jtuner77 is offline Member

Trying to get down to 8% Bodyfat....need help.

Hi guys,

I am a bit of a lurker, rare poster. Last time I posted I was at 240 and have worked my way down to the 180's(183-185). I had a hydrostatic test done and came out with mass #'s of 155lbs. Trying to hit 171-173. in the last 2 weeks I have dropped from 190 down to 183(I think water weight X shitty eating) I started taking my ADHD meds and Clen /T3 but as of today I am cutting out my ADHD meds as they make me feel weak and tired but will carry on with the Clen/T3/Keto.

On my non workout days I take in 1660cals(leaving a deficit of 600 cals right now), on workout days I take in 2000-2100.

1hr cardio(stairmaster)
    1.5 hours hard weights, never let hr drop below 125bpm, no more then 45-60seconds between reps

I workout 3-5 days a week, 3 days weights and cardio, 2 days just cardio or sometimes I just do my 3 cardio/weights days and eat my non workout cals the other 4 days.

Here is my diet on non workout days.

Breakfast
    1/2scoop Whey Protein(1 scoop on workout days)
    1/2scoop Casein Protein
    1/4cup of Strawberries
    1/4cup of Blueberries
    5" Banana
    1/2cup of egg whites(3/4cup on workout days)
    2 tablespoons of Flax Seed
    1/3cup of oats(1/2cup on workout days)
    Metamucil cinnamon spice fiber wafer bar
    3 glasses of water
    2 cups of ice

Multivitamin
    Vitamin C
    Vitamin E
    Iron
    Yohimbine HCL
    Flax Seed Oil
    Taurine
    Vitamin B

3 hrs later
    Apple
    4oz Chicken Breast
    1/8 cup finely shredded italian style cheese
    1oz tomato
    1/8cup green peppers
    4 black olives
    .5oz of while grain spaghetti

3hrs later
    4oz chicken Breast
    1cup Broccoli

3hrs later
    4oz chicken breast
    6 almonds

preworkout
    1/2cup zero percent milk
    1cup water
    1/2scoop whey protein(1 scoop on workout days)

postworkout
    1-2 tablespoons of natural peanut butter
    1/2scoop casein protein(3/4scoop on workout days)
    1/2cup egg whites
    1/2scoop whey protein(1scoop on workout days)
    1/2cup zero percent milk
    1 cup of water
    Apple

I drink 9-13 glasses of water a day.

Non workout day macro nutrients are:
    Fat 33
    Sodium 2096
    Carbs 154
    Sugar 76
    Protein 182

workout days macro nutrients are:
    Fat 45
    Sodium 2506
    Carbs 163
    Sugar 74
    Protein 245

Please let me know what you guys think. I think it's pretty clean diet and has worked so far to help me drop 55lbs.

tbody66 is offline Anabolic Member
    if you are only consuming 1660 cals a day on non-workout days you are not counting anything for normal activity and this thusly seems low and not beneficial. You are at 20% bf and on speed and what's the Keto? How old are you? Do you lift? The diet seems full of simple sugars. What do you want to look like? Post some pics and explain these things, please.

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Why 8%? how did you pick that amount?

FireGuy is offline 9/11/2001~343 Never Forget!~E-HOF~RETIRED
    Quote Originally Posted by tbody66 View Post
    if you are only consuming 1660 cals a day on non-workout days you are not counting anything for normal activity and this thusly seems low and not beneficial.For a guy with 155lbs of lean, trying to get leaner I think 1660 cals is plenty on a non workout day. You are at 20% bf I had it figured @ 15.8% on the #'s he provided.and on speed and what's the KetoKetotifen.? How old are you? Do you lift?3 days a week with weights plus cardio The diet seems full of simple sugars. What do you want to look like?8% bodyfat. Post some pics and explain these things, please.
    Sorry T, I think you kinda rushed through his post before replying.

My day is sedentary. I sit at a desk on average 12-14 hours a day from work and school. What about the Keto? 33. did you read my post? I lift 3 times a week. very heavy and hard too. I would like more definition and to be cut, not trying to gain tons of mass, maybe a little more size in my biceps. Here are pics of me starting and pics of me currently.

Me at my start:

Me presently:

Quote Originally Posted by jtuner77 View Post
    Hi guys,

I am a bit of a lurker, rare poster. Last time I posted I was at 240 and have worked my way down to the 180's(183-185). I had a hydrostatic test done and came out with mass #'s of 155lbs. Trying to hit 171-173. in the last 2 weeks I have dropped from 190 down to 183(I think water weight X shitty eating)You wont get to 8% eating shitty I started taking my ADHD meds and Clen /T3 but as of today I am cutting out my ADHD meds as they make me feel weak and tired but will carry on with the Clen/T3/Keto.Carry on?How long have you already been on and what is your dose?

