I want to bulk.

Meal #1 6:30 am
    2 whole eggs,10 egg whites,1 cup of oat meal (uncooked),multi-vitamin
    57/55/15/610

Meal #2 9:00 am
    8 oz of venison,1 cup cooked brown rice
    65/45/22/640

Meal #3 12:00 pm
    8 oz boneless/skinless chicken breast,1 cup green beans,1 cup of mashed sweet potato
    48/41/1/420

Meal #4 3:00 pm
    2 cans of tuna fish,2 table spoon of miracle whip,1 table spoon of mustard, 2 tea spoons of flax seed oil,1 cup of green beans
    52/14/14/400

Meal #5 (pre-workout) 5:00 pm
    3 scoops of "Ultimate Nutrition" protein isolate,16 oz of fat free milk
    60/33/4/472

WORK OUT at 5:30
    45 mins of weights and 45 mins of cardio. Cardio consists of jogging around 6 mph.

Meal #6 (post-workout) 7:00 pm Creatine / 7:30 Protein
    Creatine is "Six star muscle fuel"
    0/42/0/170
    3 scoops of "Ultimate Nutrition" protein isolate
    60/9/3/300

Meal #7 9:00 pm
    5 egg whites,1 whole egg, 1 cup fat free cottage cheese, 1 cup salsa
    53/26/5/382

I think the Break down is like so : 395/232/64/3394

I am a little bit active at work , but I mostly just walk around. I work out 2 on and 1 off and on weekends I do a empty stomach cardio right when I wake up for 45 mins in addition to my weights and second cardio. I want to get over 200 muscular pounds by the end of summer. I do plan to do my first cycle of test-c starting may 30th . I will do 500mgs on mondays for 10 weeks.

Feed back/help/advice Welcome!!!! Thanks

REDWING_FAN is offline Junior Member
    Anyone got anything for me???

strong_web is offline Associate Member
    I like the nickname, And not sure what is what, cals are 3394, whats your protein?

I thought it went protein/carbs/fat/cal from the posts I have read. I could have easily got it wrong though....... lol .So that is how I posted it. My protein is 395.

strong_web is offline Associate Member
    Notsure, I seen all kinds of different lay-out, anyways protein is pretty good, but I will let the pros take on the rest.

Thanks. Anyone else?

Christopher_UK is offline Junior Member
    It's frustrating when you dont get any help isnt it, not had much look in my thread either, I signed up to these forums 3 days ago, spent hours on my thread crunching the numbers and giving as much detail as possible, posted, only really had 1 proper reply, but not really told me much...

I'm probably not as wise as some of the members of this board, but I've been learning about nutrition for over a year now and training for 3 years and 8 months...I like to think I'm out of the newbie stage, lets put it that way...

I'll try tell you what I think of your diet, your 190lbs, yet your eating the amount of protein thats been recommended for me, I'm 275 pounds at 6,4...but, having said that, most people wont argue with you eating extra protein, I personally think its better to go over then under...even though I have been told in my thread that my protein is too low for my cutting...when I was bulking I was eating 8 meals a day at 400g of protein, but I thought for cutting I'd half it, but now I've been told that is wrong, and keep it the same is nessecery even for cutting...but even still, I think you could lose 50g of protein, if money is a problem, and could use that money for more carbs/fat.

I'm pretty confident that if you do get 10 replies by other members, we'll all be in agreement that your fat intake is way too low...To cut we have to eat fat to lose fat. thats what I've been told. Good fats tho, not bad fats, like olive oil, nuts, flex seed oil, coconut oil etc etc. Whichever is easiest for you...Also you got to remember that fat/carbs are what gives us the energy we need to do our workouts, if you go too low, you might struggle to lift the same weight in the gym or have little energy...

On top of what I've just said, the carbs vs fat issue is down to the individual, some people do better on more carbs, some do better on more fat, but either way your fat is still too low, I'd say you want it to be 150g minimum.

Other then all that, your diet actually looks really good, I read over your entire diet, every word, you obviously have been doing some reading, I can tell you've put some effort into this, because theres no way you'd be accidently eating all the right foods haha....so good on ya for that.

