Big_Dan is offline Associate Member

Do you need to feel hunger to lose fat?

Ive never felt hunger on my diets and while some have worked, I always ended up stopping them and regoing to my old eating habits. But I never felt hungry, nor do I do on the one im on now, and im wondering, do you have to feel hunger to lose the fat?
    During cardio Im never hungry. But I eat a snack 1hr before to get the metabolism going. What do you think?

Is it that you feel hunger at night while you fast and this is when you would lose the fat (and this is why you eat no carbs at night?)
    Shed some light on this ..

Buddha_Red is offline Senior Member
    No, you do not have to feel hungry to lose weight.

in fact if you wait long enough, your body will try to store everything it can that you eat. called a starvation response.

Eat every 2 hours or so, high protein like chicken or lean meats.
    Lowering the carbs forces your body to use other sources of fuel to run your body.

You dont want to eat a bunch of carbs at night, because your going to be sleeping and not buring alot.

You dont need to cut out all carbs, just make sure they come from green beans ect.

I never feel hungry unless its after my 5:30am workout then its on!
    Cardio first thing in the Am with out eating burns more calories so thats what i do.,

Make sure you drink tons of water, your body needs alot of it. dont fight it just drink it hehe

oh, and try not to turn into a chicken, hehe thats all i seem to eat.

painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member
    Originally posted by Buddha_Red
    No, you do not have to feel hungry to lose weight.

in fact if you wait long enough, your body will try to store everything it can that you eat. called a starvation response.

Eat every 2 hours or so, high <a href="http://www.allsportsnutrition.com/listproducts.php?style=category&value=PROTEIN" target="_blank">protein</a> like chicken or lean meats.
    Lowering the carbs forces your body to use other sources of fuel to run your body.

You dont want to eat a bunch of carbs at night, because your going to be sleeping and not buring alot.

You dont need to cut out all carbs, just make sure they come from green beans ect.

I never feel hungry unless its after my 5:30am workout then its on!
    Cardio first thing in the Am with out eating burns more calories so thats what i do.,

Make sure you drink tons of water, your body needs alot of it. dont fight it just drink it hehe

oh, and try not to turn into a chicken, hehe thats all i seem to eat.
    Agreed, hunger becomes a mental thing, after you get used to dieting it seems not to exist anymore. IMO

Pain

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame

WTF?

U have a "SNACK" one hour before cardio????? To get the metabolism going? U think that is what it does!??!?!?!?!?!?!

LOL, yeah, great idea to eat before cardio.

WTF??????

~SC~XXL~2K3~

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer

Re: WTF?

Originally posted by SwoleCat
    U have a "SNACK" one hour before cardio????? To get the metabolism going? U think that is what it does!??!?!?!?!?!?!

WTF??????

~SC~XXL~2K3~
    yeah swole!! i thought you knew!! it is like jump starting a moped or something along those lines, i was once told this by a great diet guru.
    abstrack@protonmail.com

Re: WTF?

WTF??????

~SC~XXL~2K3~
    He will never learn, when will you figure this out. Nothing like getting your insulin going before cardio.

Pain

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Man! Oh man! I'm just at a loss of words........

longhornDr is offline Member
    Once your body switches to fat burning hunger is usually surpressed. So it's a good thing if your diet is straight but you're not feeling hungry.

woodsy169 is offline Associate Member

Re: Re: WTF?

Originally posted by abstrack

yeah swole!! i thought you knew!! it is like jump starting a moped or something along those lines, i was once told this by a great diet guru.
    LOL, "moped" I knew a girl once that I called a "moped"

Come on Big Dan, you have posted a TON of diet questions and Swolecat has given you a TON of free advice...Contact him and offer him a donation and he will work his magic for you.

I went out and bought a book, the Zone Diet by dr. barry sears. He says that it gets your metabolism going, and many here have advocated a protein shake before cardio, no carbs, to prevent muscle breakdown. Also, all trainers i talk to speak of the same thing.
    Why is this wrong, if you eat no carbs?

Originally posted by Big_Dan
    I went out and bought a book, the Zone Diet by dr. barry sears. He says that it gets your metabolism going, and many here have advocated a <a href="http://www.allsportsnutrition.com/listproducts.php?style=category&value=PROTEIN" target="_blank">protein</a> shake before cardio, no carbs, to prevent muscle breakdown. Also, all trainers i talk to speak of the same thing.
    Why is this wrong, if you eat no carbs?
    Your body will convert the protien into glycogen (blood sugar which will therefor induce insulin ) to use as energy since it is more readily available than fat.

Pain

longhornDr is offline Member
    Amino acids stimulate insulin release as well.

Personally i like to load up on a 72oz. slurpee from 7-11 and a few cream glazed donuts then hit the cardio. I am so pumped and wired from the sugar i feel like I just kicked my motabalism into super gear!! up up and away!!!!
    abstrack@protonmail.com

Originally posted by abstrack
    Personally i like to load up on a 72oz. slurpee from 7-11 and a few cream glazed donuts then hit the cardio. I am so pumped and wired from the sugar i feel like I just kicked my motabalism into super gear!! up up and away!!!!
    ROFLMAO, is that the new Homer Simpson diet??

Pain

LOL.......

yeah, Dan, keep eating a snack or shake before cardio, hell, the BOOK SAYS TO DO IT, right? There are all those trainers who know it all as well, and give the best advice!

If that were the case, why haven't u gone to those trainers for advice? I think you understand that WE know WTF we are talking about, and I for one have MY portfolio to prove it, and 100's of SwoleGenix cases where my clients know the same to be true as well.

Until you can give me something like that, please don't bother to disclose who said it was a good idea, quite simply, we don't give a shit.
    First you ask us, then IGNORE our advice, then further insult us by telling us Dr. Hairy Beers knows it all, and so do those Richard Simmons ankle warmer wearin' muh-fuccaz at your gym.

Learn about it playah!

~SC~XXL~2K3~

Re: LOL.......

those Richard Simmons ankle warmer wearin' muh-fuccaz at your gym.
    ROFLMAO.

Pain

No one disagreed with the advice, Im just contesting it to see if a more complete answer can be gotten. Ill take your advice, no worries man.
    Peace out

Originally posted by painintheazz

ROFLMAO, is that the new Homer Simpson diet??

Pain
    Actually I read the same book as Dan but i took to the Abstrack level and i was hoping to break some new grounds with my inovative idea. Sell a video casset with me in tights and a head band for $19.95. It will work I tell you!!!!! I swear it will, look into what I am saying!!! Ever seen a little kid on a sugar rush?? those little bastards have so much energy and there motabalism is through the roof!! I am going to be a millionare!!

Watch out Dr. Barry Sears !!!

** don't no body capatalize on this idea! it is all mine!!**
    abstrack@protonmail.com

nah......

bullshit abs, I'm beatin' ya to it!!!!!!!!

Maybe we can do a "Hans and Frans" kind of thing, cuz we're here to pump you up! LOL!!!!!! How the hell do ya spell their names anyhow???

K Dan, contest away so a more complete answer can "be gotten".

~SC~

Thread Information