On my non workout days I take in 1660cals(leaving a deficit of 600 cals right now), on workout days I take in 2000-2100.Good setup

1hr cardio(stairmaster)
    1.5 hours hard weights, never let hr drop below 125bpm, no more then 45-60seconds between repsToo long of a weight training session IMO and your HR shouldnt be that high unless all you are doing is squatting and deadlifting

I workout 3-5 days a week, 3 days weights and cardio, 2 days just cardio or sometimes I just do my 3 cardio/weights days and eat my non workout cals the other 4 days.

Breakfast
    1/2scoop Casein Protein
    1/4cup of Strawberries
    1/4cup of Blueberries
    5" Banana
    3 glasses of water
    2 cups of ice
    Too much fruit, I would take at least half of it out. Well personally if I were trying to get to 8% I would take all of it out.

Multivitamin
    Vitamin C
    Vitamin E
    Iron
    Yohimbine HCL
    Flax Seed Oil
    Taurine
    Vitamin B

3 hrs later
    Apple
    4oz Chicken Breast
    1/8 cup finely shredded italian style cheeseGone
    1oz tomato
    1/8cup green peppers
    4 black olives

3hrs later
    4oz chicken Breast
    1cup Broccoli

3hrs later
    4oz chicken breast
    6 almonds

preworkout
    1/2cup zero percent milk
    1cup water

postworkout
    1-2 tablespoons of natural peanut butterI would replace with EFA's
    1/2cup egg whites
    1/2cup zero percent milk
    1 cup of water
    Apple

I drink 9-13 glasses of water a day.That's less than a gallon a day, I would double that at least.

Fat 33
    Sodium 2096
    Carbs 154Is this including the sugar listed below?
    Sugar 76Fix the fruit and this will fix itself.
    Protein 182

Fat 45
    Sodium 2506
    Carbs 163
    Sugar 74
    Protein 245

Please let me know what you guys think. I think it's pretty clean diet and has worked so far to help me drop 55lbs.
    It would be interesting to know what your LBM was at the beginning to know what % of fat you are losing compared to muscle.

I was originally at 150lbs of lean muscle when I tested in August 2009, that test was with skin calipers.
    Last edited by jtuner77; 04-12-2011 at 05:22 PM.

Very nice progess so far, I'd say you look to be between 20-22% bf from current pics, although the loose skin is deceiving. You have a good overall build with no glaring weaknesses comparitively speaking, show some leg shots though to be sure. I'd also like to see your specific workout routine with exercises/sets/reps/poundages. I would suggest begin by working towards 16 % in the next 60 - 90 days with FG's suggestions and maybe some workout modifications and I'll try and be more thourough and specific for the remainder of your transformation.

Quote Originally Posted by FireGuy View Post
    Sorry T, I think you kinda rushed through his post before replying.
    You are right, my bad, I read cardio and then 1.5 hrs and didn't even see the lifting part. I based it off of 155 lbm x 20 % = 30 lbs, just a quick calculation and performed in the wrong direction, I know. Using baselines quide with stats similar to mine maintenance is 2280 with a daily add depending on lifting experience and regular training(not just to be calculated on training days (I didn't believe) of an additional 250 - 750 cals so maintenance would be around 2500. I did understand the 8% bf, but was more trying to determine if he wanted to look like a marathon runner or a bodybuilder, since I overlooked the weight training part of the post and the diet didn't seem to be to bodybuilding-esque. I'll try and pay more attention from here on out.

^^You just need to be more "redius" before you reply! ;-)

I will become the poster child of "rediusness"

Jessi was originally at 150lbs of lean muscle when I tested in August 2009.
    So is that not you in the pictures or are you just referring to yourself in the 3rd person?

Either way, good work so far. I think if you are going to make further progress from here you are going to have to finely tune your diet to a much further degree and dial in your training better as well.

Typicographical error AKA Iphone spell correct.....

Cardio is 1hr at 152-157bpm.