I hope I dont come across sounding arogant or patronising, its easily done over the internet in text format, sorry if I do...I'm no expert but thats my two pence worth.

Just one last question tho, your last meal at 9, do you go to bed then? coz I think me and you both need to be having a late night protein meal before bed, maybe casein shake to slowly absorb whilst we sleep.

EDIT: Also you've put your doing cardio in a morning on empty stomach, I heard that is awesome because you lose 35% more fat when doing so and that there's loads of scientific evidence to back that up, but I've also heard this is a big NO NO for us bodybuilders and its not wise to do, I cant remember exact details, you can ask others or do some research on that, but am pretty sure you should eat first. I'd just have something small tho like a shake.

If anything, hopefully I've just given you some things to think about
    Last edited by Christopher_UK; 04-25-2011 at 04:50 PM.

bmor is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher_UK View Post
    your fat is still too low, I'd say you want it to be 150g minimum.
    I hope that is a typo. I do not think 150g of Fat is good for you unless you are running some sort of Keto diet.
    Last edited by bmor; 04-25-2011 at 06:18 PM. Reason: went back and reread OP

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher_UK View Post
    It's frustrating when you dont get any help isnt it, not had much look in my thread either, I signed up to these forums 3 days ago, spent hours on my thread crunching the numbers and giving as much detail as possible, posted, only really had 1 proper reply, but not really told me much...

I'm probably not as wise as some of the members of this board, but I've been learning about nutrition for over a year now and training for 3 years and 8 months...I like to think I'm out of the newbie stage, lets put it that way...

I'll try tell you what I think of your diet, your 190lbs, yet your eating the amount of protein thats been recommended for me, I'm 275 pounds at 6,4...but, having said that, most people wont argue with you eating extra protein, I personally think its better to go over then under...even though I have been told in my thread that my protein is too low for my cutting...when I was bulking I was eating 8 meals a day at 400g of protein, but I thought for cutting I'd half it, but now I've been told that is wrong, and keep it the same is nessecery even for cutting...but even still, I think you could lose 50g of protein, if money is a problem, and could use that money for more carbs/fat.

I'm pretty confident that if you do get 10 replies by other members, we'll all be in agreement that your fat intake is way too low...To cut we have to eat fat to lose fat. thats what I've been told. Good fats tho, not bad fats, like olive oil, nuts, flex seed oil, coconut oil etc etc. Whichever is easiest for you...Also you got to remember that fat/carbs are what gives us the energy we need to do our workouts, if you go too low, you might struggle to lift the same weight in the gym or have little energy...

On top of what I've just said, the carbs vs fat issue is down to the individual, some people do better on more carbs, some do better on more fat, but either way your fat is still too low, I'd say you want it to be 150g minimum.

Other then all that, your diet actually looks really good, I read over your entire diet, every word, you obviously have been doing some reading, I can tell you've put some effort into this, because theres no way you'd be accidently eating all the right foods haha....so good on ya for that.

I hope I dont come across sounding arogant or patronising, its easily done over the internet in text format, sorry if I do...I'm no expert but thats my two pence worth.

Just one last question tho, your last meal at 9, do you go to bed then? coz I think me and you both need to be having a late night protein meal before bed, maybe casein shake to slowly absorb whilst we sleep.

EDIT: Also you've put your doing cardio in a morning on empty stomach, I heard that is awesome because you lose 35% more fat when doing so and that there's loads of scientific evidence to back that up, but I've also heard this is a big NO NO for us bodybuilders and its not wise to do, I cant remember exact details, you can ask others or do some research on that, but am pretty sure you should eat first. I'd just have something small tho like a shake.

If anything, hopefully I've just given you some things to think about
    Thank you very much for your input. I have been waiting for some replys....... Thanks for noticing!!! lol. I will Do some research on the empty stomach cardio and upping my fat. I am trying to do a some what of a clean bulk so thats why I was throwing in the extra cardios. I go to bed about a half hour after my last meal. I thought that cottage cheese counted as a casein source. It did take a lot of time to figure all the numbers out so thanks again for noticing and your awsome reply. PEACE
    Last edited by REDWING_FAN; 04-25-2011 at 06:21 PM.

