ProteinPuddin' is offline Female Member

Diet Help for Female...

I am 5'1 and weigh 102lbs and am currently trying to drop from 17% bf to 12%. I need some help on my diet and would love any feed back anyone has. My day pretty much consists of the following

Gym- cardio or Plyo's 30-45 minutes

Meal 1: 1 scoop protein shake & 1/2 c oats

Meal 2: 1 egg 4 whites & 1/2 c oats

Meal 3: 4oz chicken breast, 1/4 c brown rice & 1/2 c veggies

Meal 4: 4oz chicken breast & 1/2 c green beans

Meal 5: 4oz tilapia & asparagus

Gym- weights

Am I eating too much or not enough if I am trying to cut down on fat and build muscle? Also, I take a multi-vitamin, fish oil, and Lipo 6 Black HERS(2 caps 30 minutes before cardio & 2 caps in the afternoon 30 minutes or so before meal. Any feedback is greatly appreciated

Nephets is offline Senior Member
    Are you sure your bodyfat % is correct. Can you post the macros for each of the meals above, protein, carbs, calories, fat. It does look like there is some room for improvement in your diet, but the macros will be a big help.

scotty51312 is offline Transformation Challenge Trainer
    12%bf for females is competition bodybuilding level. How was your bodyfat measured?

U need a post workout meal in the evening as well. If you're not sure about your bodyfat post up a pic and we'll give you an assesment accurate within a percent or two. Definitley need the macro's. protien carbs fat, calories for each meal and the whole day.

Do you know what your TDEE is? (total daily energy expenditure) if not google it and use the formula to figure it up. Its good to know your maintenance calories to get u started.

Increasing muscle mass for women isn't the same for men. Trainers tell women to lift in the range of 12-15 reps with a lighter weight. I believe in more sets of 6-8 at higher weight going to failure. Women don't have the natural hormones to really bulk up like a man so instead they get a more "lean" look

M302_Imola is offline Knowledgeable Member
    post the times of your meals. So you lift weights and eat nothing after?

Yes, I will work on the macros and post them a little later with the times of my meals as well. I had my bf % tested by a trainer/figure competitor with calipers. FitnessFrog.com says my TDEE is 1948. I am not afraid of bulking up and I lift heavier with less reps 6-8 or 8-10 it also depends what body part I am training. I don't believe in lighter weights and more reps...I feel that is best for maintaining what you currently have, not what's best for building more muscle. I am looking for that "leaner" look with more muscle definition. I am sorry, yes I do eat after my weight training I just forgot to post it, usually its another protein shake and light carbs like 1/4 c oats since I usually dont get home from the til around or after 9pm. I will get back to you on the macros... thanks guys

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by ProteinPuddin' View Post
    I am 5'1 and weigh 102lbs and am currently trying to drop from 17% bf to 12%. I need some help on my diet and would love any feed back anyone has. My day pretty much consists of the following

Meal 1: 1 scoop protein shake & 1/2 c oats

Meal 2: 1 egg 4 whites & 1/2 c oats

Meal 3: 4oz chicken breast, 1/4 c brown rice & 1/2 c veggies

Meal 4: 4oz chicken breast & 1/2 c green beans

Meal 5: 4oz tilapia & asparagus

Gym- weights

Am I eating too much or not enough if I am trying to cut down on fat and build muscle? Also, I take a multi-vitamin, fish oil, and Lipo 6 Black HERS(2 caps 30 minutes before cardio & 2 caps in the afternoon 30 minutes or so before meal. Any feedback is greatly appreciated
    I also have to question your numbers - your weight and bodyfat don't exactly add up - although at 5'1 I guess it's possible.

I want to commend you for your food choices - SO much better than 95% of other diets I see posted here, especially for females (no offense girls!!). Super clean, veggies, etc - love it!

It's impossible to tell you if you're eating too much or too little without the macros - but at a glance, it looks damn good to me. What's with PWO - no more food after the gym?

PS - as mentioned above, 12% is competition BF for women. What are your specific goals? What are you aiming for?

Okay so here is a pretty good idea of what my intake in macros are. So I am sitting at about 1300 calories, 20 g fat, 100 g carbs (this includes veggies) & 178 g protein. I feel like I am a little off balance with this, but then again I am not really sure either.