Weights are broken down as such: 4 sets-reps 12/10/8/6

One day is Bi/Tri
    Dumbbell Curls, at peak I turn the dumbbell over and use it as a negative on the way down. 30/35/40/45
    Cable Kickback. 10/15/20/25
    Incline bench curls but it's has a name for it, the inside most weight on the dumbbell ends up on the outside of my bicep 25/30/35/40
    Ground skull crushers, I set the weight down on the ground foot behind my head for a second and force my tricep to be preloaded so to speak. 50/60/70/80
    Barbell curls. 80/90/100/110
    Cable pulldown with small V handle 67/72/77/82
    Hammercurls 30/35/40/45
    Dips

Chest/ABS
    Bench press(very weak part of my body) 135/145/155/165
    Incline press 115/125/135/145
    Cable flys High 20/25/30/35
    Decline press 100/110/120/130
    Cable flys Low 20/25/30/35

Back/Shoulders
    Sitting Barbell press 20/40/60/80
    Sitting cable pulls 90/100/110/120
    Kneeling cable pullovers(straight bar back against machine) 57/62/67/72
    Assisted Pull Ups 65/55/45/35
    Pull Downs 60/70/80/90
    Dumbbell Shrunks 60/70/80/90
    Reverse Cross Cable Pulls 15/20/25/30

I just started to work in legs because I have bad knees but since the drastic weight loss they dont hurt nearly as bad.
    Last edited by jtuner77; 04-12-2011 at 07:31 PM.

nevergiveup is offline Junior Member
    Nice results brother

Anyone else have any comments to add?

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Looking much much better bro, great progress so far with the fat loss and nice size coming along as well!

Listen to Fireguy on the diet, the man knows his sh!t !!

calstate23 is offline Banned
    Hi guys,

I am a bit of a lurker, rare poster. Last time I posted I was at 240 and have worked my way down to the 180's(183-185). I had a hydrostatic test done and came out with mass #'s of 155lbs. Trying to hit 171-173. in the last 2 weeks I have dropped from 190 down to 183(I think water weight X shitty eating) I started taking my ADHD meds and Clen /T3 but as of today I am cutting out my ADHD meds as they make me feel weak and tired but will carry on with the Clen/T3/Keto.

On my non workout days I take in 1660cals(leaving a deficit of 600 cals right now), on workout days I take in 2000-2100.

1hr cardio(stairmaster)
    1.5 hours hard weights, never let hr drop below 125bpm, no more then 45-60seconds between reps

Breakfast
    1/2scoop Casein Protein
    1/4cup of Strawberries
    1/4cup of Blueberries
    5" Banana
    3 glasses of water
    2 cups of ice

Multivitamin
    Vitamin C
    Vitamin E
    Iron
    Yohimbine HCL
    Flax Seed Oil
    Taurine
    Vitamin B

3 hrs later
    Apple
    4oz Chicken Breast
    1/8 cup finely shredded italian style cheese
    1oz tomato
    1/8cup green peppers
    4 black olives

3hrs later
    4oz chicken Breast
    1cup Broccoli

3hrs later
    4oz chicken breast
    6 almonds

preworkout
    1/2cup zero percent milk
    1cup water

postworkout
    1/2cup egg whites
    1/2cup zero percent milk
    1 cup of water
    Apple

I drink 9-13 glasses of water a day.

Fat 33
    Sodium 2096
    Carbs 154
    Sugar 76
    Protein 182

Fat 45
    Sodium 2506
    Carbs 163
    Sugar 74
    Protein 245

First thing that came to my mind was your breakfast and fire guy said exactly what I wanted to say....Again, like he said I wouldn't even eat one piece of fruit if I was you. Stick to your complex carbs....OATS, OATS, and more OATS. If possible, first thing in the morning fasted 45 min cardio. Shake and oats after..

I would also do another cardio session before bed. Also, it looks like you are a little too scared of your carbs. Don't be too afraid of your carbs, just make them good carbs and eat them at the right times.

If possible I would try to increase meal frequency...Possibly every 2 hours.

For carbs I would have oats in the morning. Fibrous carbs throughout the day. Oats or rice again before workout and yams after workout. Then second cardio session before bed and meal after cardio have no carbs

^ ^ good advice imo.

Cal, what rock did you crawl out from under?

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    ^ ^ good advice imo.

