OT8268 is offline Associate Member

My revised Cutting Diet, critique please

730 am - 6 egg whites
    oatmeal (half bowl, not sure the measurement, i'm in college its in the cafeteria)
    4 Turkey Sausage links

1000 am - Need Help on this one
    1 tablespoon Flax Seed Oil

1230 pm - Turkey Sandwich w/ mustard
    Salad non fat dressing

330 pm - (Pre Workout)
    Cottage Cheese

530 pm - (Post Workout)
    Protein drink w/ carbs

730 pm - 8 oz lean steak or chicken
    Steamed vegetables / Salad

1000 pm - Protein drink /w carbs
    1 tablespoon peanut butter
    1 tablespoon Flax Seed Oil

Ok rip it apart please, and I need help on the 1000 am not sure what to put, also what is a good protein shake with dextrose

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Well for 10am how about a can or 2 of tuna. Even though it's turkey sausage, I'd loose 'em. 12:30 meal, add some tuna or another sandwhich well minus the bread. I'd bump your 7:30 meal up to 6:30 that way it's just an hour after your post-workout shake. Lose the carbs w/ the 10pm shake if you can. Als otake just the flax, no need to take the peanutbutter at the same time. Maybe take the peanutbutter w/ the 12:30 meal.

great, Texan thanks a lot that really helps me out, I really apreciate it, do you know of a good brand of <a href="http://www.allsportsnutrition.com/listproducts.php?style=category&value=PROTEIN" target="_blank">protein</a> that has carbs, that is not a megmass, I went to the store the other day and had trouble finiding one with carbs, unless 5 carbs a serving is enough
    Last edited by OT8268; 03-14-2003 at 02:34 PM.

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Most protein powders contain low carbs, now meal replacements are high in carbs. I don't use meal replacements though, I tend to stick with real food except for adding some protein shakes in during the day.

well I see some people talk about protein shakes with dextrose, what is that?

painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member
    Originally posted by OT8268
    well I see some people talk about <a href="http://www.allsportsnutrition.com/listproducts.php?style=category&value=PROTEIN" target="_blank">protein</a> shakes with dextrose, what is that?
    That is something used post workout to help get you insulin going. It is dextrose (sugar) and protein (whey) mixed into one shake.

Pain

sherpa27 is offline Junior Member
    carbs before bedtime are a sin when cutting, follow Texans plan it good definetly loose the sausage, if your in a cafeteria you cant be sure how its cooked (prob oil) also see how things work for you 1-2 lbs a week is good for cutting, unless your fat

Thread Information