brubaker79 is offline New Member

Free and great tool for easy tracking of diets

I have to say, i've been using Livestrong.com website for the past few weeks and it's truely great for monitoring diet. You can search for what you're eating and it'll input all the nutritional facts for you. Also show's you on a pie graph the percentage of fats, protein, carbs you're taking in, has iphone app for it as well. You can create custom meals if you happen to repeat them often for bulking purposes. Anyone try this out yet?

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    livestrong.com is by far my fav site for working out macros. I don't use the daily tracking tool, but I do use it to double check my diets and macros. They have a VERY extensive database, it's great!

Nephets is offline Senior Member
    Cool, thanks for the link.

tbody66 is offline Anabolic Member
    I've used it for 6 months for macros and I have been using it solid for 8 days for the daily tracking. Love it, wow do I hate that it accurately records what I eat!

usd610 is offline New Member
    I have a question about this site. Are the measurement based on weighing the food cooked or uncooked? for example a 9 ounce chicken breast

LatissimusaurousRex is offline Senior Member
    I just use a spreadsheet I made with open office (free spreadsheet software). It takes a little time to set up all the formulas and everything, but it's worth it. If you know your stuff pretty well, i recommend you doing the same.

Quote Originally Posted by usd610 View Post
    I have a question about this site. Are the measurement based on weighing the food cooked or uncooked? for example a 9 ounce chicken breast
    Unless otherwise stated, always uncooked/raw/dry measure.

usd610 is offline New Member
    With that being said wouldn't the macros change after cooking?

Depends on which macro and method of cooking. Generally with protein, no. Weight will obviously change, but that's mostly water. If you grill a steak, the fat macro will be reduced due to drippings. Same goes for when you strain the grease out of ground beef. I just stick with the raw macros and am happy I'm close. No matter how hard you try, macros will ALWAYS be off to some degree.

Thread Information