Thread: Atkins Products

GenX is offline Junior Member

Atkins Products

Hey,

Im currently running a CKD diet and had a quick question. Atkins has a whole product line of stuff you can use, has anyone every tried them? Would you recommed using them.

GenX

Buddha_Red is offline Senior Member
    When i was on atkins diet i did some research on their products. in my opinion you should stay far away from them.

I cannot remember the numbers or the science but there are hidden carbs which only lead you to keep doing the atkins diet.

I personally believe this diet is very effective, but nothing close to an every day diet.

There are some great email groups that have cutting edge info on this, just look for atkins support groups and im sure they will have the "skinny" on whats good to buy and whats not.

sorry i canot give you real facts and figures,i j ust dont like to guess about that sort of thing.

painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member
    I would be carefull of them on CKD. You don't want anything messing up your keto or your screwed. As for me I have done low carb, low insulin and used their products. There is some uncounted cals but it is all sugar alcohols which doesn't bother me, just cals no insulin effect. I like his products for low carb diets.

Pain

Buddha_Red is offline Senior Member
    ahh i see, thanks for the info bro!

durbin22 is offline Member
    I have tried the peanut butter cups, carmel nut chews and pancakes. The peanut butter cups are good. I have eaten them during my ckd diet and have not had any negative effects on results.

painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member
    Originally posted by durbin22
    I have tried the peanut butter cups, carmel nut chews and pancakes. The peanut butter cups are good. I have eaten them during my ckd diet and have not had any negative effects on results.
    Good to hear.

Pain

beenie is offline Senior Member
    I like the Atkins products. The new candy bars are great if you limit them to no more than 3 or 4 a week. In general the products are low in carbs and high in fat.

Wiith most of the baking products you can make them youself at a faction of the cost. Main ingrediants are soy protien isolate, sucralose, and fat.

Thread Information