all those fruits are relatively high GI...maybe not as high as a banana, but still not the best choices... dried fruit has an especially high GI because the fructose is concentrated. I would go with melon or berries instead...but i suppose that's more for people who are low-carbing, such as myself.
    Where are you getting this from?? All the lists I have seen have those being relatively low, esp dried appricotts, I checked again. Please provide a link.

here is my online source and my bood has the same
    http://www.geocities.com/nk_gr/diabe...index_list.htm

Pain

Yeah i actually just took a look at that site after i posted...I got my information from one of my classes at school (i'm a nutritional sciences major), and a number of online sources that i happened to come accross over the past few months. I just always had the impression that most fruit would produce a relatively significant insulin spike with the exception of low-carb, fibrous ones such as berries...but then again, I could have been confusing GI w/overall carb content...I could definitely be wrong here, so I'll be doing some more research on it.

Sounds good. Since you are a nutr science major do you happen to have any links or books on insulin effects of food. Not the GI value but the amount of Insulin responce they exert. For example, milk has a low GI but high Insulin responce. Just wondering.

Pain

hmm...actually haven't gotten quite that far yet. only a freshman

O, well if you do come across it please let me know.. Damn freshman, haha sorry I had to (technically I am a freshman in grad school so I can't speak!)

Pain

Thread Information