Cal, what rock did you crawl out from under?
    Ha Ha From under the jerkin my sac too much rock

Quote Originally Posted by calstate23 View Post
    Ha Ha From under the jerkin my sac too much rock
    Heh, we all get caught up there from time to time. Well, under our own, not your's, lol! =P

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    Heh, we all get caught up there from time to time. Well, under our own, not your's, lol! =P
    Ha ha

Really not too much...Just trying to get in what I can. I go in for surgery Apirl 22nd on my shoulder...Rehab will be a BI*ch!! Torn labrum possible rotator cuff. In sling 4 weeks...No heavy lifting, really any lifting for 4-6 months...7-9 months can start lifting gradually

Quote Originally Posted by calstate23 View Post
    Really not too much...Just trying to get in what I can. I go in for surgery Apirl 22nd on my shoulder...Rehab will be a BI*ch!! Torn labrum possible rotator cuff. In sling 4 weeks...No heavy lifting, really any lifting for 4-6 months...7-9 months can start lifting gradually
    Calstate, I am truly sorry to hear about that. I will continue praying for your fast and full recovery. Please keep us posted on your progress. Sounds like you will have plenty of opportunity to more regularly contribute on the board.

I am extending an olive branch for past conflicts(and lack of resolution). I purpose to accept the times when we have differing views when providing recommendations and advice to board members and to express my thoughts of your opinions in a respectful manner only. Please forgive me for not always having done so.

Calstate, I am truly sorry to hear about that. I will continue praying for your fast and full recovery. Please keep us posted on your progress. Sounds like you will have plenty of opportunity to more regularly contribute on the board.

I am extending an olive branch for past conflicts(and lack of resolution). I purpose to accept the times when we have differing views when providing recommendations and advice to board members and to express my thoughts of your opinions in a respectful manner only. Please forgive me for not always having done so.
    Thanks brotha really appreciate it. I forgive you and it wasn't always your fault. I've been stubborn myself and come across too strong sometimes. I too am sorry for that

^ ^ now this is some sh!t I love to see! Glad you two put the past behind you. Let's continue to motivate eachother and offer our guidance to members needing/wanting it.

Cal - sorry also to hear about your situation, that sucks bro. It's one of my biggest fears, surgery setting me back months and months. Hopefully you'll be able to maintain as much lbm as possible. I don't know if you've ever had an extended layoff before, but if not then I think you'll find muscle memory to be a true marvel once you get back!

OP - really sorry about all the hijack, will try and get this back on topic. Actually, you can do that by posting up a revised diet plan.

I'd like to see you add reverse grip bench press and some rear lateral raises with your shoulder routine, and of course figure out whatever you can to work your legs. Your upper/inner chest and rear shoulders appear to be lagging areas.

Edited Diet!!!!!! I cut the fruit down a lot but I couldn't totally get rid of it yet but soon I will cut most if not all of it out.

Breakfast
    1/2scoop Casein Protein(3/4 of a scoop on workout days)
    2 Strawberries
    8 Blueberries
    4" Banana
    2 glasses of water
    4 cups of ice

Multivitamin
    Vitamin C
    Vitamin E
    Iron
    Yohimbine HCL
    Flax Seed Oil
    Taurine
    Vitamin B

3 hrs later
    4oz Chicken Breast
    1oz tomato
    1/8cup green peppers
    4 black olives

3hrs later
    4oz chicken Breast
    1cup Broccoli

3hrs later(preworkout)
    4oz chicken breast
    1/4 cup of Yams
    1/2cup zero percent milk
    1cup water

postworkout
    1/4cup of brown rice
    1/2scoop casein protein
    1/2cup egg whites
    1/2cup zero percent milk
    1 cup of water

I drink 16 glasses of water a day.

I wish I had the time or energy for morning cardio but I think I might force myself 2-3 days a week to do it for a 1/2 hr.

Tbody I also do those as well. I alternate a lot of different workouts as I don't like to repeat the same thing every week. It's pretty random at what I do. I just try NOT to do the exact same exercises I did the week previous. My leg workout is pretty good I just dont know the machine names. I do calve press, leg press, inner and outer thighs, glute kicks, but I have not done squats yet but I may start this week!!!!

I do admit my chest is terrible. I really want to gain in my back and chest........BADLY!!!
    Last edited by jtuner77; 04-25-2011 at 02:19 PM.

Lunges?

Pierce is offline New Member
    Its very interesting to see that you got really a good target of your body loss... I think, It will very motivated for us to chase our target....

Lunges?
    I have not yet but I plan on it soon. Knees are just weak so sometimes they want to give out when I do them or squats so....

Pretty sure I just reconfigured my diet more and I am way lower on my sugar and sodium and my protein and carbs are in good places on workout days but carbs suffer a lot on non workout days.

I cut the fruits down a lot, removed all the apples, removed the cheese, added 1/4 cup sweet potatoes pre my workout and post workout dropped the brand of PB I was using to a 100% organic all natural one and 1/4 long grain rice.