Christopher_UK is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bmor View Post
    I hope that is a typo. I do not think 150g of Fat is good for you unless you are running some sort of Keto diet.
    Rather then tell me that I'm wrong, why not instead reply to "REDWING_FAN's" post and tell him what you think of his diet and how much fat he should be having then. Seems kind of a pointless reply to me.

EDIT: The figure I gave was based on information I've read and advice been given to me on bodybuilding.com.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    see bold

Quote Originally Posted by REDWING_FAN View Post
    Hello all,

6'0
    190 lbs
    12% bf
    lifting 4 years

I want to bulk.

Meal #1 6:30 am
    2 whole eggs,10 egg whites,1 cup of oat meal (uncooked),multi-vitamin
    57/55/15/610

Great start!!

Meal #2 9:00 am
    8 oz of venison,1 cup cooked brown rice
    65/45/22/640

Nice meal, drop venison to 6oz

Meal #3 12:00 pm
    8 oz boneless/skinless chicken breast,1 cup green beans,1 cup of mashed sweet potato
    48/41/1/420

Another great meal, drop chicken to 6oz

Meal #4 3:00 pm
    2 cans of tuna fish,2 table spoon of miracle whip,1 table spoon of mustard, 2 tea spoons of flax seed oil,1 cup of green beans
    52/14/14/400

Great!

Meal #5 (pre-workout) 5:00 pm
    3 scoops of "Ultimate Nutrition" protein isolate,16 oz of fat free milk
    60/33/4/472

I'd switch this meal up. Have the shake if you need to (2 scoops if so), although i'd go with whole food here. Drop the milk, it won't do you much good here. Fuel your workout with some slow burning complex carbs - oats or sweet potato would be an excellent choice here

WORK OUT at 5:30
    45 mins of weights and 45 mins of cardio. Cardio consists of jogging around 6 mph.

Meal #6 (post-workout) 7:00 pm Creatine / 7:30 Protein
    Creatine is "Six star muscle fuel"
    0/42/0/170
    3 scoops of "Ultimate Nutrition" protein isolate
    60/9/3/300

Take regular creatine and replace the carbs with whole food. Make the protein 2 scoops

Meal #7 9:00 pm
    5 egg whites,1 whole egg, 1 cup fat free cottage cheese, 1 cup salsa
    53/26/5/382

Eggs are very fast digesting therefore not the greatest choice before bed, however you do have the cottage cheese which is great, so it's a wash, no biggie

I think the Break down is like so : 395/232/64/3394

Based on your numbers, I have your maintenance figured at around 2500 or so. With that, 3000 calories/day would be a good starting point. Protein is ridiculously high for your bodyweight; it can easily come down to 300g - the adjustments I made will get it closer. I like where fats are, but carbs definitely should come up IMO. I'd do something closer to:

300g protein
    350g carbs
    65g fat

This is roughly 3200 calories so it's a bit higher then i'd like to see you start at, but ultimately it's up to you to monitor your progress closely and make adjustments until you're dialed in. If you're pretty active throughout the day, then 3200 might be an excellent starting point.

You have a very good clean diet, one of the better ones i've seen on here in a long time. My only other criticism is that I see hardly any EFA's at all; try and sub one of your proteins out for oily fish (salmon, etc) or at least supplement with fish oil caps. Other than that, I love it - good veggies, etc.

I am a little bit active at work , but I mostly just walk around. I work out 2 on and 1 off and on weekends I do a empty stomach cardio right when I wake up for 45 mins in addition to my weights and second cardio. I want to get over 200 muscular pounds by the end of summer. I do plan to do my first cycle of test-c starting may 30th . I will do 500mgs on mondays for 10 weeks.

I'm a huge advocate of cardio - but not necessarily when you're trying to put on weight. Don't get me wrong, I think you should still do it - but i'd reconsider 2x a day, or at least keep intensity relatively low. You want to be in a weight (LBM) gaining mode, don't fight it with cardio.

Feed back/help/advice Welcome!!!! Thanks

Tyvm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thread Information