Meal 1: 1 scoop protein shake & 1/2 c oats = Calories 280 Fat 4.5 Carbs 30 Protein 32

Meal 2: 1 egg 4 whites & 1/2 c oats = Calories 275 Fat 8 Carbs 26 Protein 27

Meal 3: 4oz chicken breast, 1/4 c brown rice & 1/2 c veggies = Calories 211 Fat 1 Carbs 20 Protein 30

Meal 4: 4oz chicken breast & 1/2 c green beans = Calories 164 Fat 1 Carbs 10 Protein 27

Meal 5: 4oz tilapia & asparagus = Calories 160 Fat 4 Carbs 3 Protein 32

Gym- weights

Meal 6: Protein Shake & 1/4 c oats = Calories 210 Fat Carbs 13 Protein 30

I guess I didnt realize that 12% is competition range. I would be good with dropping to at least 14% or so. I feel skinny fat right now. My main goal is to get my butt in tip top shape to compete in my first bikini competition next April. When you say my numbers aren't adding up (weight & bodyfat), can you explain what you mean and what you would think my #'s should be at? I am a little confused. Thanks for all the feedback guys.

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    I also have to question your numbers - your weight and bodyfat don't exactly add up - although at 5'1 I guess it's possible.

I want to commend you for your food choices - SO much better than 95% of other diets I see posted here, especially for females (no offense girls!!). Super clean, veggies, etc - love it!

It's impossible to tell you if you're eating too much or too little without the macros - but at a glance, it looks damn good to me. What's with PWO - no more food after the gym?

PS - as mentioned above, 12% is competition BF for women. What are your specific goals? What are you aiming for?
    HA HA HA HA HA!!!

Welcome ProteinPuddin'......Looks like you are on the right path~

Okay so here is a pretty good idea of what my intake in macros are. So I am sitting at about 1300 calories, 20 g fat, 100 g carbs (this includes veggies) & 178 g protein. I feel like I am a little off balance with this, but then again I am not really sure either.

Meal 1: 1 scoop protein shake & 1/2 c oats = Calories 280 Fat 4.5 Carbs 30 Protein 32

Meal 3: 4oz chicken breast, 1/4 c brown rice & 1/2 c veggies = Calories 211 Fat 1 Carbs 20 Protein 30

Meal 4: 4oz chicken breast & 1/2 c green beans = Calories 164 Fat 1 Carbs 10 Protein 27

Gym- weights

I guess I didnt realize that 12% is competition range. I would be good with dropping to at least 14% or so. I feel skinny fat right now. My main goal is to get my butt in tip top shape to compete in my first bikini competition next April. When you say my numbers aren't adding up (weight & bodyfat), can you explain what you mean and what you would think my #'s should be at? I am a little confused. Thanks for all the feedback guys.
    What was meant by that is this girl for example is probably 16-17% bodyfat. Most girls that compete at bikinni show are in that range. So if you're bodyfat is really 17% you should be just about stage ready.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Diet Help for Female...-bikini.jpg  

This girl would be an example of 14-15% So which one are you leaner than. Very important to know you're starting point. There should be a thread by a girl named 11way on here in the diet section called "i wanna do a bikini show" I'd recommend reading it
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Diet Help for Female...-bikini2.jpg  
    Last edited by scotty51312; 04-27-2011 at 04:09 AM.

M302_Imola is offline Knowledgeable Member
    ^^^damn that chick is lean. She looks to big for bikini, seems like fitness would be more appropriate but hey, I'm no judge! lol

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by SlimmerMe View Post
    HA HA HA HA HA!!!

Welcome ProteinPuddin'......Looks like you are on the right path~
    SM - this was NOT directed at you, or anybody in particular. I just recall most diets posted by females are like 600 calories/day of yogurt and almonds.

Quote Originally Posted by M302_Imola View Post
    ^^^damn that chick is lean. She looks to big for bikini, seems like fitness would be more appropriate but hey, I'm no judge! lol
    Exactly my point. Bikini comps aren't interested in seeing women sub 15%

Well, I definitely think I need to add some muscle and have my bf tested again...as I dont feel I resemble either of those girls and still have some work to do. I appreciate your help guys!
    Last edited by ProteinPuddin'; 04-27-2011 at 08:38 AM.

Trying to post a pic, but its not working for me.

you probably can't post a pic till you have like 25 posts i think its the same way for sending Private messages. Try going to the lounge and posting on the postwhore threads there to get your post count up

Kawigirl is offline Knowledgeable~Female Member
    Well, I definitely think I need to add some muscle and have my bf tested again...as I dont feel I resemble either of those girls and still have some work to do. I appreciate your help guys!
    Most men can't sometimes really can't give a good estimate of bf for woman. We carry it so differently than men for of course evolution purposes...(baby making). Getting it checked with electric currents are much better indication for woman. A typical athletic woman is usually around 22 -23%...and thats an athletic girl

Gym- weights

Cardio 5am, 1st meal 6am and then meals are every three hours after that so 9am 12pm 3pm 6pm... I do my weight training around 7 or 8pm so after meal 5. Should I increase my calories if I am trying to put on about 2lbs of muscle?

Thread Information