My new workout day macros are:

Total Fat 44
    Sodium 2385
    Potassium 1918
    Carbs 142
    Protein 257

Non workout day macros are:

Total Fat 33
    Soldium 2239
    Pottassium 1713
    Carbs 113
    Protein 224
    Last edited by jtuner77; 04-14-2011 at 11:21 AM.

Since you switch your sodium for soldium on non-workout days you should be fine ( I think soldium is something they mine on tatoween from star wars, isn't it? Or is that when you lick salt off of a soldier?) I am one who does not put any weight into sodium intake unless you are competing and it's stage time.

The macros look fine both days to me. The key to lunges is not to perform them walking, stand still, balance yourself equally split between your legs, lower straight down, perfectly centered, ever so lightly touch your knee to the ground then back up, closing your legs like scissors so as not to put more emphasis on the front or the back leg, I perform 11 reps with the right leg forward then 11 with the left for three consecutive times (this is one set consisting of 66 total reps) perform a calf exercise here then do your next set and repeat for three total sets.

Edited Diet!!!!!! I cut the fruit down a lot but I couldn't totally get rid of it yet but soon I will cut most if not all of it out.

Breakfast
    1/2scoop Casein Protein
    2 Strawberries
    8 Blueberries
    4" Banana
    2 glasses of water
    4 cups of ice

Multivitamin
    Vitamin C
    Vitamin E
    Iron
    Yohimbine HCL
    Flax Seed Oil
    Taurine
    Vitamin B

3 hrs later
    Apple
    4oz Chicken Breast
    1oz tomato
    1/8cup green peppers
    4 black olives

3hrs later
    4oz chicken Breast
    1cup Broccoli

3hrs later(preworkout)
    4oz chicken breast
    6 almonds
    1/4 cup of Yams
    1/2cup zero percent milk
    1cup water

postworkout
    1/4cup of brown rice
    1/2cup egg whites
    1/2cup zero percent milk
    1 cup of water

I drink 16 glasses of water a day.

I wish I had the time or energy for morning cardio but I think I might force myself 2-3 days a week to do it for a 1/2 hr.

Tbody I also do those as well. I alternate a lot of different workouts as I don't like to repeat the same thing every week. It's pretty random at what I do. I just try NOT to do the exact same exercises I did the week previous. My leg workout is pretty good I just dont know the machine names. I do calve press, leg press, inner and outer thighs, glute kicks, but I have not done squats yet but I may start this week!!!!

I do admit my chest is terrible. I really want to gain in my back and chest........BADLY!!!
    Good to see you cut out some of the fruits but the sooner you cut it all out the faster you will get down to 8%, there is no need for it. Some might have different opinion but you really don't need any fruit at all, especially when you are trying to cut. There is no need for it.

Take your multi-vitamins and all your supps and you're all good.

Again some may disagree but for me personally I've always seen best results and dropped my bodyfat the lowest through fasted morning cardio...I would at least try to get in 30 minutes first thing..Its been proven that after cardio your body will continue to burn calories hours after you finish. Which means if you do it every morning your body will benefit more then you are know.

It is a bi*ch to wake up early, but when you think about it, its only 30 minutes..I just go to bed 30 minutes earlier..Its worth it all in the end.

^ ^ i'm currently cutting and doing 1 hour of am fasted cardio 5x a week, steady state lower-mid intensity.

I am also doing evening PWO cardio 3x a week - 15 mins HIIT, 15 mins steady state.

I am just not a morning person plus it doesn't help that I dont sleep well and on top of it all I take classes at night that go till 9pm and I also teach at nights which is about the same so by the time I get home from my workout it's 11 and I get to bed by 12 and for me to fit even a half hour in in the a.m. I would have to be up at 6am. I barely feel refreshed with 8 hrs sleep let alone 6....but I will try it anyways and see where it gets me.

I am just not a morning person plus it doesn't help that I dont sleep well and on top of it all I take classes at night that go till 9pm and I also teach at nights which is about the same so by the time I get home from my workout it's 11 and I get to bed by 12 and for me to fit even a half hour in in the a.m. I would have to be up at 6am. I barely feel refreshed with 8 hrs sleep let alone 6....but I will try it anyways and see where it gets me.
    I personally do ok on 6 hours of (quality) sleep. I want to point out that sleep is very important, and I don't know that i'd give it up for cardio, especially if the sleep you ARE getting isn't the greatest. Something to think about.

I certainly wouldn't give sleep up for cardio.

Thread Information